Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Awesome thank you for the update.....I contacted my cousin (Parts guy at my dealer) he contacted the salesmen and he said yes we'll order them and cover the charges for the liner covers. I just hope they ordered the screw/push pins. Do you have a part number for the screws/pushpins?

GLB1950

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to run to the dealer and grab the parts. They had everything ready for pick up, no paperwork or charges. The service manager said they covered it under an “R.O.”
The part number is molded into the back of the splash shield and I wasn’t able to get a part number for the push pins but I included a picture for reference. I’m sure if you show this to your parts counter they can source them. They fit perfectly and definitely “clean up” the appearance of the truck back there. I know they aren’t a perfect solution but I’m glad this was able to rectified and I can say yet again my dealer is really taking care of me, and that is very much appreciated. Another reason to keep my business local and I’m glad I did with this truck purchase.
View attachment 28606View attachment 28607View attachment 28608View attachment 28609View attachment 28610View attachment 28611
Still looks like there's a section at the top that's bare. Almost like there's another section to cover the top?

Linked4door

Reaction score
Still looks like there's a section at the top that's bare. Almost like there's another section to cover the top?
That's cause there is still a empty section. That's how its designed sadly. There is no other part to be attached. All the other trucks I have seen are just like this one

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome thank you for the update.....I contacted my cousin (Parts guy at my dealer) he contacted the salesmen and he said yes we'll order them and cover the charges for the liner covers. I just hope they ordered the screw/push pins. Do you have a part number for the screws/pushpins?

I don’t have the push pin number but it comes up in the parts catalog if they look it up under a 2021 or older truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That's cause there is still a empty section. That's how its designed sadly. There is no other part to be attached. All the other trucks I have seen are just like this one

Yep that’s how they’re made. My 2017 was identical. It isn’t the best design however I’m glad to have them. They at least protect the bare / primer metal part of the bed body from direct hits.

Pulling it

Reaction score
Ordered mine tonight. Parts guy couldn’t find push pins. But he said when they come in he’ll find some pins in body shop. Thanks for parts # on splash guard saved a big headache .

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Here’s the push pin info (see picture)
ebc52b57cbd1bc75e673a2498e9788d9.jpg

CJM

Reaction score
Think I might take my rear wheel liners off in spring and have the tubs sprayed with bed liner.
Then put the wheel liners back on. At least that would give the extra protection on the missing
top section and give the wheel well a complete black look after adding the missing side pieces.

Nick

Reaction score
So mud , salty snow slush and whatever else you can think of gets slung up there .. Some kind of stupid !

CJM

Reaction score
So mud , salty snow slush and whatever else you can think of gets slung up there .. Some kind of stupid !

Now that's a stupid statement! Mud, slush, snow and whatever else gets slung up there anyway.
Why not protect the open area instead of the painted metal getting beat on?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's a stupid statement! Mud, slush, snow and whatever else gets slung up there anyway.
Why not protect the open area instead of the painted metal getting beat on?

Agreed. The center section protects the underside of the metal body from direct impact with stones which would cause rust far faster than slush or mud. In any case there is ample room between the splash guard and the body panel. It takes ten seconds to run a hose in between there and flush out whatever debris may be in there. In my mind, I’d rather have easy access to that area for cleaning rather than a solid piece that would be a real PITA to remove. I ran my 2017 for four winters in PA and never really noticed any abundance of material build up. Regular trips to the car wash and a quick shot from the high pressure gun in those areas did the trick. A one-piece liner isn’t sealed completely and water and debris can still find its way behind, just more effort to remove. That’s my 2 cents worth….

sstoner911

Reaction score
Well, I went out to look at my truck after coming across this thread....

I just got this truck about 3 weeks ago and it's missing the center section ....

I have an appointment on the 28th for a leaking shock so this is one more for the list of things to fix.

Attachments

• 20211225_140144.jpg
    20211225_140144.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 25

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
Does any one have a post number for the replacement of the wheel well? This is what my dealer sent me.

Attachments

• 0D2BFDD8-D4D4-4767-A03F-31E25EE1078D.jpeg
    0D2BFDD8-D4D4-4767-A03F-31E25EE1078D.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 56
  • 841FDA75-4BEE-467E-85A0-854AA6B166D6.jpeg
    841FDA75-4BEE-467E-85A0-854AA6B166D6.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 8BAD65BA-C0D7-4053-8018-E310418079A4.jpeg
    8BAD65BA-C0D7-4053-8018-E310418079A4.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 54

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Does any one have a post number for the replacement of the wheel well? This is what my dealer sent me.
That is the same exact fender well liner you currently have on your 2022 Ram DRW. The number that you need for the center piece that's missing is........ The part number for the splash guard center section is 68061033AA. I got this from post #9 on this thread.

sstoner911

Reaction score
That is the same exact fender well liner you currently have on your 2022 Ram DRW. The number that you need for the center piece that's missing is........ The part number for the splash guard center section is 68061033AA. I got this from post #9 on this thread.

I asked the service guy about this when i dropped my ram off at the dealer yesterday - he had no interest in following up :rolleyes:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me the first time when I asked my salesman about the missing section. He told the parts guy to order the splash guards and when I walked in to the parts department a few days later, the parts guy had the whole big piece on the counter. If they look up the parts by a 2022 vin number, it’ll show the center section but the system will NOT populate a part number. They have to go back and search for it through a 2021 or earlier model year. Then it will show up with the part number. They ARE available.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I am actually considering spraying some Rust-oleum Bed liner in there and calling it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread