Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pr3dict

Reaction score
Flagstaff 529IKRL
Ah well thats why... It doesnt have an engine in it! The three amber lights in the middle are only required for vehicles that are self powered.

Additional Lamps Required on All Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles (MPV), Trucks, and Buses, 2032 MM or More in Overall Width
Clearance lamps2 AmberOn the front to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or width of cab on truck tractor, at the same height, symmetrically about the vertical centerline
May be located at a location other than the front if necessary to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or for protection from damage during normal operation of the vehicle.
As near the top as practicableSteady burning.
2 Red
(not required on truck tractor)
On the rear to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, at the same height, symmetrically about the vertical centerline
May be located at a location other than the rear if necessary to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or for protection from damage during normal operation of the vehicle.
As near the top as practicable, except where the rear identification lamps are mounted at the extreme height of the vehicle.
Practicability of locating lamps on the vehicle header is presumed when the header extends at least 25 mm (1 inch) above the rear doors.
Steady burning.
Identification lamps3 AmberOn the front, at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apartAs near the top of the vehicle or top of the cab as practicableSteady burning.
3 Red (not required on truck tractor)On the rear, at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apartAs near the top as practicable
Practicability of locating lamps on the vehicle header is presumed when the header extends at least 25 mm (1 inch) above the rear doors.
Steady burning.

wjburnell

Reaction score
Ah well thats why... It doesnt have an engine in it! The three amber lights in the middle are only required for vehicles that are self powered.

Additional Lamps Required on All Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles (MPV), Trucks, and Buses, 2032 MM or More in Overall Width
Clearance lamps2 AmberOn the front to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or width of cab on truck tractor, at the same height, symmetrically about the vertical centerline
May be located at a location other than the front if necessary to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or for protection from damage during normal operation of the vehicle.
As near the top as practicableSteady burning.
2 Red
(not required on truck tractor)
On the rear to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, at the same height, symmetrically about the vertical centerline
May be located at a location other than the rear if necessary to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, or for protection from damage during normal operation of the vehicle.
As near the top as practicable, except where the rear identification lamps are mounted at the extreme height of the vehicle.
Steady burning.
Identification lamps3 AmberOn the front, at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apartAs near the top of the vehicle or top of the cab as practicableSteady burning.
3 Red (not required on truck tractor)On the rear, at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apartAs near the top as practicable
Steady burning.
I appreciate the education! Like I said, something new every day! Thanks!

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
A Roth IRA is funded after taxes. There are no taxes on earnings or withdrawals. A lot of people don't realize you can withdraw the principle anytime at any age without penalty or taxes which makes a roth great for an emergency fund. For what I am suggesting, this is probably more for us older guys. You can't withdraw the earnings without penalty until 5 years and age 59 1/2 or 50 if your a police/firefighter. There is also an income limit to fund one, but if your above that limit, your probably not too worried about an unexpected repair cost hit hurting your monthly budget. Note I am not a financial advisor, so do your own research in case I am wrong on something.
Yes I fall under that as well.... I was federal law enforcement and with Drew my tsp already (kind of like 401k), but wasn't sure on the roth....thanks for clarifying that.

jsalbre

Reaction score
And... it isn't a normal distribution. Silly of me to assume that it was. Happily, Google Sheets has a "Histogram" chart type which makes this easy.

The chart below provides a more accurate visualization. It plots the number of days spent in a state against the number of orders which were in that state for that many days. To keep the chart legible I used a bucket size of five days. For example, that first yellow bar represents all the orders that spent 0-5 days in state E (roughly 75).

View attachment 53114
You’ve also got an additional factor skewing your data: all those of us that ordered 2 months before production started.

44Dan44

Reaction score
What exactly am I looking at? I don't understand at all.
It is a chart breaking down how long ordered trucks have been in each status.
1678477380703 3.jpeg

1678477380703 4.jpeg

From this you can see that:
approx 3 other people (orders) stayed in C status the same amount of time (days 87) as me.
approx 12 other people(orders) stayed in D status the same amount of time (days 9) as me.
approx 32 other people(orders) stayed in E status the same amount of time (days 2) as me.
I am in KZ status now and it could be anywhere from 5 days to to 60 days based on the chart, since the tallest green (most common days with the most orders) on the chart is 5 days I am hoping for that. To be determined.

Its all just data to pass the time, when you finally get your truck (whenever that is) you can tell people in 2024 to relax, settle in, it will be a while, mine took xxx days to arrive last year.

Last edited:

Turin

Reaction score
You’ve also got an additional factor skewing your data: all those of us that ordered 2 months before production started.
Ah, well... I'm not sure I can correct for that.

What exactly am I looking at? I don't understand at all.
It's a chart showing how many orders (vertical axis) spent a given number of days (horizontal axis) in a given state (colored bars). The intent is to illustrate how likely an order is to spend N days in a particular state. The taller the bar, the more orders which spent a similar amount of time in that state. I say "similar" because the chart uses a "bucket size" of 5, grouping "# days in state" by multiples of five days and counting them together. For example, these bars represent the orders that spent 20-25 days in a state:
1678630787445.png

So... what doesn't that mean for you, @rodeoridertaz, as someone with a recent order? Here's what I take from the chart:

1678632266865.png

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure there’s much you could do unless you just removed the early orders. Damn real world skewing a nice set of stats!

dmhines

Reaction score
My 2500 is a low volume color .. that will skew your chart as well ...

Turin

Reaction score
My 2500 is a low volume color .. that will skew your chart as well ...
I think that would only skew the time in C which is all over the place anyways. I assume most of the longer KZ times are due to the diesel recall. It would be interesting to see if there are any correlations between build configurations and D1 times but I don't have enough knowledge of statistics to do that.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score

It's a chart showing how many orders (vertical axis) spent a given number of days (horizontal axis) in a given state (colored bars). The intent is to illustrate how likely an order is to spend N days in a particular state. The taller the bar, the more orders which spent a similar amount of time in that state. I say "similar" because the chart uses a "bucket size" of 5, grouping "# days in state" by multiples of five days and counting them together. For example, these bars represent the orders that spent 20-25 days in a state:
View attachment 53199

So... what doesn't that mean for you, @rodeoridertaz, as someone with a recent order? Here's what I take from the chart:

View attachment 53200
SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT 151 DAYS IS ESTIMATED TO BE THE LONGEST TIME IN THE ORDER PROCESS?

dmhines

Reaction score
I think that would only skew the time in C which is all over the place anyways. I assume most of the longer KZ times are due to the diesel recall. It would be interesting to see if there are any correlations between build configurations and D1 times but I don't have enough knowledge of statistics to do that.
Correct. Time in C only. I ordered a national safety yellow Tradesman. I’m on the spreadsheet.

dmhines

Reaction score
I WANTED THE hYDRO bLUE (BUT THEY SAID THAT WAS DISCONTINUED), SO I ORDERED THE nEW hOLLAND bLUE (ALSO A LOW VOLUME COLOR).
National safety yellow. I was told the first batch of 2022’s in that color were built in May 2022 so hopefully 2023 is the same.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
National safety yellow. I was told the first batch of 2022’s in that color were built in May 2022 so hopefully 2023 is the same.
I THOUGHT MOST OF THE NEW MODELS CAME OUT RIGHT AROUND OR AFTER oCTOBER TIME LIKE NEW pHYSCAL YEAR STARTS oCTOBER 1ST.

dmhines

Reaction score
I THOUGHT MOST OF THE NEW MODELS CAME OUT RIGHT AROUND OR AFTER oCTOBER TIME LIKE NEW pHYSCAL YEAR STARTS oCTOBER 1ST.
Low volume colors are built when they have sufficient orders of same color to send through paint shop. Supposedly 10.

Users who are viewing this thread