Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Eli77657

Reaction score
Went to me dealer to check on status of my order, its been 37 days since it went to production and nothing has changed since. He said it has some note or status in his system that says Service Hold. Anyway he had 3 trucks fresh off the truck that weren't subject to the recall so I walked out with a 23 Limited Night Edition, it was a couple dollars more than what I had built but had all the thing I want and then some.

Where is your dealer does he have another limited night edition?

And pictures please

avanders

Reaction score
Get me your vin, it's tougher using my phone.
@brv10, do you know how long the train has been taking to get to Iowa? Mine is going to Granger. Trying to get a timeline so I can sell my current vehicle, or any info where train is. My VIN# 3C63R3MJ8PG525134. Thanks for any info.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Im going with private as well. Interest rates are a disaster but at 72 months for 5.49% is the best I could find. Im hoping when I grab the truck first week in april there is some type of promo rate but I doubt it.
I'm working on private too. Went in to get things settled for my truck that's about to ship and my dealer lied and said it's on hold due to recall and they are fixing it in mexico. There are no recalls on it according to NHTSA, so I don't really trust my dealer anymore

Edlee

Reaction score
Woohoo. I moved to D1 yesterday, 50 days from order so that puts me just under mean median and mode. thanks for the data.
Woohoo. I moved to D1 yesterday, 50 days from order so that puts me just under mean median and mode. thanks for the data.
I think there were 3 of us that moved to D1 that day im glad you posted it I hadn’t checked on mine for last week or so and I seen your post and went over to spread sheet and seen where went to D1 and started getting excited all over again

Pksii

Reaction score
I think everyone is well aware, but the dates and tracking info are not super reliable, even the dealer's info isn't great. My truck showed going into production Feb 2. I gave it 3 weeks and pointed out to my dealer on Feb 25 that it hadn't moved and was wondering if they had any insight into any hold-ups. They said they saw the same thing and didn't know of any issues. Two days later he said it was already on a train, headed to Amarillo for some final assembly, which typically takes 2-3 weeks, then a truck ride to them. Less than 24 hours after that text, I get another saying "Truck is here!" Almost 3 weeks ahead of the original scheduled delivery.
So it's sitting here in my driveway today. Meanwhile, the tracking site still shows waiting to be shipped...

Here's hoping others follow suit and get built/shipped/delivered soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_180656.jpg
    IMG_20230312_180656.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 22

44Dan44

Reaction score
I think everyone is well aware, but the dates and tracking info are not super reliable, even the dealer's info isn't great. My truck showed going into production Feb 2. I gave it 3 weeks and pointed out to my dealer on Feb 25 that it hadn't moved and was wondering if they had any insight into any hold-ups. They said they saw the same thing and didn't know of any issues. Two days later he said it was already on a train, headed to Amarillo for some final assembly, which typically takes 2-3 weeks, then a truck ride to them. Less than 24 hours after that text, I get another saying "Truck is here!" Almost 3 weeks ahead of the original scheduled delivery.
So it's sitting here in my driveway today. Meanwhile, the tracking site still shows waiting to be shipped...

Here's hoping others follow suit and get built/shipped/delivered soon.
A nice problem to have. But...... "I saw Bigfoot in my yard last night" is the same as "Its sitting in my driveway"
49831956-363C-4963-AC85-183E503B63DD.gif

Big M

Reaction score
Well.. Damn. My current 2003 2500 developed severe blowby after hauling two cars from Albuquerque a few days ago, meaning a burned or cracked piston most likely. Guess I'd better tear it down to repair it, as I have no idea when my ordered truck will get produced.

Always gotta be something, it seems.

DeltaMobile

Reaction score
I'm working on private too. Went in to get things settled for my truck that's about to ship and my dealer lied and said it's on hold due to recall and they are fixing it in mexico. There are no recalls on it according to NHTSA, so I don't really trust my dealer anymore
My truck was delayed in shipping to fix the recall. It sat there for almost 30 days before it shipped.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Im going with private as well. Interest rates are a disaster but at 72 months for 5.49% is the best I could find. Im hoping when I grab the truck first week in april there is some type of promo rate but I doubt it.
Went with bank of America got a 6.44 rate on 48 months

CortexM0

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have a recall though. I've looked up the VIN
If the new and improved relays are in such short supply that they've had to build some trucks without them, your dealer could still be correct (even though your truck isn't specifically subject to the recall).

Running numbers from the spreadsheet, (and comparing to the Hemi for a baseline) it appears that lower percentages of the Cummins are shipping out since the recall...
For trucks starting production the first two weeks after the relay change (2/1-2/14), only 2 out of 14 Cummins trucks have shipped (14%), while 6 of 8 Hemi trucks shipped (75%). If we expand that timeline to include any truck that began production on 2/1 or after, it's up to 37% for the Cummins vs 67% for the Hemi. (For reference, the month before the recall 80% of Cummins have shipped vs 63% of the Hemi).

cjh1669

Reaction score
If the new and improved relays are in such short supply that they've had to build some trucks without them, your dealer could still be correct (even though your truck isn't specifically subject to the recall).

Running numbers from the spreadsheet, (and comparing to the Hemi for a baseline) it appears that lower percentages of the Cummins are shipping out since the recall...
For trucks starting production the first two weeks after the relay change (2/1-2/14), only 2 out of 14 Cummins trucks have shipped (14%), while 6 of 8 Hemi trucks shipped (75%). If we expand that timeline to include any truck that began production on 2/1 or after, it's up to 37% for the Cummins vs 67% for the Hemi. (For reference, the month before the recall 80% of Cummins have shipped vs 63% of the Hemi).
Wouldn't they still have to update the government to the recall on the VIN?

CortexM0

Reaction score
Wouldn't they still have to update the government to the recall on the VIN?
I'm no expert, but it seems reasonable that the recall would only apply if your truck was built with the defective part. If they leave a part out on the production line and then add it in later (either at the plant or at the dealership), there's nothing to recall. Your truck never had the defective part.

I'm not saying that's what is happening here. It's still likely the dealership really has no idea and the recall is just a convenient excuse. But this is one scenario where your dealership would still be mostly correct with their statement "it's on hold due to recall and they are fixing it in mexico", even though your truck itself isn't recalled.

cjh1669

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it seems reasonable that the recall would only apply if your truck was built with the defective part. If they leave a part out on the production line and then add it in later (either at the plant or at the dealership), there's nothing to recall. Your truck never had the defective part.

I'm not saying that's what is happening here. It's still likely the dealership really has no idea and the recall is just a convenient excuse. But this is one scenario where your dealership would still be mostly correct with their statement "it's on hold due to recall and they are fixing it in mexico", even though your truck itself isn't recalled.
The issue is they don't build the trucks if they are missing parts, and it wouldn't me the status of built if missing the part. There are only two trucks shipped, on the spread sheet, since my truck was built, it hasn't been a long time. The dealer used the recall as an excuse, because I wanted to start financing and trade in discussions, and they either were too busy or didn't want to lock anything in. They specifically said they were going to look up the recalls and see if it was in the recall, then said it was, which is 100% not true

This is the same dealer that originally ordered the wrong truck and told me that it was just showing up wrong for months, then admitted they misordered it. The misordered truck was delivered last week

phatboy64

Reaction score
Question on the tracker, why are some of the entry’s highlighted in green?

Users who are viewing this thread