Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

FLARam

Reaction score
I would have gone up to a limited but I wanted a Hemi. Shame you can ONLY get a diesel in the upper trims. So here I am with a striped down Laramie paying extra to get aftermarket power side steps, a hemi badge, fender flares, and more.
I think it's part of the hood badge. But yeah, not having a separate and distinct HEMI badge sucks.
Although the badge is gone from the Hemi’s, I think the aggressive sports hood draws enough attention that keeping the rest of the truck “clean” looks good.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Although the badge is gone from the Hemi’s, I think the aggressive sports hood draws enough attention that keeping the rest of the truck “clean” looks good.
How are you guys determining that the badge (which badge) is gone? Not from that ram tracker hopefully? That thing is a generic novelty system that’s about as useful as ram chat was last year before they implemented the ram tracker. It’s good for some good entertainment while waiting for the truck, though.

dmhines

Reaction score
Plenty of Pics of 2023 2500’s on RAM website. None of the Hemi trucks have a Hemi emblem.

jsalbre

Reaction score
How are you guys determining that the badge (which badge) is gone? Not from that ram tracker hopefully? That thing is a generic novelty system that’s about as useful as ram chat was last year before they implemented the ram tracker. It’s good for some good entertainment while waiting for the truck, though.
Plenty of Pics of 2023 2500’s on RAM website. None of the Hemi trucks have a Hemi emblem.
This. Plus all of the 2023 Hemi trucks that have been seen in the wild (Texas State Fair, Rebel press events, Nevada Rodeo, LA Auto Show) haven't had a badge.

Edit: Also, pervious build sheets have had "HEMI Badge" as a line item. None that I've seen so far for 2023 list that.

FLARam

Reaction score
This. Plus all of the 2023 Hemi trucks that have been seen in the wild (Texas State Fair, Rebel press events, Nevada Rodeo, LA Auto Show) haven't had a badge.
@jsalbre do you have any picture of the trucks in those events? Was wondering about the fender flares too…..

dmhines

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video today saying 2023 will be last year of Hemi in HD trucks. Maybe that’s why no more badge.

jsalbre

Reaction score
@jsalbre do you have any picture of the trucks in those events? Was wondering about the fender flares too…..

I can't find the others right now, but here's one from the Rebel press event.

2023_Ram2500Rebel_2.jpg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Edit: Also, pervious build sheets have had "HEMI Badge" as a line item. None that I've seen so far for 2023 list that.
Ah, that badge. I always forget about that one since a lot of people remove it anyway. I would consider that equal to a $150 credit for my time and labor spent removing them right off the bat, so they finally realized and left it off for us.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ah, that badge. I always forget about that one since a lot of people remove it anyway. I would consider that equal to a $150 credit for my time and labor spent removing them right off the bat, so they finally realized and left it off for us.
I’m annoyed about them taking anything out that was once included, but not enough to buy them to put them on. I did appreciate them being there though. It’s not like buying a small car and the sub-2 liter engine doesn’t get a badge but all the larger engines do so you can show off what you got. I didn’t get the Hemi because I couldn’t afford the more expensive engine, I got it because it was a far better choice for my situation.

pizzatots

Reaction score
I didn’t get the Hemi because I couldn’t afford the more expensive engine, I got it because it was a far better choice for my situation.
Same boat here. Money isn’t the issue. Proud of my extra payload!

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Surprised they didn’t add the rebel option on the mega cab.

Tater86

Reaction score
Curious, is there a hold up in production for 23's? I haven't seen any new orders get pulled in on the tracker, but I'm assuming that's because a lot of orders outside that sample set have been pulled in.

Also, @brv10, since I'm impatient and the RAM website tracker doesn't give details, haha, what is the status of my truck? Curious if it has went off to the offsite vendor yet? VIN=PG509662

Users who are viewing this thread