Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Yankst28

Reaction score
Anyone try to order a rebel yet? Curious if the rebel will come with AC seats for the upper package unlike the 1500 which you can’t get AC seats in the rebel.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Vented seats, yes I believe it does have them in a Rebel depending on the package

BSN81

Reaction score
My 23 limited is going to cost 5k more than the 22 I built.

I wasn’t sure on the purchase and by the time I was they’d removed all the options I wanted. So I waited for a 23 to get the options I wanted.

Hope this helped!
I was in the exact same boat. And now I'll pay almost 7k more for my new Laramie. Same options.

phatboy64

Reaction score
My msrp on my January order limited was 97,380, to build the same truck as a '23 would cost 104,050, which is 6670 more
Yeah my 23 Limited was around ~6K-7K more than the same 22 I built online...

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Hello, any recent orders go through with the Level 2 Equipment Group on the 3500 Laramie? I just had my dealership put in an order and that was the only package not coming up. Looks like the HK Prem sound and the 12" cluster, I am assuming that is the new screen above the column along with rear heated seats (which I don't care too much about.)

BSN81

Reaction score
I placed my order on 9/26 for a 3500 Laramie with the level 2 package and had no issues. This is my 2nd order. The first had to be cancelled because the trailer surround camera package wasn't available and the order couldn't be modified.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I placed my order on 9/26 for a 3500 Laramie with the level 2 package and had no issues. This is my 2nd order. The first had to be cancelled because the trailer surround camera package wasn't available and the order couldn't be modified.

Lucky dog, timing was never my thing. I just sent him back a revised, I will take the money saved from Equip 2 going down to Equip 1 and add the self leveling since we will have an on again/off again camper. See what he comes back with.

BSN81

Reaction score
Lucky dog, timing was never my thing. I just sent him back a revised, I will take the money saved from Equip 2 going down to Equip 1 and add the self leveling since we will have an on again/off again camper. See what he comes back with.
I've heard that the options can change day to day. So maybe have them check again later this week? If that's the stuff you really want. I am going to add the air suspension after market. It's about the same price and has better customization. But to each his own. So what's best for you and your wants/needs.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Hello, any recent orders go through with the Level 2 Equipment Group on the 3500 Laramie? I just had my dealership put in an order and that was the only package not coming up. Looks like the HK Prem sound and the 12" cluster, I am assuming that is the new screen above the column along with rear heated seats (which I don't care too much about.)
Mine went into order confirmed on 9/29 with Laramie L2.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I've heard that the options can change day to day. So maybe have them check again later this week? If that's the stuff you really want. I am going to add the air suspension after market. It's about the same price and has better customization. But to each his own. So what's best for you and your wants/needs.

Mine went into order confirmed on 9/29 with Laramie L2.

Okay, I'll have him check tomorrow and see. Definitely better options with aftermarket, for me the factory airbags comes only out of convenience.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
If you don’t mind sharing, what are you looking at for aftermarket bags? Just curious as how the customization is better? Contemplating not getting the suspension after reading some of these things… also contemplating not getting the towing technology package as it seems that some people have been less than pleased with the overall package.

BSN81

Reaction score
If you don’t mind sharing, what are you looking at for aftermarket bags? Just curious as how the customization is better? Contemplating not getting the suspension after reading some of these things… also contemplating not getting the towing technology package as it seems that some people have been less than pleased with the overall package.
I don't mind at all. My understanding of the Ram air suspension is that it only activates under load. So, if you don't have a trailer or something heavy attached to the truck, the system doesn't turn on. So I am looking at airbags by airlift. https://www.airliftcompany.com/. They have a few different options available and they can be controlled by remote or by phone. The bags can be turned on, or filled with air with or without a load. You can also control the amount of psi to improve your ride comfort. The airlift system can by self installed or professionally installed and runs around the same price. Hopefully this helps and I'm sure someone who has more knowledge and experience with this can add more value to this conversation. I'm still pretty new to this.

BSN81

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to comment on the towing technology group. My understanding is that it has:
  • Ct Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera (LPD)
  • Surround View Camera System (XAK)
  • Trailer Reverse Guidance (XPU)
I had this package on my 2020 2500 and I found it to be useful. I did towing with a bumper pull style trailer and also a 5th wheel. The cameras were easy to use and made hooking and unhooking very easy. This was a must have option for the new 3500.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind at all. My understanding of the Ram air suspension is that it only activates under load. So, if you don't have a trailer or something heavy attached to the truck, the system doesn't turn on. So I am looking at airbags by airlift. https://www.airliftcompany.com/. They have a few different options available and they can be controlled by remote or by phone. The bags can be turned on, or filled with air with or without a load. You can also control the amount of psi to improve your ride comfort. The airlift system can by self installed or professionally installed and runs around the same price. Hopefully this helps and I'm sure someone who has more knowledge and experience with this can add more value to this conversation. I'm still pretty new to this.
If the OT conversation on airbags is to continue, please do so in a new thread.

Let's try to keep this on topic folks.

It's builds and orders thread.

Thanks

leeparnell89

Reaction score
Does anyone have more details on what trims will or will not come with passive entry? I've combed through the Product Info/Feature Availability document for 2023 HD's from Stellantis, but the only model that lists passive entry as standard is the Power Wagon. It isn't listed on the Longhorn or Limited models. I find this hard to believe. Just trying to figure out what trim level I would have to order to have this feature.

Attachments

• 2023_RAM_2500_3500_HD_FA.pdf
    201.5 KB · Views: 21

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Does anyone have more details on what trims will or will not come with passive entry? I've combed through the Product Info/Feature Availability document for 2023 HD's from Stellantis, but the only model that lists passive entry as standard is the Power Wagon. It isn't listed on the Longhorn or Limited models. I find this hard to believe. Just trying to figure out what trim level I would have to order to have this feature.
The order guides may be more helpful here. Don't take my word for it. But with a 30 second glance, it seems the same as last year- no passive entry on Tradesman or Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread