Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
My understanding is the OEM board are made by AMP. I will have the OEM installed at the dealer (MD), since they couldnt be ordered at the factory (Laramie). MD said they could install them when the truck gets there. I'm going OEM just so they are under my warranty and the dash button will work to extend/retract them.
The factory boards are not made by amp. They are much easier to install than the amp boards because they come fully assembled, ready to just bolt on, whereas the amps you have to assemble them piece by piece.

There is no such thing as a factory power side step kit for the HD Rams like there is for the 1500’s, the harness would have to be custom built, and the sales code would probably not be available to add after the fact.
So, I would make absolute certain to ask your dealership if they are specifically installing the factory steps, if they realize there is no kit for them, and if they verified that the sales code can be added to your truck after the fact.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I would run the VIN’s from the tracking sheet but ODC isn’t including the full ViN # this time so I can’t check the equipment listings for trucks we know are completed.
FYI, there is enough information about the trucks in the spreadsheet to determine the first half of the VIN.
As long as you know if the truck is: 2500/3500, 4x4/4x2, SRW/DRW, trim level, and Hemi or diesel, you can easily determine the full VIN.

superbird

Reaction score
wheel well liners are included on all trucks they are not the full liners that go around the entire inside of the rear wheel well like on the 2020, they go up about a foot and a half on the inside front and inside rear of the rear wheel well

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, there is enough information about the trucks in the spreadsheet to determine the first half of the VIN.
As long as you know if the truck is: 2500/3500, 4x4/4x2, SRW/DRW, trim level, and Hemi or diesel, you can easily determine the full VIN.
never even thought to do that. Thanks Jimmy!
I’m off tomorrow, I may mess around and see if I can find a very early Laramie with level 2 and see what it looks like.

Drew M

Reaction score
From what I've read on here is that the wire harnesses are different on the non power board trucks and it wouldn't be an easy install. @Jimmy07 is this correct?
I've been too the OEM ones are hard wired into the harness and can be controlled on the display. The AMP plugs into the OBD port. There is a switch that can be added for these. I'm trying to get as much info as I can and be comfortable with the cost...

pizzatots

Reaction score
The factory boards are not made by amp. They are much easier to install than the amp boards because they come fully assembled, ready to just bolt on, whereas the amps you have to assemble them piece by piece.

There is no such thing as a factory power side step kit for the HD Rams like there is for the 1500’s, the harness would have to be custom built, and the sales code would probably not be available to add after the fact.
So, I would make absolute certain to ask your dealership if they are specifically installing the factory steps, if they realize there is no kit for them, and if they verified that the sales code can be added to your truck after the fact.

Today I learned! Thanks Jimmy!

phatboy64

Reaction score
They were Laramie orders. As was the case with the 2022 ordering, it seems the Laramie trim is yet again the one taking the cuts the most.
That is crazy. The way I see it is the Laramie is a solid trim level to customize your preferences off of…

Ironsides77

Reaction score
I think the limited Elite will stay with the 1500 since there is a larger market for it.

I think they are neutering the Laramie because of the chip shortage. Its really unfortunate and would really piss me off if I had one on order.

Part of the reason I went with the limited was because of stuff like this.

BSN81

Reaction score
I think the limited Elite will stay with the 1500 since there is a larger market for it.

I think they are neutering the Laramie because of the chip shortage. Its really unfortunate and would really piss me off if I had one on order.

Part of the reason I went with the limited was because of stuff like this.
Well I'm in the fully loaded Laramie boat, and my dealer swears there is no issue with my order. I have a feeling that I'll be canceling my 2nd order soon and ordering a Limited to get the options that I want. But I just want to know so I can get the ball rolling.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Well I'm in the fully loaded Laramie boat, and my dealer swears there is no issue with my order. I have a feeling that I'll be canceling my 2nd order soon and ordering a Limited to get the options that I want. But I just want to know so I can get the ball rolling.
Mine is pretty loaded Laramie. I didn’t go w level2 bc I think it’s a waste for what you get in return and no camera rear view mirror.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Mine is pretty loaded Laramie. I didn’t go w level2 bc I think it’s a waste for what you get in return and no camera rear view mirror.
I had a Laramie level 2 preorder going, until it was announced that level 2 wouldn’t have the digital dash. The only other benefit was the Harmon kardon since I’ve got a “bench” on my build. I currently have the alpine system in my ‘20 1500 and it’s great. So I went down to a level 1 when I put the order in.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
I had a Laramie level 2 preorder going, until it was announced that level 2 wouldn’t have the digital dash. The only other benefit was the Harmon kardon since I’ve got a “bench” on my build. I currently have the alpine system in my ‘20 1500 and it’s great. So I went down to a level 1 when I put the order in.
Smart move saving coin without the new digital dash being available . Personally, I like the mix of digital and analog. Alpine is an underrated system in our trucks.

Last edited:

ollicat

Reaction score
I would have gone up to a limited but I wanted a Hemi. Shame you can ONLY get a diesel in the upper trims. So here I am with a striped down Laramie paying extra to get aftermarket power side steps, a hemi badge, fender flares, and more.

FLARam

Reaction score
I would have gone up to a limited but I wanted a Hemi. Shame you can ONLY get a diesel in the upper trims. So here I am with a striped down Laramie paying extra to get aftermarket power side steps, a hemi badge, fender flares, and more.
A Laramie that costs more than a Limited Hemi with all the bells and whistles from 2022. It’s the world we live in.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You won’t even get a Hemi badge. They cut those too.

Users who are viewing this thread