Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Pitboss44

Reaction score
I think it's that way in another trim or older model, this just has integrated honeycomb that you'd have to cut.
Yeah the insert where the fog lights would be pops out but the tow hook spot probably would have to be cut. A dremel would make short work of it.

truckin-on

Reaction score
Just curious - the variability of time for vehicles "in production" puzzles me. Production lines are serial AFAIK, and I wonder where/how one vehicle in front of another could be "parked" for a period of time before it gets to the end. Admittedly, there is much I don't understand about modern production lines, but it seems counterintuitive to think that there are areas during the build where a vehicle could be pushed off to the side for a while. I can imagine a truck waiting after the end of the line for something before shipping I suppose, so is that what happens?

engweld22

Reaction score
Are 3rd party vendors considered in the production or built phase? Also the inspection before the built phase could turn up issues causing delays for some trucks until its either rebuilt or repaired.

Turin

Reaction score
Just curious - the variability of time for vehicles "in production" puzzles me. Production lines are serial AFAIK, and I wonder where/how one vehicle in front of another could be "parked" for a period of time before it gets to the end. Admittedly, there is much I don't understand about modern production lines, but it seems counterintuitive to think that there are areas during the build where a vehicle could be pushed off to the side for a while. I can imagine a truck waiting after the end of the line for something before shipping I suppose, so is that what happens?
The information available via order tracking doesn't expose anything between "In Production" (E) and "Vehicle Built" (KZ). In particular, it doesn't expose the J* status codes where a truck is shipped to a body vendor to add spray-in bed-liner, steps, etc.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Freaking tow hooks is right!!!
So I think its fair to assume that this particular lower grille without the openings is fairly rare in the parts bins (and may have caused me a delay in C status) since many other options cause tow hooks to be included, I forgot to click the $100 tow hook option because a different option gave me the skid plate so I just assumed. I have the new lower grille piece and tow hooks and hardware in hand for when my truck comes in.

View attachment 53257
I was thinking about a brush guard myself...... would that fall under same catagory?

truckin-on

Reaction score
The information available via order tracking doesn't expose anything between "In Production" (E) and "Vehicle Built" (KZ). In particular, it doesn't expose the J* status codes where a truck is shipped to a body vendor to add spray-in bed-liner, steps, etc.
Yes - makes perfect sense...

Perhaps (probably) I missed it in the last 96 pages of this thread, but Is there any way to determine the interim status codes, or do I have to ask the dealer to look that up? I thought it might be revealed in the https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostz/cots/order-status/VON/NAME response text, but I'm not seeing anything obvious there. Tried RAMChat and the person at the other end couldn't tell me anything more than the order tracker.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Oh heck no! I did everything possible to avoid chrome, carpet, and cloth.
i actually like the chrome (maybe its because i rode Harleys for a decade).... but that's just my preference instead of colored (sport) bumpers.

BWILL67x

Reaction score
Just got an update from the dealer that mine is "In transit-Delayed". It's been KZLD status since 2/14 but no updates on the Ram Tracker since then.

@brv10 - any insight what this might mean? VON: 57158462 , VIN: 3C63R3ML5PG509734

tanger57

Reaction score
wheel well liners are included on all trucks they are not the full liners that go around the entire inside of the rear wheel well like on the 2020, they go up about a foot and a half on the inside front and inside rear of the rear wheel well
What is the deal with that. I have a 21 DRW and your right the top and back are not covered. All the crap can get underneath the liner and you can't clean it. I've seen were you can order the back piece for $42 each side but not all of it. Has anyone found out why?

ranchhopper

Reaction score
I cut the grille mesh with just using a hacksaw blade to put in my tow hooks I cut just enough to fit the hooks in. I think it looks better than the factory tow hook bezels because the mesh I left still intact fills it in better.

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 26

dmhines

Reaction score
Oh heck no! I did everything possible to avoid chrome, carpet, and cloth.

Same here ... I would have liked to get a sliding rear window .. but had to get level 2 Tradesman for that. I specifically wanted VINYL seats and VINYL FLOORING - which is LEVEL 1 only. You can do Carpet Delete on LEVEL 2 .. but would still have cloth seats. I wonder if Sliding rear window could have been added stand-alone like the 7" cluster was .. I think it was a stand-alone option previously. - I know there is a Sales Code for it - oh well .. too late now.

I did max out my options though ... :)

Options:

LNC Clearance Lamps 95
JKV 115V Auxiliary Front Power Outlet 255
JAL Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display 75
GT3 Mirror Pwr Heat Fold Telescop Chrome 225
XHC Trailer Brake Control 395
BAJ 220 Amp Alternator 145
XAW Rear Backup Alarm 145
XAN Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection 695
ANT Bed Utility Group 845
UBQ Uconnect 5 Nav w 12.0" Display (USA) 2,835
ADC Convenience Group 455
ACE Power Wagon Package 7,995
LPD Ctr Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera 345

I already have the Key FOBS to program for REMOTE START and remote TAILGATE OPEN. I've also purchased Power Wagon OEM rock Rails + a Rear Load Floor to install under rear bench + Rear Floor Storage BOxes to add to truck after delivery.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Just got an update from the dealer that mine is "In transit-Delayed". It's been KZLD status since 2/14 but no updates on the Ram Tracker since then.

@brv10 - any insight what this might mean? VON: 57158462 , VIN: 3C63R3ML5PG509734
Yep, KZLD, waiting for a train.

the5thsoth

Reaction score
It is pretty wild to see three separate sources for vehicle tracking saying three different things. Between the ram tracker which everyone knows is pretty crummy, my dealer who sends me snapshots that seem out of date, and brv10 who provides the most positive outlook it seems my truck should be arriving quite a bit earlier than my initial mid April date!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Well, there is Bayview yard still, it is not one of the quickest

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Are 3rd party vendors considered in the production or built phase? Also the inspection before the built phase could turn up issues causing delays for some trucks until its either rebuilt or repaired.
Unfortunately no. My truck went in to production on 1/30, and then was built on 2/8. The tracker shows I am waiting to be shipped and KZ, but in reality I am JB (outside vendors) and have been now for 34 days and counting. I may end up breaking my 59 day JB status record on my ‘22 of 59 days, but I sure hope not.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I cut the grille mesh with just using a hacksaw blade to put in my tow hooks I cut just enough to fit the hooks in. I think it looks better than the factory tow hook bezels because the mesh I left still intact fills it in better.
Like it! I've already got the correct lower grille in the parts pile but now you got me thinking. Would love a close up pic if you get an opportunity.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Same here ... I would have liked to get a sliding rear window .. but had to get level 2 Tradesman for that. I specifically wanted VINYL seats and VINYL FLOORING - which is LEVEL 1 only. You can do Carpet Delete on LEVEL 2 .. but would still have cloth seats. I wonder if Sliding rear window could have been added stand-alone like the 7" cluster was .. I think it was a stand-alone option previously. - I know there is a Sales Code for it - oh well .. too late now.

I did max out my options though ... :)

Options:

LNC Clearance Lamps 95
JKV 115V Auxiliary Front Power Outlet 255
JAL Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display 75
GT3 Mirror Pwr Heat Fold Telescop Chrome 225
XHC Trailer Brake Control 395
BAJ 220 Amp Alternator 145
XAW Rear Backup Alarm 145
XAN Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection 695
ANT Bed Utility Group 845
UBQ Uconnect 5 Nav w 12.0" Display (USA) 2,835
ADC Convenience Group 455
ACE Power Wagon Package 7,995
LPD Ctr Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera 345

I already have the Key FOBS to program for REMOTE START and remote TAILGATE OPEN. I've also purchased Power Wagon OEM rock Rails + a Rear Load Floor to install under rear bench + Rear Floor Storage BOxes to add to truck after delivery.
Yep, same. Vinyl seats, vinyl flooring, and no 1600 batch of chrome I'm just going to replace anyway. Would have gotten the off-road pkg just for the slightly better shocks and hill descent control but not worth the forced chrome.

Pitboss44

Reaction score
I've also purchased Power Wagon OEM rock Rails + a Rear Load Floor to install under rear bench + Rear Floor Storage BOxes to add to truck after delivery.
I thought the load floor under the rear seat required brackets only the 60/40 bench has and that’s why it’s not available on the tradesman. You were able to find an aftermarket option that will work with the full one piece bench?

Users who are viewing this thread