Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BigRig

Reaction score
Order placed October 20th, was finally issued a D1 status after 6 months. Hopefully things move along more quickly now.
Ordered December 13th, built on February 8, hail damaged and still sitting in Mexico
I think that’s even worse than waiting for the truck to be built. Don’t think I would take deliver of the truck after that.

Moondongle

Reaction score
Adapters are no longer sold with our trucks. I called the dealer and they said 22 was the last year.
That explains why I couldn't find it. Before we left the lot, the dealer found one in another truck and gave it to me as he said it shouldn't be missing. Perhaps he didn't know the 23's don't come with them any longer.

BigRig

Reaction score
Ordered Jan 28, 2023 and Delivered May 6, 2023 2" to 2.5" adapter missing. Everything else was in it.

View attachment 57842
View attachment 57843
She’s a beaut.
I have to say that I’m happy for everybody who are finally getting their trucks, but I’m starting to get so frustrated. Ordered mine on December 6th and still not even scheduled to be built, what is going on?

Christoffersoncole

Reaction score
2023 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab Night Edition
Cognito Motorsports 3" kit
37x12.50r20 Toyo RT's
20x10 -18 offset Moto Metal Stingers Gloss Black

They put the wrong tires on (put on RT's instead of the new RT Trails by Toyo, they gave me $450 off to just keep these ones)
Other than that, truck turned out awesome and drives like a dream

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    725.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2939.jpeg
    IMG_2939.jpeg
    857.4 KB · Views: 50

Moondongle

Reaction score
She’s a beaut.
I have to say that I’m happy for everybody who are finally getting their trucks, but I’m starting to get so frustrated. Ordered mine on December 6th and still not even scheduled to be built, what is going on?
Thanks. Really happy so far. Wish the tow mode and trailer surround cameras were available from Mopar. I paid for the systems in the build, but no cameras available, so feeling a bit of false advertising going on.
Regarding build codes, I was informed by my dealer that Ram is notoriously bad at updating the codes and not to rely on them for up to date build info. Sure enough, I received notice that the truck moved to D1 status, then nothing for another month. Next thing I knew, the dealer said it was on a train heading up to Portland, then two weeks later, I took delivery. Keep bugging your dealer for info as they have a different system that seems to be updated more frequently.

DPeglow

Reaction score
Thanks. Really happy so far. Wish the tow mode and trailer surround cameras were available from Mopar. I paid for the systems in the build, but no cameras available, so feeling a bit of false advertising going on.
Regarding build codes, I was informed by my dealer that Ram is notoriously bad at updating the codes and not to rely on them for up to date build info. Sure enough, I received notice that the truck moved to D1 status, then nothing for another month. Next thing I knew, the dealer said it was on a train heading up to Portland, then two weeks later, I took delivery. Keep bugging your dealer for info as they have a different system that seems to be updated more frequently.

Do you have a copy of your window sticker? What do you mean you paid for the systems in the build, but no cameras available?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you have a copy of your window sticker? What do you mean you paid for the systems in the build, but no cameras available?
I think he paid for the ability to hook up surround cameras, but can't actually buy the cameras to plug into the system on the truck.

BigRig

Reaction score
Well as luck would have it, it went to D1 status yesterday with a shipping date of June 20th. Now I’m getting excited. Looking forward to adding all the accessories that I bought.

Moondongle

Reaction score
Well as luck would have it, it went to D1 status yesterday with a shipping date of June 20th. Now I’m getting excited. Looking forward to adding all the accessories that I bought.
That's great news!

And square_W-P is right. I have the systems to hook up the cameras (12 pin and 4pin camera ports on rear bumper), but I can't actually buy the cameras. Don't know if that's ever or just not yet. The surround camera system was briefly available, but now on the Mopar site it's "discontinued". Don't know what's going on.

Reaction score
That's great news!

And square_W-P is right. I have the systems to hook up the cameras (12 pin and 4pin camera ports on rear bumper), but I can't actually buy the cameras. Don't know if that's ever or just not yet. The surround camera system was briefly available, but now on the Mopar site it's "discontinued". Don't know what's going on.
Looks like they weren't available last year either. Jimmy07 recommended a lot from eBay on this thread:

That's pretty disappointing if Mopar discounted the cameras for the system they are still taking our money to put on what they are selling us.

Moondongle

Reaction score
Looks like they weren't available last year either. Jimmy07 recommended a lot from eBay on this thread:

That's pretty disappointing if Mopar discounted the cameras for the system they are still taking our money to put on what they are selling us.
Neither the 360 camera system, or the tow mode camera system is available. The 2023's use a different system than previous model years.

Tow mode camera thread: Tow Mode Camera 2022 vs 2023

360 surround camera thread: Tow and 360 Surround Camera

Disappointing news. My dealer said they're working on it for me. I'm not holding my breath.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Wish the tow mode and trailer surround cameras were available from Mopar. I paid for the systems in the build, but no cameras available, so feeling a bit of false advertising going on.

Are you guys saying that you paid for the trailer surround view camera system, and the tow mode camera kit, and they are listed on the window sticker, but you didn’t receive those kits?
If not, the wiring being present on the truck side doesn’t mean anything, and you didn’t pay for something you didn’t receive. An example would be that all trucks come with the dash wiring and connections for the VSIM, regardless if it is ordered or not. So, just because the wiring for it is present on the truck, that doesn’t mean you paid for an option you didn’t receive.

Moondongle

Reaction score
Are you guys saying that you paid for the trailer surround view camera system, and the tow mode camera kit, and they are listed on the window sticker, but you didn’t receive those kits?
If not, the wiring being present on the truck side doesn’t mean anything, and you didn’t pay for something you didn’t receive. An example would be that all trucks come with the dash wiring and connections for the VSIM, regardless if it is ordered or not. So, just because the wiring for it is present on the truck, that doesn’t mean you paid for an option you didn’t receive.
I purchased the tech tow package specifically for the tow mode and 360 surround cameras for a trailer. I’m trying to get my wife comfortable with towing our travel trailer and she said this would be helpful for her to overcome her fear of towing the trailer. Great. Check. Package ordered, cool digital rear view mirror that a tow mode camera could connect to to see behind the trailer while driving. Except, the camera has been discontinued with no word on if it will be available again. I wouldn’t have purchased this package had I known the camera was not available. My understanding was that the 360 trailer surround also needed this package in order for them to work on the 12” screen. Again, camera system not available either.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I purchased the tech tow package specifically for the tow mode and 360 surround cameras for a trailer.
The towing technology package has never included the tow mode camera, or the trailer 360 surround cameras.
The only things that come with the towing technology package is the cargo view camera, regular truck surround view camera system, and trailer reverse guidance (which is just side camera views within the surround view system).

Moondongle

Reaction score
The towing technology package has never included the tow mode camera, or the trailer 360 surround cameras.
The only things that come with the towing technology package is the cargo view camera, regular truck surround view camera system, and trailer reverse guidance (which is just side camera views within the surround view system).
I was informed by the salesman that in order for me to have the trailer camera and surround system, I needed a higher spec truck with the DRVM to use that function, and the DRVM only came in the Technology Tow Group. I said OK. add it on and I asked if I could add the cameras later, he said yes. Now I can’t order the cameras they are discontinued. If I had known that, I wouldn’t have purchased the package. So in my view, I was sold a package that I was told would give me a certain functionality. The cameras were available, now not. I feel I paid for something that I can’t use. Shame on me for believing the dealer.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I was informed by the salesman that in order for me to have the trailer camera and surround system, I needed a higher spec truck with the DRVM to use that function, and the DRVM only came in the Technology Tow Group. I said OK. add it on and I asked if I could add the cameras later, he said yes. Now I can’t order the cameras they are discontinued. If I had known that, I wouldn’t have purchased the package. So in my view, I was sold a package that I was told would give me a certain functionality. The cameras were available, now not. I feel I paid for something that I can’t use. Shame on me for believing the dealer.
Ok, so that is not false advertising by ram. That is a lack of research on your part, and a lack of understanding of features on the vehicles that they sell on the dealership’s part.

Users who are viewing this thread