Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Tell me about it, mine has been sitting at Port Allen waiting for a truck to take it the last 2 hours to Mark Dodge since 10/2. Sooo close and yet...

VIN is 3C63R3SL5RG150083 if your crystal ball is any better than the dealer's at figuring out why that's taking so long. :)
You are still at Port Allen waiting!

tmfham

Reaction score
You’ve given me a little bit of hope! Ordered a Laramie 3500 Cab Chassis on 9/18. It was confirmed on 9/19. The UAW strike worries me that it will take a loooong time to be built. Being that I ordered it from a small town dealership (closest “big” city is 120 miles away) concerns me too. Finger crossed I get a build date soon.

Remichex, I am in the same situation. I live 120 miles from the nearest “small” city with a metro population of 450k. The nearest “big” city of a million or more is over 250 miles.

Being a retired engineer I had to analyze the process flow based on the data in this thread. I did not include any data for orders that were made before 2024 production started on 7/10. That only left 5 orders that provided all the dates. If I add my order that makes 6.

The time to go from confirmed to scheduled is 21 days +/- 14. This variability makes sense because it is an indication of how full the production queue is along with parts availability. Once the truck is scheduled I would assume that a spot in the production line some time in the future is assigned. To keep from disrupting production I would assume that all parts are expected to be available before the truck requires them in the production line.

Once scheduled it typically takes 18 days +/- 3 to go into production. My truck took only 13 days demonstrating that 6 my not be enough data points.

I typically takes 3 days +/- 1 day to build the truck.

This is the point at which huge variability starts. I assume that there is a person or group that is scheduling truck on ships and rail road cars to specific locations. That entity is concerned with filling that train / boat so trucks are shipped to locations in batches. At this point I only have 4 data points because from what I know neither Chuck Vig’s truck nor my truck have not shipped yet. The process is currently taking 10 days +/- 4.

Once the truck has shipped how it needs to be shipped along with any customs clearances come into play. Also for those of us that are buying from small dealers the wait could be longer. As with the rail / boat scheduler I assume that there is a scheduler that is trying to fill a car mover from the regional distribution center to the dealer. At this point my analysis is down to 3. That currently that process flow is 19 days +/- 4 days.

Since not everyone has provided all their dates I look at how long it took from confirmed to delivered. For 2024 data with orders that were made after production started on 7/10 that only gave me 4 data points. That process flow was 74 days +/- 19.

My variability only accounts for about 70%, to account for 95% one would need to double that amount.

I also performed an analysis on the 2023 order tracking spreadsheet. For orders placed after 1/1/2023 including mine the numbers are as follows:
81 data points
Confirmed to scheduled: 25. +/- 18
Scheduled to production: 14 +/- 6
Production to built: 4 +/- 5
Built to ship. 36 +/- 37

I hope the my analysis was not a waste of the forums time. Also I need to state that I am only speculating because I do not have any relationship with Ram. Personally having the dada has kept me from bugging my sales person every few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Remichex, I am in the same situation. I live 120 miles from the nearest “small” city with a metro population of 450k. The nearest “big” city of a million or more is over 250 miles.

Being a retired engineer I had to analyze the process flow based on the data in this thread. I did not include any data for orders that were made before 2024 production started on 7/10. That only left 5 orders that provided all the dates. If I add my order that makes 6.

The time to go from confirmed to scheduled is 21 days +/- 14. This variability makes sense because it is an indication of how full the production queue is along with parts availability. Once the truck is scheduled I would assume that a spot in the production line some time in the future is assigned. To keep from disrupting production I would assume that all parts are expected to be available before the truck requires them in the production line.

Once scheduled it typically takes 18 days +/- 3 to go into production. My truck took only 13 days demonstrating that 6 my not be enough data points.

I typically takes 3 days +/- 1 day to build the truck.

This is the point at which huge variability starts. I assume that there is a person or group that is scheduling truck on ships and rail road cars to specific locations. That entity is concerned with filling that train / boat so trucks are shipped to locations in batches. At this point I only have 4 data points because from what I know neither Chuck Vig’s truck nor my truck have not shipped yet. The process is currently taking 10 days +/- 4.

Once the truck has shipped how it needs to be shipped along with any customs clearances come into play. Also for those of us that are buying from small dealers the wait could be longer. As with the rail / boat scheduler I assume that there is a scheduler that is trying to fill a car mover from the regional distribution center to the dealer. At this point my analysis is down to 3. That currently that process flow is 19 days +/- 4 days.

Since not everyone has provided all their dates I look at how long it took from confirmed to delivered. For 2024 data with orders that were made after production started on 7/10 that only gave me 4 data points. That process flow was 74 days +/- 19.

My variability only accounts for about 70%, to account for 95% one would need to double that amount.

I also performed an analysis on the 2023 order tracking spreadsheet. For orders placed after 1/1/2023 including mine the numbers are as follows:
81 data points
Confirmed to scheduled: 25. +/- 18
Scheduled to production: 14 +/- 6
Production to built: 4 +/- 5
Built to ship. 36 +/- 37

I hope the my analysis was not a waste of the forums time. Also I need to state that I am only speculating because I do not have any relationship with Ram. Personally having the dada has kept me from bugging my sales person every few days.

You probably jinxed yourself getting all that data!

tmfham

Reaction score

I may have, if I was superstitious I would not have ordered the truck on Wednesday September 13 or would have been upset the it was finished on Friday October 13th. ;)

Grey

Reaction score
My order is moving along, should be soon

Attachments

• blob.jpg
    blob.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 54

remichex

Reaction score
You brought me good luck with your data analysis! Read your post then went straight to “Track My Ram” and it was scheduled today on the site.

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 37

tmfham

Reaction score

SpeyRam

Reaction score
SpeyRam, the folks at Enumclaw Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram are great. I lived in Enumclaw in the mid to late 1980s before Boeing transferred me from Renton to Everett.

Yeah agreed - the Enumclaw dealership is top-notch. Very good experience with their support department and sales personnel. Very chill and down to earth.

Tim_G

Reaction score
So I'm in production now! I cant get the picture of my tracker to upload, so here are my dates:

2024 Ram Rebel
Ordered 22 Aug 2023
Confirmed 23 Aug 2023
Scheduled 26 Sep 2023
In Production 17 Oct 2023
Estimated Delivery 8 Jan 2024

Interested to see how close to the estimated delivery the actual delivery will be!

tmfham

Reaction score

Brv10, I do not know if I jinxed it or scared it onto the train. Ram’s website shows that it shipped yesterday. At the same time estimated delivery changed from 12/26 to 12/6. The 2023 order tracking spreadsheet has not updated yet to show that it has shipped yet so I do not know if the status us still KZ.

Mykwong

Reaction score
Shipped! Looks like an early Christmas present!

Update 11/08/2023 - It's here! Now have to schedule a road trip to Boise.

2024 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab Delmonico Red
08/15/2023 Order confirmed
09/19/2024 Scheduled
10/07/2023 In Production
10/12/2023 Built
10/17/2023 Shipped
11/01/2023 Arrived Salt Lake City
11/08/2023 Delivered to Peterson Ram in Boise, Idaho.

Last edited:

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 4.18.11 PM.png
I think I check this page out 10 times a day, lol! It moved up to "in production" the other day and I almost didn't even notice ;)

How real are the estimated delivery dates?

Last edited:

sandemonium

Reaction score
Seems like some of your trucks are moving faster than others. Can’t wait to see mine

ordered - August 26th
scheduled - September 26th
in production - October 14th
built - October 16th
shipped - TBD

Hopefully the middle of next month it will be at Mark Dodge…… Probably wishful thinking

SRoensch

Reaction score
Mine seems to be going through the process fairly easily. Says the estimated delivery is 11/8. Anybody with more experience than myself ordering vehicles have any insight as to how accurate that date is? Thanks.

1697734165086.png

Users who are viewing this thread