Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

daemonic3

Reaction score
That's an absolute horrible timeline! (not the 3 week part) :eek: But, thanks for the heads up!
Ha, not if you ask those other guys! That whole group averaged about 40 days total I think. I'm at day 65 and counting. I hope you follow in their footsteps!

Reaction score
Ha, not if you ask those other guys! That whole group averaged about 40 days total I think. I'm at day 65 and counting. I hope you follow in their footsteps!

I can’t believe you haven’t gotten called yet, you have to be due any day for sure. I was definitely one of the lucky guys definitely.

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
Is there a way to figure out average shipping times? Mine has a shipping date of 4/19 with an ETA of 6/10. Granted Alaska is certainly not close, but 8 weeks seems excessive.
You're in an interesting scenario. Makes me wonder if hits the port of Los Angeles and then a boat ride to Alaska. If it rides the train the whole way it will go through customs three times. Once when it enters the US from Mexico. Customs again in Canada when it switches to Canadian Railroad CN and then US Customs again when it re-enters the US in Alaska.

daemonic3

Reaction score
You're in an interesting scenario. Makes me wonder if hits the port of Los Angeles and then a boat ride to Alaska. If it rides the train the whole way it will go through customs three times. Once when it enters the US from Mexico. Customs again in Canada when it switches to Canadian Railroad CN and then US Customs again when it re-enters the US in Alaska.
I wondered that same thing! He's got a real NAFTA truck on the way there...

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I hit up Anthony the other day to ask for an update, no answer. 2nd time I didn't hear back. While I do like Mark Dodge and Anthony, once the order was placed his responses are a bit slower than when I placed the order. I guess thats sales or just being busy but in my real estate business, I usually don't make that same mistake twice, lol...

Last edited:

daemonic3

Reaction score
I hit up Anthony the other day to ask for an update, no answer. 2nd time I didn't hear back. While I do like Mark Dodge and Anthony, once the order was placed his responses are not as good a when I placed the order. I guess thats sales or just being busy but in my real estate business, I usually don't make that same mistake twice, lol...
That's strange. My guy (who you have bashed at every opportunity) has always given an update when I asked, and now that it has shipped he sends me screenshots of his screen showing what station or location it has last checked in at, whenever it changes (without me asking anymore). Between him and brv getting me through the tough times, I had my curiosity satiated even if it was bad news 80% of the time. He's also been as transparent as Anthony has in pm's as far as pricing and what to expect, since they have very similar methods. I'm looking forward to meeting him at delivery, as our phone chats have always been friendly and open/honest.

I'm sure Anthony's very busy and its nothing personal, or there is just no status update to be shared. Or, you've just burned your last bridge with the only honest dealer (according to you) left in the country :eek:

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That's strange. My guy (who you have bashed at every opportunity) has always given an update when I asked, and now that it has shipped he sends me screenshots of his screen showing what station or location it has last checked in at, whenever it changes (without me asking anymore). Between him and brv getting me through the tough times, I had my curiosity satiated even if it was bad news 80% of the time. He's also been as transparent as Anthony has in pm's as far as pricing and what to expect, since they have very similar methods. I'm looking forward to meeting him at delivery, as our phone chats have always been friendly and open/honest.

I'm sure Anthony's very busy and it’s nothing personal, or there is just no status update to be shared. Or, you've just burned your last bridge with the only honest dealer (according to you) left in the country :eek:
Didn’t burn anything I’ve sent nuff his way….glad you like him and your experience has been good….Rob was super arrogant when I spoke on multiple occasions during Covid days and his prices are higher…but to each their own….:p

daemonic3

Reaction score
Didn’t burn anything I’ve sent nuff his way….glad you like him and your experience has been good….Rob was super arrogant when I spoke on multiple occasions during Covid days and his prices are higher…but to each their own….:p
We've been through this already in another thread. We value time differently, apparently. If you ship to California, the shipping is more than the few hundred dollar difference, so Tuttle deal is better. If you drive back, well, I value my time too much to spend 3-4 days picking up my truck than 1 day, so to me, Tuttle deal is better. I'm also really looking forward to the drive as I get to catch up with an old friend who manages a Trek store in Santa Clarita, and I'm picking up 2 new ebikes at near cost. Its just another reason pushing out my delivery date sucks because we missed a previous weekend's camping trip, and now this upcoming weekend's camping trip with no ebikes. <rant>I want my new Ram and ebikes!</rant>

Weez

Reaction score
My experience with Anthony at Mark Dodge has been great. When ever I request a status update or have a question he gets back to me within the hour. Couldn’t ask for more so far. Now I just wish they would hurry up in Mexico and put my truck on the train.

RedRover

Reaction score
Build sheet available as of this morning, so mine is inching along. Still realistically hoping to have my truck in June. Current estimated delivery shows July 1

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
The issue with RAM is no longer building trucks in a reasonable amount of time. They pumped mine out in 22 days. It's getting the truck from Mexico to the US is the issue. It's 45-60 days to get your truck out of Mexico and to the dealership. I could walk to Mexico and pick up my truck in that amount of time.

Jersimon

Reaction score
On a happier note, how are y'all liking your new trucks? The old gang of @Jersimon @Gun138 @DuallyContender @KneeDeep ??

Loving ours thus far, but only 2000 miles on it. Drove back to western CO after picking it up at MD and it loves to cruise at 75mph. I think the only thing I’d change is swap the painted bumper for chrome…already have a few rock chips and they really stand out with the white paint.

Can’t recommend MD enough….super easy purchase, great pricing, and easy pick up. I also save $2500 in county sales tax by flying into Lake Charles and driving it back.

I’m surprised some of you are still waiting! I’m definitely one of the lucky ones as far as delivery times.

Attachments

• IMG_4408.jpeg
    IMG_4408.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 12

daemonic3

Reaction score
Loving ours thus far, but only 2000 miles on it. Drove back to western CO after picking it up at MD and it loves to cruise at 75mph. I think the only thing I’d change is swap the painted bumper for chrome…already have a few rock chips and they really stand out with the white paint.

Can’t recommend MD enough….super easy purchase, great pricing, and easy pick up. I also save $2500 in county sales tax by flying into Lake Charles and driving it back.

I’m surprised some of you are still waiting! I’m definitely one of the lucky ones as far as delivery times.
Bummer about the rocks!! How was your MPG at 75mph and which engine? And was that BC (before cap)? I had a Snugtop on a previous F150 and I actually LOST about 1MPG with it on there - I thought it would make aero better but apparently NOT!

Can you explain the tax thing? Maybe CO has different rules... In CA, you pay your home address tax when registering it at the DMV. Either in full, or the remainder (if the dealer collected some) if it was an out of state purchase. So no matter what, you pay based on home address regardless of dealership.

Jersimon

Reaction score
Bummer about the rocks!! How was your MPG at 75mph and which engine? And was that BC (before cap)? I had a Snugtop on a previous F150 and I actually LOST about 1MPG with it on there - I thought it would make aero better but apparently NOT!

Can you explain the tax thing? Maybe CO has different rules... In CA, you pay your home address tax when registering it at the DMV. Either in full, or the remainder (if the dealer collected some) if it was an out of state purchase. So no matter what, you pay based on home address regardless of dealership.

I think I averaged 18-20 mpg on the trip back from Louisiana with the diesel, but wasn’t really paying attention to it. That was before the topper was installed.

In Colorado, I had to pay the CO sales tax of 2.9%. The county also has their local sales tax of 2.55%. Since I picked the truck up out of state and drove it back, I didn’t have to pay the county sales tax. If it had been delivered or purchased in state, I would have had to pay it.

I did get nailed with an $1800 registration fee.

daemonic3

Reaction score
I think I averaged 18-20 mpg on the trip back from Louisiana with the diesel, but wasn’t really paying attention to it. That was before the topper was installed.

In Colorado, I had to pay the CO sales tax of 2.9%. The county also has their local sales tax of 2.55%. Since I picked the truck up out of state and drove it back, I didn’t have to pay the county sales tax. If it had been delivered or purchased in state, I would have had to pay it.

I did get nailed with an $1800 registration fee.

Lucky you! My (unicorporated county) tax will be 7.75% and that's GOOD in CA. But reg fee should be $865 according to my DMV lookup.

18-20 sounds good for 75mph! I'd take it. I generally cruise at 74 and get 20-21 in my F150 (3.73 ratio) at that speed. Do you have the SO or HO? I guess it doesn't matter at that speed since 6th is 0.63 ratio on both, and 3.73 axle ratio on both.

Users who are viewing this thread