Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

FLARam

Reaction score
Probably D1, that's when the parts are gathered for your build.
That is what is. We’ve racking for us folks in “D” status.
Fingers crossed that the “1” is added to the D soon!

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Mine just went into D1. It was ordered with Laramie L2 package. MD called me and said it needed to change to Laramie LF package. (See my previous post somewhere in here)

I have not heard back from MD yet. I was unable to call for a few days. So unsure if its being built with 12” digital or someone made the decision for me to change it to the 7”.

Waiting a return call from MD.

Gofast23

Reaction score
For the Laramie Level 1 and Level 2, anybody know a Disassociated Touchscreen Display is? Listed as part of those equipment groups.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
For the Laramie Level 1 and Level 2, anybody know a Disassociated Touchscreen Display is? Listed as part of those equipment groups.
That means that the radio display screen and the radio module are two separate parts (disassociated). Those would be the 12” radio, and the 8.4” radio with nav.
The 5” radio and 8.4” non-nav radios are one single radio module/screen unit.

Drew M

Reaction score
That means that the radio display screen and the radio module are two separate parts (disassociated). Those would be the 12” radio, and the 8.4” radio with nav.
The 5” radio and 8.4” non-nav radios are one single radio module/screen unit.
Thanks!

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Did anyone else have the picture of their truck disappear on the Ram tracker page?
My picture has never showed up and I ordered 10/20/20, truck wouldn't come up in the tracking spreadsheet so officer Sanchez manually put in the information.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I ordered my 2023 Tradesman with 7" Dash Display for $75 ... that option is in the PDF order guide .. but not on the build website for 2023. It is available on the 2022 builder for $75. HOpefully since I have a VIN .. that means I am getting the 7" cluster even though the build website no longer shows it as a stand alone option.

EDIT: Crap .. I just noticed that it is NOT stand-alone for 2023 - only comes in the safety group now.. Granger was able to add it to my order though .. wonder if I will get it ...
Same. Let's see what happens.

44Dan44

Reaction score
For my build the following has changed:
$75.00 7" TFT is no longer a stand alone option, added to $2790.00 Safety Group. I will decline if asked to modify my order.
5th Wheel Prep Group now forces &395.00 Trailer Brake Controller. I will accept if asked to modify my order.
Snow Chief Group previously added 220 Amp alternator, now is disassociated and have to select separately for $145. I would accept if asked to modify my order.
Tradesman Level 1 is now selectable for $95.00 where before you just didn't select Level 2 and you got 1. I would accept if asked to modify my order.
And of course, as expected overall the price went up approx $1670.00 overall. How these possibly forced changes would impact Koons Price Protection is to be determined.

dmhines

Reaction score
For my build the following has changed:
$75.00 7" TFT is no longer a stand alone option, added to $2790.00 Safety Group. I will decline if asked to modify my order.
5th Wheel Prep Group now forces &395.00 Trailer Brake Controller. I will accept if asked to modify my order.
Snow Chief Group previously added 220 Amp alternator, now is disassociated and have to select separately for $145. I would accept if asked to modify my order.
Tradesman Level 1 is now selectable for $95.00 where before you just didn't select Level 2 and you got 1. I would accept if asked to modify my order.
And of course, as expected overall the price went up approx $1670.00 overall. How these possibly forced changes would impact Koons Price Protection is to be determined.

I see that the 7" TFT is not a stand-alone option for any level 2500 from what I can see .. but since Granger was able to add it to my build and $75 shows on the invoice .. I hope it sticks .... Does seem like 2022 options and packages are better than 2023 ... When I go to the Ram Tracker and look at the URL of the picture of by build .. it does include JAL for the 7" TFT ..

://www.ramtrucks.com/mediaserver/iris?client=FCAUS&market=U&brand=R&vehicle=2023_DJ&paint=P74&fabric=X8&sa=DJ7L91,2TA,2GA,42E,45H,4EA,4H4,4KZ,4NU,4UQ,4ZB,573,5N6,875,894,A61,ACE,ADC,ANT,BAJ,BNH,C1G,CBE,CDP,CDR,CFM,CJ2,CSJ,CUY,DBA,DFX,DMF,DSE,ESB,GBH,GNK,GT2,GT3,GVB,HAF,JA7,JA8,JAL,JJ1,JKV,JLN,JLP,JLW,JVA,JWA,LA5,LAY,LBT,LE4,LEB,LEC,LF2,LF3,LF4,LFD,LFF,LFX,LFZ,LNC,LNV,LNY,LPD,LPL,MB5,MCS,MDA,MDN,MMZ,MWH,NAS,NHJ,NHN,NZD,NZE,R07,RAA,RDG,RE8,RF5,RF7,RFA,RFN,RFP,RFV,RSU,RSX,RTM,RTQ,RTU,RTV,SD1,SFC,SGC,SHG,TW2,TZA,UBQ,WFW,WLZ,WMB,X9B,X9E,X9H,XAG,XAN,XAW,XBE,XBN,XCM,XE5,XEA,XEE,XEF,XHC,XHR,XMF,XRB,XZN,YG2,Z7M,ZAR,ZCB,ZNR,ZRB&pov=position1&width=1600&height=1200&bkgnd=transparent&resp=png

44Dan44

Reaction score
I see that the 7" TFT is not a stand-alone option for any level 2500 from what I can see .. but since Granger was able to add it to my build and $75 shows on the invoice .. I hope it sticks .... Does seem like 2022 options and packages are better than 2023 ... When I go to the Ram Tracker and look at the URL of the picture of by build .. it does include JAL for the 7" TFT ..

://www.ramtrucks.com/mediaserver/iris?client=FCAUS&market=U&brand=R&vehicle=2023_DJ&paint=P74&fabric=X8&sa=DJ7L91,2TA,2GA,42E,45H,4EA,4H4,4KZ,4NU,4UQ,4ZB,573,5N6,875,894,A61,ACE,ADC,ANT,BAJ,BNH,C1G,CBE,CDP,CDR,CFM,CJ2,CSJ,CUY,DBA,DFX,DMF,DSE,ESB,GBH,GNK,GT2,GT3,GVB,HAF,JA7,JA8,JAL,JJ1,JKV,JLN,JLP,JLW,JVA,JWA,LA5,LAY,LBT,LE4,LEB,LEC,LF2,LF3,LF4,LFD,LFF,LFX,LFZ,LNC,LNV,LNY,LPD,LPL,MB5,MCS,MDA,MDN,MMZ,MWH,NAS,NHJ,NHN,NZD,NZE,R07,RAA,RDG,RE8,RF5,RF7,RFA,RFN,RFP,RFV,RSU,RSX,RTM,RTQ,RTU,RTV,SD1,SFC,SGC,SHG,TW2,TZA,UBQ,WFW,WLZ,WMB,X9B,X9E,X9H,XAG,XAN,XAW,XBE,XBN,XCM,XE5,XEA,XEE,XEF,XHC,XHR,XMF,XRB,XZN,YG2,Z7M,ZAR,ZCB,ZNR,ZRB&pov=position1&width=1600&height=1200&bkgnd=transparent&resp=png
Sticking with the trend of giving us less for more money, ugh!

kevin588127

Reaction score
Someone said it earlier already, but it does seem like the Laramie is the new Big Horn. Of course, still some upgrades, but at a cost. Even the Big Horn has some downgrades, like losing painted door handles. And a minimally optioned Big Horn is still very expensive.
Just for the hell of it, I tried to build my 22 BH as a 23. Can't even come close. A Laramie with no options packages and adding a few things Al la carte gets me close. I'd get leather but no digital tow mirror. The price increase is like 8k over my sticker. Also went and built a Ford. Can get a similar optioned (to my BH) for about 4k less than the 23 Laramie. The Ford actually has some more tech. Ram is screwing this up big time.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, I tried to build my 22 BH as a 23. Can't even come close. A Laramie with no options packages and adding a few things Al la carte gets me close. I'd get leather but no digital tow mirror. The price increase is like 8k over my sticker. Also went and built a Ford. Can get a similar optioned (to my BH) for about 4k less than the 23 Laramie. The Ford actually has some more tech. Ram is screwing this up big time.
Just checking options if mine doesn’t get built in a reasonable time, a fully loaded 23 Silverado 3500 high country has a lower MSRP then the 11% discount I got from granger. Comparing MSRP, the Chevy was almost $15k less then the MSRP of the limited I ordered.

BSN81

Reaction score
Just checking options if mine doesn’t get built in a reasonable time, a fully loaded 23 Silverado 3500 high country has a lower MSRP then the 11% discount I got from granger. Comparing MSRP, the Chevy was almost $15k less than the MSRP of the limited I ordered.
I wonder how much the redesigned 2024 will be compared.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread