Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

FLARam

Reaction score
Well my 3500 Longhorn just stopped in Slidel La yesterday for a visit before departing for Winston Salem NC getting closer day by day
How do you figure that out??? Any info would be appreciated

pr3dict

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Well my truck is built and finally has a wiwndow sticker. Waiting for a train. Andddd I just got notified today that my GMC denali ultimate order was accepted by GMC so its allocated but no date on manufacturing. Tough because the GMC costs like $6,000 less then the RAM and has newer tech, etc. The RAM has that cummins and airbags.... It SEEMS that I'd get the RAM in before the GMC though.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Well my truck is built and finally has a wiwndow sticker. Waiting for a train. Andddd I just got notified today that my GMC denali ultimate order was accepted by GMC so its allocated but no date on manufacturing. Tough because the GMC costs like $6,000 less then the RAM and has newer tech, etc. The RAM has that cummins and airbags.... It SEEMS that I'd get the RAM in before the GMC though.
You're on an HD Ram forum...We'll all say the Ram is worlds better.

The mirrors on a GMC...lol

Ironsides77

Reaction score
"Congratulations, your new vehicle is ALMOST to the dealership. It should be here within the next 3 weeks or so. Here are some things to expect when it arrives:"

cjh1669

Reaction score
Crazy that the ultimate Denali is cheaper.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Crazy that the ultimate Denali is cheaper.
Right?!?! That's what's bothering me LOL. I originally ordered the RAM for numerous reasons and because the dealers were the only ones giving discounts off MSRP but now that GMC /Chevy dealers are playing ball it actually comes out cheaper. Wild....

Anyways, the RAM shipped yesterday so according to @brv10 I'll see that thing in 3 weeks. WILD.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
@brv10
The RAM Tracker shows my truck was built on 2/27. There's now a link to the Window Sticker but nothing comes up yet so I expect this will happen within the next few days. Am I still in JBLD status or have I graduated to KZ? Thanks!

Last edited:

HDSS250RAM

Reaction score
I have a 3500 Bighorn, Crew, Long box, 4x4, Cummins ordered from Canada on Sept 28. Dealer called to say it has been delayed because I ordered the 5th wheel prep package. Agreed to delete the 5th wheel prep. See how long it takes now. Seems like a long time to diagnose an issue. It had the BG code fairly soon.

wjburnell

Reaction score
I have a 3500 Bighorn, Crew, Long box, 4x4, Cummins ordered from Canada on Sept 28. Dealer called to say it has been delayed because I ordered the 5th wheel prep package. Agreed to delete the 5th wheel prep. See how long it takes now. Seems like a long time to diagnose an issue. It had the BG code fairly soon.
Thank you for sharing! Maybe that's what my hold up is...however, not having it would be a dealbreaker for me.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Is it though? lol

Update: MD called, my truck is two hours away and awaiting a trip on an 18 wheeler. ETA: tomorrow - 2 weeks.
Yes it is, I'm not a brand fan boy, so yes it's 6k cheaper than his limited oreder with more options

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Yes it is, I'm not a brand fan boy, so yes it's 6k cheaper than his limited oreder with more options

Im not either. Looking objectively, its hard to sell me on a 10 speed with close to 1000 ft tq, the exhaust brake is better on the cummins and so is the engine itself.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Im not either. Looking objectively, its hard to sell me on a 10 speed with close to 1000 ft tq, the exhaust brake is better on the cummins and so is the engine itself.
A lot of people love those 10 speed trannys. The cummins is better, the allision transmission is better on the GMC though. In the end, at least around here, GMCs and Rams sell really well. I guess it's all what you want out of a truck. The ultimate Denali is more about luxury, so that may the driving force for some. I thought about going that way, but now I'm hoping my limited goes into production in the next week or so

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
According to the spreadsheet I’m officially the oldest order that has yet to ship….. Dealer says the truck is just waiting to get loaded on a train, hoping that’s true and it finds a train soon

cjh1669

Reaction score
According to the spreadsheet I’m officially the oldest order that has yet to ship….. Dealer says the truck is just waiting to get loaded on a train, hoping that’s true and it finds a train soon
My first bad order, by the dealer, was a few weeks behind you and it shipped on the 17th, my real order is a month behind you and hasn't even gone into production

pr3dict

Reaction score
Cummins is deff a pro for the ram but its still a 5th gen vs the GM's that just got a huge upgrade to the interior. It's also got better "tech?" And more luxurious ANDDDDDDDD it has a higher payload rating on the top trims. The Ram has airbags and cummings. However, it seems they both suffer from crap EPA DEF issues. So I guess it boils down to, is the cummings $6k+ better?

Oh and the GM's have telescoping steering wheels o_O

BigRig

Reaction score
My order was placed in Canada on December 6th for a 3500 limited Megacab SRW. Last week the dealer advised that the status changed from BG to BX. It’s been very slow moving, but seems consistent with everybody else’s order placed in Canada and the US.

Users who are viewing this thread