Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

SAMBROS

Reaction score
Well, I’ve added yet a third truck ordered in our name to the spreadsheet. Wow!!

SAMBROS Viva is the truck we want. It is getting built. Apparently, it was ordered without our deposit. This dealer has been nothing but irritating. Nothing off MSRP.

SAMBROS 1/19 was a screw up. It’s built now and waiting for a train.

SAMBROS 1/27 is not scheduled yet. This one is missing gooseneck prep because it kept going on and off constraints. Sigh. We will have them add it before pickup. 3% or so off of MSRP. I like this dealer and sales guy! Plus, it doesn’t require a 6 hr drive for pickup.

We’d like to get the Viva truck price down to get our truck sooner. Can someone help confirm how much off MSRP is reasonable??? I think I saw 10% max MSRP once.

Thanks!!

tchur1

Reaction score
Well, I’ve added yet a third truck ordered in our name to the spreadsheet. Wow!!

SAMBROS Viva is the truck we want. It is getting built. Apparently, it was ordered without our deposit. This dealer has been nothing but irritating. Nothing off MSRP.

SAMBROS 1/27 is not scheduled yet. This one is missing gooseneck prep because it kept going on and off constraints. Sigh. We will have them add it before pickup. 3% or so off of MSRP. I like this dealer and sales guy! Plus, it doesn’t require a 6 hr drive for pickup.

We’d like to get the Viva truck price down to get our truck sooner. Can someone help confirm how much off MSRP is reasonable??? I think I saw 10% max MSRP once.

Thanks!!
Multiple dealers on this forum advertise 4-7% off invoice. Mark dodge, Koons, granger.

44Dan44

Reaction score

Thanks!!
As @tchur1 correctly points out, multiple dealers who post on this forum offer 4 to 7% off of invoice price which equates to roughly 10 to 12% off of MSRP. Mark Dodge has gone to a flat 11.5% off of MSRP plus $425 doc fee. Mine will end up at 13.038% off of MSRP but that's with Military and Tread Lightly affiliate, would be 11.38% off MSRP without those. My dealer is only 52 minutes away but they charge a much higher doc fee (double MD) so it all comes down to what works out best for you, I have a higher doc fee but its 52 minutes to pick it up versus 19 hours to Mark Dodge. But all of this gets handled before you place your order, I don't expect you'll get anything but what you agreed to when you placed your order(s)

Sambros Viva: I'd be surprised if he gives you anything but current incentives when it arrives. By not taking a deposit, they have essentially ordered a truck to sell on the lot. Might even charge you higher than MSRP for "market adjustment" dealers are still doing this crap near me for vehicles on the lot.
Sambros 1/27: The price is what you agreed to already, 3% off of MSRP plus current incentives when it arrives.

Edit to add: "we will have them add gooseneck prep before pickup" is not easy or cheap as you might think, especially from a dealership, its one thing to cut some holes in the bed and add a B&W kit to the bed but that doesn't get you the in-bed 7 pin and associated wiring harness.

Last edited:

COWash

Reaction score
Went to me dealer to check on status of my order, its been 37 days since it went to production and nothing has changed since. He said it has some note or status in his system that says Service Hold. Anyway he had 3 trucks fresh off the truck that weren't subject to the recall so I walked out with a 23 Limited Night Edition, it was a couple dollars more than what I had built but had all the thing I want and then some.

Reaction score
@pr3dict @the5thsoth and anyone else that is getting from Koons, are you using them for financing? if so have you gotten any info yet? I'm really nervous about this part since I don't have much to put down and this truck is so much $$$$$$$!

phatboy64

Reaction score
Mine left Missouri Citi last night and according to my dealer it is due to arrive in Ayer MA on 3/16 which is about 30 miles from the dealer. The dealer said they normally get the cars/trucks within 4 days of them arriving in Ayer. The RAM tracker has my delivery date as 3/22 so it sounds pretty accurate at this point.

• Scheduled on 2/6
  • In Production on 2/15
  • Built on 2/17
  • Shipped on 2/24
  • ETA delivery on 3/22
I lucked out and have no recalls...

SAMBROS

Reaction score
As @tchur1 correctly points out, multiple dealers who post on this forum offer 4 to 7% off of invoice price which equates to roughly 10 to 12% off of MSRP. Mark Dodge has gone to a flat 11.5% off of MSRP plus $425 doc fee. Mine will end up at 13.038% off of MSRP but that's with Military and Tread Lightly affiliate, would be 11.38% off MSRP without those. My dealer is only 52 minutes away but they charge a much higher doc fee (double MD) so it all comes down to what works out best for you, I have a higher doc fee but its 52 minutes to pick it up versus 19 hours to Mark Dodge. But all of this gets handled before you place your order, I don't expect you'll get anything but what you agreed to when you placed your order(s)

Sambros Viva: I'd be surprised if he gives you anything but current incentives when it arrives. By not taking a deposit, they have essentially ordered a truck to sell on the lot. Might even charge you higher than MSRP for "market adjustment" dealers are still doing this crap near me for vehicles on the lot.
Sambros 1/27: The price is what you agreed to already, 3% off of MSRP plus current incentives when it arrives.

Edit to add: "we will have them add gooseneck prep before pickup" is not easy or cheap as you might think, especially from a dealership, its one thing to cut some holes in the bed and add a B&W kit to the bed but that doesn't get you the in-bed 7 pin and associated wiring harness.
Thank you!!

Tater86

Reaction score
@pr3dict @the5thsoth and anyone else that is getting from Koons, are you using them for financing? if so have you gotten any info yet? I'm really nervous about this part since I don't have much to put down and this truck is so much $$$$$$$!
Mine was 7.44% last week when I picked it up. I'm refinancing Monday with my credit union because they can drop it down to 5%

jrs514

Reaction score
@brv10 - are you able to tell me railcar and carrier for my truck? I’m #138 (and apparently 139 on the build list - didn’t realize I did it twice )

Thanks for the help!!

the5thsoth

Reaction score
I
Haven't gone down that road yet. Will likely go with USAA since they are hovering at 5%. Hoping to find something lower.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I'm buying from Koons, I'll have a Navy Federal draft check in hand at 4.74% worse case, if they can beat it, great, its worth the "cost" of a credit inquiry the day of pick up. For the record, Navy Fed checks are good for 90 days. Credit Union is usually always the correct answer but there is always usually sometimes use to be opportunity at the dealership depending on daily rates. Showing up armed with knowledge and options is the best.

Last edited:

jhdram4

Reaction score
I made a copy of the tracker spreadsheet so I could visualize how long trucks are spending in each state. First, the summary:

CD1EKZ
1810Min
151973555Max
6226710Mean
551547Median
531321Mode
3722810Standard Deviation

Here's a chart of the number days in each state, by order. Stacks appear in the order in which orders were added to the tracker sheet so the x axis is roughly equal to calendar date. Don't read too much into the seemingly downward slope of the peaks; many trucks haven't been built yet so those stacks are incomplete. That said, the size of the blue stacks (C) and the peaks of the green stacks (KZ, where present) seem to be trending downward, which is good news. Also worth noting that KZ doesn't mean people actually have those trucks — the tracker doesn't have dates in the KZX (delivered) column.

View attachment 53037

Here's a chart of the distribution curves for how long trucks are spending in each sate, using a bin size of 5 days. No real surprises here. Confirmed to scheduled has massive variance, scheduled to build is better, build itself is pretty tight. The values at days=0 are skewed because of the orders that haven't reached that state yet (and thus are counted as having spent zero days there).

View attachment 53038
Woohoo. I moved to D1 yesterday, 50 days from order so that puts me just under mean median and mode. thanks for the data.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Im going with private as well. Interest rates are a disaster but at 72 months for 5.49% is the best I could find. Im hoping when I grab the truck first week in april there is some type of promo rate but I doubt it.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
@brv10 - are you able to tell me railcar and carrier for my truck? I’m #138 (and apparently 139 on the build list - didn’t realize I did it twice )

Thanks for the help!!
Get me your vin, it's tougher using my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread