Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

cjh1669

Reaction score
I'm with you on the 24 GMCs/Chevy's, I really like what I saw on the release for those for the interior. I still don't think the ride will be as nice, but I could live without that. I'm still going to check them out when they are released and debate whether or not I'm keeping mine whenever it shows up.
First you're talking about HD trucks, they aren't built to have great rides due to having a suspension built for towing. 1/2 ton trucks are more great ride trucks. Second you can always buy after market suspension that will change the ride quite a bit.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Another question is, does anyone think any of the current in production 23's will ship out this year before they shut down for the holiday?
No, so far it looks like most of the in production ones are shipping in January

44Dan44

Reaction score
I was referencing the 24s. The big issues GMCs had for along time was a smaller cab, they fixed that a few years ago. Really the only advantage Ram interiors have now is the 12 inch screen and starting with the 22s in fords and 24s and GMC that advantage is taken away. Add to it now you have to go limited to get that screen and ram is really losing ground
You can equip a Tradesman with the 12" screen on both 22 and 23, I'll leave this part of the conversation now to not further clutter the RAM builds and orders thread.Image 12-16-22 at 12.03 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I would have probably ordered a new 23 Ford F450 if there was any chance of getting one in 2023, the orders for SD series were only open for a few days and now no more orders until next year when the 2024s open up, there are still people waiting on ordered 2022s that were ordered in 2021... so I found what I wanted on the lot for a good deal and I'm pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_8141[1].JPG
    IMG_8141[1].JPG
    641.9 KB · Views: 30

cjh1669

Reaction score
My Laramie is built and in storage and has the 12inch screen, unless you are referring to the cluster 12inch.
That's because it's built, it's the ones that aren';t that are the issue. aslo losing that cluster sets them back vs gmc and ford also

combine9770sts

Reaction score
Can U elaborate? Painted door Handles are showing as part of the sport package. Is it not available anymore or?
Someone said it earlier already, but it does seem like the Laramie is the new Big Horn. Of course, still some upgrades, but at a cost. Even the Big Horn has some downgrades, like losing painted door handles. And a minimally optioned Big Horn is still very expensive

phatboy64

Reaction score
If my 2023 Limited isn't here when the orders open for the 2024 Denali I most likely will place an order for one.

I feel bad for the guys who ordered 2022's and they are just getting them and they are now a model year old...I really don't want to be in the same boat.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
According to MD, none of the Laramie trim trucks will be built with the 12” digital dash OR fender flares. It was a “error” on behalf of Ram. They were not suppose to be orderable. Yet, Ram let it happen for over a month before they switched to the “Level F” package.

So anyone that ordered a Laramie with a 12” digital dash, it isnt happening even if Ram already accepted your order. It does not sound like Ram is doing anything to make it right either. Sad.

I may cancel my 2023 order over this. Go a different way. Still thinking.

extremehabit

Reaction score
If my 2023 Limited isn't here when the orders open for the 2024 Denali I most likely will place an order for one.

I feel bad for the guys who ordered 2022's and they are just getting them and they are now a model year old...I really don't want to be in the same boat.
Yes, but they probably are saving $6-8k. I would take an appropriately equipped 22 for those savings.

Uhlaner

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie with the Level 1 package in D1 status, am I going to still have the 12" screen (not 12" dash)? I sure hope so...thanks all!

extremehabit

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie with the Level 1 package in D1 status, am I going to still have the 12" screen (not 12" dash)? I sure hope so...thanks all!
Yes. I have the same ordered. Your screen will be 12" touch screen, but your dash will NOT be the new all-digital cluster.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Yes, but they probably are saving $6-8k. I would take an appropriately equipped 22 for those savings.
Well they probably lost the $6-8K in trade-in depredation, lost incentive and higher interest rates.. All I know is if July rolls around and I still don't have my truck I think I would explore other options...but that is just me.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Good day one and all. Would love to say I’m a newbie here, but unfortunately this is my second rodeo in 9 months. Ordered a Laramie on 3/10, took delivery on 8/15, and wrecked it on 9/12 (1,249 miles). Insurance finally totaled it last week and I just ordered my 2023 Longhorn on 12/13…and the wait game begins again.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Good day one and all. Would love to say I’m a newbie here, but unfortunately this is my second rodeo in 9 months. Ordered a Laramie on 3/10, took delivery on 8/15, and wrecked it on 9/12 (1,249 miles). Insurance finally totaled it last week and I just ordered my 2023 Longhorn on 12/13…and the wait game begins again.
Ouch. Good luck man.

the5thsoth

Reaction score
@zach@granger sorry to ask this again but since the website updated are the 2023 PW order banks open again or do you think we are still waiting for this weekends reset? Thanks.

Rxpjlb

Reaction score
Good to have you back. Just to let you know, I’m still here and waiting on my 22.

Turin

Reaction score
The trim comparison page for Laramie and big horn shows:

Available Digital Rearview Mirror with Side Camera Integration (Available Spring 2023)
Assuming that's accurate, I wonder if that means lower trims will be able to get the wired tow-mode camera (which integrates with the digital rearview mirror) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread