Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I think I averaged 18-20 mpg on the trip back from Louisiana with the diesel, but wasn’t really paying attention to it. That was before the topper was installed.

In Colorado, I had to pay the CO sales tax of 2.9%. The county also has their local sales tax of 2.55%. Since I picked the truck up out of state and drove it back, I didn’t have to pay the county sales tax. If it had been delivered or purchased in state, I would have had to pay it.

I did get nailed with an $1800 registration fee.
$1800 reg fee!!!! Holy smokes

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Lucky you! My (unicorporated county) tax will be 7.75% and that's GOOD in CA. But reg fee should be $865 according to my DMV lookup.

18-20 sounds good for 75mph! I'd take it. I generally cruise at 74 and get 20-21 in my F150 (3.73 ratio) at that speed. Do you have the SO or HO? I guess it doesn't matter at that speed since 6th is 0.63 ratio on both, and 3.73 axle ratio on both.
Wait till your get your insurance quote too. Lol.

I got a hold of Anthony today and he was cool- he said my cell # is on the national no call list and it won’t allow him to respond and he got busy, forgot etc so I’ll keep it on emails next time. We had a long conversation, he’s a good dude…..Lol…My truck should arrive 4/29 to port Allen then sit and wait for a hotshot to MD

damo9966

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while, but since my truck arrived at Mark Dodge today, I thought I'd add some data from my ordering experience.

2500 Laramie CCSB w/ Hemi

Ordered 2/23
D1 3/21
E 3/27
KZ 4/2
KZM 4/7
KZX 4/23

RamTracker initially predicted 6/7 delivery from KZ until KZM where it switched to 4/29 where it still stands.

So exactly 2 months from order to delivery. Other than four weeks to get scheduled, everything went quickly and faster than anticipated. All paperwork and wire transfers taken care of today and picking up on Thursday. Kudos to Mark Dodge crew for an easy and no BS purchase process.

delivery photo 2.jpg

Last edited:

daemonic3

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while, but since my truck arrived at Mark Dodge today, I thought I'd add some data from my ordering experience.

2500 Laramie CCSB w/ Hemi

Ordered 2/23
D1 3/21
E 3/27
KZ 4/2
KZM 4/7
KZX 4/23

RamTracker initially predicted 6/7 delivery from KZ until KZM where it switched to 4/29 where it still stands.

So exactly 2 months from order to delivery. Other than four weeks to get scheduled, everything went quickly and faster than anticipated. All paperwork and wire transfers taken care of today and picking up on Thursday. Kudos to Mark Dodge crew for an easy and no BS purchase process.

View attachment 72143
Wow, congrats!! Even with the long time to get scheduled you still skipped the line in front of me! I love the delmonico, I almost got that but stuck with my boring pearl white out tradition. Love the CCSB with the $95 clearance lamps!

daemonic3

Reaction score
My dealer is giving me updates every time it checks in at a train station, and look at this whack path it has taken from the factory, to get to California... By the way it spent 5 days in that Texas triangle, maybe hopping from train to train, not sure. But logistically if it is taking UP (orange tracks) to California, why didn't it just take a west turn at Eagle Pass?!? Sheesh. Check-ins I circled in green, and drew the blue line to show the order it checked in on the crazy stupid route.

1713917839742.png

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Now if I could only find someone to swap my pearl white hood to their sport pearl white hood. I couldn't justify 4k for night edition....Not the end of the world but the sport hood is cool looking

daemonic3

Reaction score
Man, these trains can really book it when they want to. Checked in a Yuma today, meaning it made it this entire distance in only 24hrs. Hope this gives enough days to get from the railyard (near San Bernardino) to the dealer so I can nab it Apr30.

1713981120147.png

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Man, these trains can really book it when they want to. Checked in a Yuma today, meaning it made it this entire distance in only 24hrs. Hope this gives enough days to get from the railyard (near San Bernardino) to the dealer so I can nab it Apr30.

View attachment 72164
You might want to wait for May discounts. I’d almost bet they will be the same or larger than April

Reaction score

View attachment 72164

Man I came in back here today to see if you had already taken delivery! I can't believe you still don't have your truck. I'm hoping next weekend you will be riding in it.

Reaction score
Wait till your get your insurance quote too. Lol.

I got a hold of Anthony today and he was cool- he said my cell # is on the national no call list and it won’t allow him to respond and he got busy, forgot etc so I’ll keep it on emails next time. We had a long conversation, he’s a good dude…..Lol…My truck should arrive 4/29 to port Allen then sit and wait for a hotshot to MD

Anthony is as straight shot as it gets, I honestly never met a group of guys so honest as the brothers over @ Mark Dodge man. These guys are the definition of BUSINESS. They have earned my business and everyone I can recommend to them for sure. No one like these guys out in the fields.

gun_138

Reaction score
On a happier note, how are y'all liking your new trucks? The old gang of @Jersimon @Gun138 @DuallyContender @KneeDeep ??
I’m loving the truck! Got 1000 miles on it 3 weeks. I added a heavy rubber mat from tractor supply to the bed, and I added a bedrug on the tailgate. Still contemplating on a 4” lift and bigger wheels and tires

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    778.6 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
I’m loving the truck! Got 1000 miles on it 3 weeks. I added a heavy rubber mat from tractor supply to the bed, and I added a bedrug on the tailgate. Still contemplating on a 4” lift and bigger wheels and tires

Beautiful truck! I'm doing the 3.25" Carli on mine and adding 37's that's about it.

Weez

Reaction score

View attachment 72164
Thanks for the detailed train map very informative. Is this a tracker you found or is it coming from your dealer.

daemonic3

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed train map very informative. Is this a tracker you found or is it coming from your dealer.

I slapped a GPS unit on the train in Mexico and have been stalking it. j/k..

Now that it shipped, my dealer has been checking daily (M-F) for changes, and when it changes (checks in at a station) on the internal tracker he gives me the screenshot. I downloaded the BNSF rail map from their website as it shows all the train routes. I drew the waypoints on myself to show the forum, in case anyone else found it interesting or useful.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score

Now that it shipped, my dealer has been checking daily (M-F) for changes, and when it changes (checks in at a station) on the internal tracker he gives me the screenshot. I downloaded the BNSF rail map from their website as it shows all the train routes. I drew the waypoints on myself to show the forum, in case anyone else found it interesting or useful.

I’m impressed Ron’s doing that for you, pretty nice of him.

Weez

Reaction score

Interesting

dave-geri

Reaction score
So I just thought of another question. I have a set of Ram 2500 wheels with TPMS sensors. Will they work on a 3500 that has TPIS? Does TPIS use different sensors? No sensors? Anybody run into this? Or have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread