Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So what I have been told is that they build by color. So if on Nov 1 they start with Black, they will build Black trucks but only the ones that they have all the parts for. For example, if you ordered a Black truck with a sunroof and there are no sunroofs available, your truck won’t get built and it will have to wait until the next time they spray Black, and if at that time they don’t have sunroofs you go back in the paint cycle again until they have all the parts to build your truck.
I am told they do it this way due to the high cost of purging the spray nozels and setting up for a different color. So having one option on your build that is not available could delay your build significantly. When the sunroofs come in they will start to build your truck but you will have to wait until the next paint cycle. BTW I am only using sunroofs as an example.
Building by color is one thing that is most definitely not the case. Only for low volume colors will they wait until they have a certain amount of orders until they run out a batch.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Building by color is one thing that is most definitely not the case. Only for low volume colors will they wait until they have a certain amount of orders until they run out a batch.
Yea I am just going by what I was told when I ordered my 2014 and again when I ordered my 2023.....

phatboy64

Reaction score
BTW. I am not saying that they wait until they have a certain amount of orders, I am saying they build by color

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Ford has issues that Ram/Chrysler/Fiat do not. If Chrysler needs parts that we are unable to produce here they can have their plants overseas produce them.
All car manufacturers are having the same semiconductor shortage issues because all the semiconductors come from the same hand full of plants. It’s not like Stellantis has a secret manufacturer somewhere. Stellantis is just handling the shortage a different way than ford. Ford chose to keep offering the same options on all their trim levels as previous, and build those vehicles as such in hopes that the shortage would die down soon enough to install the missing modules in the storage lots after the fact.
GM is building and delivering vehicles with missing paid for options, and will have the owner bring the vehicle to the dealer to install the missing modules when they become available.
Stellantis just chose to not even offer certain options affected by the shortage on lower trim levels that used to be offered with those options in previous years. That’s why all throughout the 2022 model year, they gradually kept taking options and packages away from trim levels until how it was at the end where you couldn’t even order a limited with a level 1 package.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Ordered a 2023 Powerwagon on Monday. Weirdly, I had a VIN the same day I ordered.

How soon can you see your window sticker? I tried using the VIN on some of the free sites and it didn't return anything.

First time I've factory ordered a vehicle and YEESH, what a stressful process for something that should be fun! Between ever changing prices (always going up) and certain options either being blocked or required to get an order in, it was quite the roller coaster ride. I'm still not 100% all of the options I wanted are in there until I can see the window sticker. Especially with the Powerwagon going from Level 1,2,3 down to only 1 and 2 in 2023. I wanted a Level 1 which was good since Level 2 was blocked from ordering when I went in and they forced blind spot monitoring as a requirement to order too. I was trying to go as caveman as possible. Haha.

Attachments

• Build_sheet.jpg
    Build_sheet.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 24

tchur1

Reaction score
Ordered a 2023 Powerwagon on Monday. Weirdly, I had a VIN the same day I ordered.

How soon can you see your window sticker? I tried using the VIN on some of the free sites and it didn't return anything.

First time I've factory ordered a vehicle and YEESH, what a stressful process for something that should be fun! Between ever changing prices (always going up) and certain options either being blocked or required to get an order in, it was quite the roller coaster ride. I'm still not 100% all of the options I wanted are in there until I can see the window sticker. Especially with the Powerwagon going from Level 1,2,3 down to only 1 and 2 in 2023. I wanted a Level 1 which was good since Level 2 was blocked from ordering when I went in and they forced blind spot monitoring as a requirement to order too. I was trying to go as caveman as possible. Haha.
You wont see the window sticker until the truck is built and passed inspection. So probably 2-3 months (this is a gross estimate). The next milestone is moving from D (current status, firm order, no production date) to D1 (parts gathered and order scheduled for build)

pizzatots

Reaction score
Really? I just placed an order with my dealer today and they went up the chain at Stellantis and they stated the bucket seats on the Laramie's would be ventilated.

have this in writing somewhere, by chance?

FLARam

Reaction score
According to Kippie at Mark Dodge and her Stellantis rep, the bench and console are ventilated if you select a level 1 or 2.
Thanks for sharing Tater. My rep verified Laramie will have ventilated sears of Level 1 or 2

pizzatots

Reaction score
According to Kippie at Mark Dodge and her Stellantis rep, the bench and console are ventilated if you select a level 1 or 2.

Thanks for sharing Tater. My rep verified Laramie will have ventilated sears of Level 1 or 2

Thank you both for the extra information - this makes me feel a lot better. Giving up those ventilated seats in my Laramie 1500 was a hard pill to swallow on a 70k+ truck! I am bummed still about the power steps, but I can add those through AMP.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Here are all the standard options on a 2023 3500 Laramie trim.

See PDF and c/p below for the bucket/center console optioned seats.

Each leather-trimmed bucket seat is contoured to hold a person comfortably, safely and securely for a smooth, luxurious ride.

Details:
  • Bucket Seats (CAC)
  • High Back Seats (CAD)
  • Power 2-Way Passenger Lumbar Adjust (JRP)
  • Rear 60/40 Folding Seat (CFN)
  • Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ)
  • 4 Way Front Headrests (CDP)
  • 115V Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet (JJN)
  • Heated Front Seats (CMA)
  • Heated Steering Wheel (NHS)
  • Driver Seat - Power Adjust 8-Way (JVG)
  • 2 Way Rear Headrest Seat (CSJ)
  • Frt Pass Seat - Power Adjust 8-Way (JWG)
  • Front Seat Back Map Pockets (CSM)
  • Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory (LEV)
  • Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust (JPE)
  • Full Length Upgraded Floor Console (CUP)

Attachments

• standard features 3500 Laramie.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 34

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Anyone thats put in an order recently, how long was it before any info showed up on the tracker? Mine was ordered back on 23rd Sept and there is still nothing showing up on the tracker.

My 22 order was almost instant. Few hour delay. “Ram instant”

I am worried its stuck in BE status or something.

“There’s currently no information about your vehicle available. Please check again later.”

Dealer saying its normal.

Tater86

Reaction score
My info was available the next day once I was able to get the VON from the dealer

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Apparently it is in BE status. Confusion around the “painted side steps” with out NE package. Waiting on Ram Rep. might have to modify order. It let us order it that way. ‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread