Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Oh I know, waiting for the Sh*t show on Monday really not looking forward to having the crown for longest time waiting of 2024

Your old locked incentive should apply. It’s at order or at delivery, your choice. Finance manager should pull it up on the incentives screen, your sales guy is probably retarded.

Out of curiousity, what did you get off msrp deal wise in dealer discount?

Jscocco

Reaction score
Your old locked incentive should apply. It’s at order or at delivery, your choice. Finance manager should pull it up on the incentives screen, your sales guy is probably retarded.

Out of curiousity, what did you get off msrp deal wise in dealer discount?
I was in the finance office. He’s the one who told me it’s on $1,000 not the $4,500. And I have affiliates plus the rebate.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I was in the finance office. He’s the one who told me it’s on $1,000 not the $4,500. And I have affiliates plus the rebate.

Mark dodge I think is 4% under msrp with affiliate. So there is $2500 savings. Finance guy is 100% wrong on the rebate . dealer sounds like garbage…cancel it and order elsewhere let them be stuck with the truck, hurts them more than you

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Actually there is a certain time frame where they can't sell vehicles that were ordered in somebodys name, in other words, they can't immediately flip it.

YosemiteSam

Reaction score
I've been happy with Koons so far if you decide to reorder. They were $2k less than Mark Dodge.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I've been happy with Koons so far if you decide to reorder. They were $2k less than Mark Dodge.
This was in February- this is approx I can’t 100% remember

Koons was $900 less than Md. granger was $500 more than mark dodge. Koons was a much less personal experience than Anthony at MD. If I lived by Koons- prob would have used them for ease. What I didn’t like is they force you to let them do you paper work on a cash deal with the motor vehicle dept. that’s asking for tax errors and it won’t allow registration in certain places- I believe they won’t sell to MT or CA…

daemonic3

Reaction score
This was in February- this is approx I can’t 100% remember

Koons was $900 less than Md. granger was $500 more than mark dodge. Koons was a much less personal experience than Anthony at MD. If I lived by Koons- prob would have used them for ease. What I didn’t like is they force you to let them do you paper work on a cash deal with the motor vehicle dept. that’s asking for tax errors and it won’t allow registration in certain places- I believe they won’t sell to MT or CA…
Can confirm, Koons wouldn't sell to CA when I was researching in Feb. I did the same research. Granger (Iowa) and Tuttle (CA) were same deal (invoice-4%) and MD was MSRP-11%, plus another approx 1% for affiliate code. MD ends up about 1% less if you have the code, then the rest of the difference is doc fees (CA dealers are capped at $85, the other states can go higher) and travel/shipping for your location.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Can confirm, Koons wouldn't sell to CA when I was researching in Feb. I did the same research. Granger (Iowa) and Tuttle (CA) were same deal (invoice-4%) and MD was MSRP-11%, plus another approx 1% for affiliate code. MD ends up about 1% less if you have the code, then the rest of the difference is doc fees (CA dealers are capped at $85, the other states can go higher) and travel/shipping for your location.
If you use a CA dealer, they must collect “use tax” unless it’s delivered out of state, even on an out of state purchase. anytime a vehicle is delivered out of state from a CA dealer, they must report this via a form to the Board of Equalization. If you plan to register out of state (MT OR NV AZ etc), it’s best to not get involved with any CA businesses and have the board of equalization send you a bill later…

damo9966

Reaction score
In my invitation for dealers to bid on my order, I had to educate at least half of them on factory order incentive protection. Below is my canned response after they claimed otherwise.. In every case, they changed their tune immediately. You might want to try this.

In the case of a MSRP drop, refuse the vehicle and then buy it off the lot at the re-stickered price. You'd lose incentives at order time, but the MSRP drop will make up the difference. I checked on a floorplan vehicle I considered several months ago, before the MSRP reduction. It has been re-stickered around 8% lower and is still for sale. Then grab current incentives and affiliate pricing an any additional discount you can negotiate. Remind them that a vehicle is a commodity, available from numerous vendors and that an unemotional buyer recognizes that price is the only way to earn your business. Of course, you have to mean it when you say it.

Thank you for pulling this together. Since I’ve received conflicting information on factory order incentive protection, I spoke with the Stellantis US Incentives Assistance Center where they confirmed that the current 10% rebate under program 39CP7 is eligible for the Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection program. To assist, they created a case number 890 017 08 under my name that you can reference by calling them @ 800-227-0757 and selecting dealer option.

I invite you to requote the referenced factory order vehicle specification as you see fit. I will understand if your business decision is to not requote, but thought it may help you be drive future business by taking advantage of additional options for your potential customers.

I found the below at 5th Gen Rams Forum

incentive protection.png

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
In my invitation for dealers to bid on my order, I had to educate at least half of them on factory order incentive protection. Below is my canned response after they claimed otherwise.. In every case, they changed their tune immediately. You might want to try this.

In the case of a MSRP drop, refuse the vehicle and then buy it off the lot at the re-stickered price. You'd lose incentives at order time, but the MSRP drop will make up the difference. I checked on a floorplan vehicle I considered several months ago, before the MSRP reduction. It has been re-stickered around 8% lower and is still for sale. Then grab current incentives and affiliate pricing an any additional discount you can negotiate. Remind them that a vehicle is a commodity, available from numerous vendors and that an unemotional buyer recognizes that price is the only way to earn your business. Of course, you have to mean it when you say it.

Thank you for pulling this together. Since I’ve received conflicting information on factory order incentive protection, I spoke with the Stellantis US Incentives Assistance Center where they confirmed that the current 10% rebate under program 39CP7 is eligible for the Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection program. To assist, they created a case number 890 017 08 under my name that you can reference by calling them @ 800-227-0757 and selecting dealer option.

I invite you to requote the referenced factory order vehicle specification as you see fit. I will understand if your business decision is to not requote, but thought it may help you be drive future business by taking advantage of additional options for your potential customers.

I found the below at 5th Gen Rams Forum

View attachment 72287
That is an excellent document. When looking at different colors, just shooting the shat with sales people, almost all said we can’t order trucks, don’t know or something completely wrong.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
That is an excellent document. When looking at different colors, just shooting the shat with sales people, almost all said we can’t order trucks, don’t know or something completely wrong.

they probably have been told to push their on lot inventory...two years ago, with no inventory, sold orders of course made sense. dealers probably aren't too keen on ordering a truck when they have 30 on the lot. granted my initial response would be to ask for your build and see if we could locate you one before flat out saying "no can do"...

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
they probably have been told to push their on lot inventory...two years ago, with no inventory, sold orders of course made sense. dealers probably aren't too keen on ordering a truck when they have 30 on the lot. granted my initial response would be to ask for your build and see if we could locate you one before flat out saying "no can do"...
A truck sold today is better than a maybe in 45-60 days.

eljeffy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Figured I'd start a '24 order tracking thread, as I know there's a few of us out there. We can start something more formal if there's interest, but this is a start.

Here's some info about checking the status of your order from ODS's 2023 Thread:

Where can I get updates on my order status?
Your best option is the new Ram Vehicle Order Tracker.

You may also contact your dealer or Ram Chat.

Sorry, Canadians, your only option is your dealer.

Does ODS have a special source for order status?
No. I'm just Joe Shmoe.

Should I also sign up for Cryptostickers?
You might as well. They have a process to email you as soon as they see your equipment listing or window sticker become available.

Submit your info at https://cryptostickers.net/

What do the status codes mean?
Check the Build Status Codes thread for more info.
99357 was your price paid before ttl?

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
99357 was your price paid before ttl?
That's the Factory Wholesale price. Mine was the MSRP of 105k. Mine was an MSRP swap under state lemon law though and so I just had to cover the difference between the MSRP of my '22 2500 limited (plus a negotiated cost of aftermarket add-ons) and that of the '24 3500. Because it's an exchange essentially, the deal is made with direct with manufacturer and there's no opportunity to negotiate price like you might with a dealer; it's a take it or take it to court thing. Coming out of covid msrp swaps were few and far between and so I was very happy with the deal. Of course a short time after the vehicle was delivered RAM dropped their MSRPs and that was bit of a bummer.

Jscocco

Reaction score
Still at rail yard so no dice on delivery tomorrow (day 76). Now shooting for Thursday (day 78)!

What's the update on the @Jscocco saga?
The Saga is over !! Can’t thank everyone enough on this forum ! The absolute roller coaster of this entire process has finally come to an end. Thanks to you all. Stood My ground at the dealer and was able to get the rebate applied as well as the TDM along with a dealer discount. All said and done about a $3,000 difference from what Anthony at Mark quoted me (after shipping). Anthony I Truly appreciate the help. Next order I’m going through you. I wasn’t even your customer and you were more responsive than my own dealer. The Money difference at the end didn’t justify the wait all over again. If my dealer didn’t work with me that would be a different story. It’s amazing how a group of strangers can come together for a common goal. I’m complete awe of the truck compared to my 21 Silverado.

Attachments

• IMG_6383.jpeg
    IMG_6383.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 18

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That's the Factory Wholesale price. Mine was the MSRP of 105k. Mine was an MSRP swap under state lemon law though and so I just had to cover the difference between the MSRP of my '22 2500 limited (plus a negotiated cost of aftermarket add-ons) and that of the '24 3500. Because it's an exchange essentially, the deal is made with direct with manufacturer and there's no opportunity to negotiate price like you might with a dealer; it's a take it or take it to court thing. Coming out of covid msrp swaps were few and far between and so I was very happy with the deal. Of course a short time after the vehicle was delivered RAM dropped their MSRPs and that was bit of a bummer.

What was your lemon issue?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
The Saga is over !! Can’t thank everyone enough on this forum ! The absolute roller coaster of this entire process has finally come to an end. Thanks to you all. Stood My ground at the dealer and was able to get the rebate applied as well as the TDM along with a dealer discount. All said and done about a $3,000 difference from what Anthony at Mark quoted me (after shipping). Anthony I Truly appreciate the help. Next order I’m going through you. I wasn’t even your customer and you were more responsive than my own dealer. The Money difference at the end didn’t justify the wait all over again. If my dealer didn’t work with me that would be a different story. It’s amazing how a group of strangers can come together for a common goal. I’m complete awe of the truck compared to my 21 Silverado.

I told you that you would get the rebate. The dealer is there to break you down and cave. Thankfully you listened to us. So glad it worked out and you saved money. Yes Anthony is a good dude, he’s always helpful. He’s one of the few sales guys that don’t worry about spending a few minutes helping you since down the road it means leads and relationships. That’s the difference between a good sales guy and a bad one. A+

So did you figure out what the damage was?

Users who are viewing this thread