Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have or will soon be taking delivery of a 2022 DRW pickup, you may want to check your truck upon arrival at your dealer.
Several trucks, including mine, have been delivered without the center section of the rear wheel well splash guard installed.
This seems to be a reoccurring problem. I notified my salesman immediately upon seeing this and he ordered the missing pieces through parts.
Those have arrived today and I will update with part numbers and install pictures later today. As of right now, I am unaware as to why these parts were not installed.
Starting this thread so as NOT to convolute or sidetrack the 22 Order thread.
The pictures posted below represent the missing section on my truck (both sides) as well as what information I was able to find online. (I will update with new pics and part numbers after I receive and install)
IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2770.JPG

Firewall

Reaction score
Both front and back specifically listed on my build sheet so it will be interesting to see if the backs are there whenever it gets delivered!

GLB1950

Reaction score
My salesman called me last night and reaffirmed that they would pursue this issue with FCA. Now we wait and see. Thanks for starting this string.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
My salesman called me last night and reaffirmed that they would pursue this issue with FCA. Now we wait and see. Thanks for starting this string.

No worries!
Let us know what information you find.
I’m hopeful the ones sitting at the parts counter for me will fit, and that they’re covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast1

Reaction score
I took the picture and part number to my dealer a couple days ago. The parts guys took quite awhile, and came back saying those center sections are for a dually with 2wd. The aren't for a dually with 4wd. They couldn't explain the difference. So I'm still without them.

Has anyone with a 4wd installed these yet?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I took the picture and part number to my dealer a couple days ago. The parts guys took quite awhile, and came back saying those center sections are for a dually with 2wd. The aren't for a dually with 4wd. They couldn't explain the difference. So I'm still without them.

Has anyone with a 4wd installed these yet?

I don’t believe they are correct. The part was standard on 2021 trucks and back wether 2WD or 4wd. My 2017 drw 4x4 had them. They’re the same part. They may be looking at the wrong part numbers, or misreading the part descriptor. The set my dealer ordered has arrived. I’ll be picking them up today after work and will post an update with part numbers in this thread once I get them and install them.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a 2021 DRW longhorn on auto trader just now. Luckily the dealer took a great picture of the rear dual fender well area. You can clearly see the center section installed, even that oval shaped depression in the center of it, which matches the part I posted initially.
c483293f250349b0fbf37e5f0d74d424.jpg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So I just left the dealership. They did indeed order me splash guards, however the ones they ordered are the ones that are already installed on the truck, NOT the small center piece that spans the gap. In speaking to the parts guy, and also observing his parts program while he was flipping through it, the parts catalog shows the center splash guard (#4 on the diagram) but does populate a part number for a 2022 model year VIN. Once he switched it back to a 2021 or prior model year, a part number showed up. Apparently for some reason Ram must’ve made the decision to pull these from the truck equipment starting in 2022. No idea why.

In any case, the correct ones (from a model year 21) truck are ordered and should arrive in 3-4 days. Not sure how this is going to work out in terms of paying for them, but if I need to I’ll buy them myself and install. I see no logical reason why they weren’t included in the truck, especially since they are still being produced and are available. The part number for the splash guard center section is 68061033AA
You will need two of these, one for either side. Additionally you will need four Phillips head expansion screws (I will get part number when I pick them up in a few days) as the lower part of the shield connects to the main splash guard via these screws. The upper part “hooks” into the panel with the pre existing square holes.

I will update again as I get more info, and when I pick up the correct parts.

Needless to say the service and parts guys were completely in the dark about all of this. Seems a shame a to have to deal with hassles like this when you’re spending almost a hundred grand on a pickup truck….welcome to life in 2021 I guess!

ABigBearRam

Reaction score
So I just left the dealership. They did indeed order me splash guards, however the ones they ordered are the ones that are already installed on the truck, NOT the small center piece that spans the gap. In speaking to the parts guy, and also observing his parts program while he was flipping through it, the parts catalog shows the center splash guard (#4 on the diagram) but does populate a part number for a 2022 model year VIN. Once he switched it back to a 2021 or prior model year, a part number showed up. Apparently for some reason Ram must’ve made the decision to pull these from the truck equipment starting in 2022. No idea why.

In any case, the correct ones (from a model year 21) truck are ordered and should arrive in 3-4 days. Not sure how this is going to work out in terms of paying for them, but if I need to I’ll buy them myself and install. I see no logical reason why they weren’t included in the truck, especially since they are still being produced and are available. The part number for the splash guard center section is 68061033AA
You will need two of these, one for either side. Additionally you will need four Phillips head expansion screws (I will get part number when I pick them up in a few days) as the lower part of the shield connects to the main splash guard via these screws. The upper part “hooks” into the panel with the pre existing square holes.

I will update again as I get more info, and when I pick up the correct parts.

Needless to say the service and parts guys were completely in the dark about all of this. Seems a shame a to have to deal with hassles like this when you’re spending almost a hundred grand on a pickup truck….welcome to life in 2021 I guess!

Thanks for the update! Bummer that they were sent the wrong sections. When you get the correct part do you mind letting us know the pricing? Thanks!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Bummer that they were sent the wrong sections. When you get the correct part do you mind letting us know the pricing? Thanks!

Will do

The mistake was made on the dealership side when the order was placed, primarily because the only splash guard that the system would let them order was the whole assembly that installs under the fender.

I’ll be curious to see who ends up paying to put 2021 parts on a 2022 truck….me or them

I called a different dealership last week to check the availability of the center section and it was indeed available and the parts tech quoted me around $50 per side not including the hardware. Yikes!

Werkerb

Reaction score
Talked to the dealership about the missing part. According to the GM (so take it with a grain of sand) the center piece is now a stand alone option that now has to be selected but doesn’t show up on the options list. I had to give the the part number before they could even find it. They will be ordering me replacements at their cost. Can’t even guess why Ram would do something as foolish as this but is getting to be no surprise. Once they come in and are installed I will update if they are the correct parts.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info a research everyone. Can't believe they have to be ordered separately, and its even harder to understand why they don't just come as one solid piece. Even with these add on sections, there's still a huge hole on top. I would love to know why they designed them to not be full coverage.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Talked to the dealership about the missing part. According to the GM (so take it with a grain of sand) the center piece is now a stand alone option that now has to be selected but doesn’t show up on the options list. I had to give the the part number before they could even find it. They will be ordering me replacements at their cost. Can’t even guess why Ram would do something as foolish as this but is getting to be no surprise. Once they come in and are installed I will update if they are the correct parts.

Did their computer show the part number for a 2022 model year VIN? I watched the guy do it on the screen and when he entered my vin, the diagram below (see pic) showed up, it shows the center section, even gives it a number (#4) but the system would not generate a part number for that part, nor would it allow them to order it. I had to have the guy change the current vehicle to a 2021 model year for it to give a part number. Also tried my old VIN from my 2017 3500 DRW and it again gave a part number. (Same one as the 2021)

I sat with my salesman and watched him order my 2022 Longhorn Lvl 1 and I never saw an option for a center splash screen when we were going through the options. I’d take what that guy said with two grains of salt. Most of these dealers / staff are in the dark with this stuff. You’ll find more help and info here in this forum than you will at a dealer!

CJM

Reaction score
My truck is a 2021 Dually and it did not come with the centre sections (picture attached).
When I asked my dealer about about it, they submitted a claim to FCA for the missing pieces.
The claim was approved and the parts were ordered, no charge. I have a great dealer!!!

Just wish they covered the whole wheel well.

WheelWell.jpg

anderson0172

Reaction score
My '21 DRW Limited 4x4 is also missing that center section, maybe this has been going on for years.

Firewall

Reaction score
I've been sitting in JS - Storage for a few days now, maybe they are looking for my liners! :rolleyes:

Linked4door

Reaction score
I spoke to markdodge and a few other dealerships also. The general consensus is the 2022's don't come with them anymore. And their isn't an option to order new trucks with them.

Users who are viewing this thread