Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

CortexM0

Reaction score
My truck has been finished for over three weeks now and hasn't been shipped, while lots of other trucks ship out the same (or within a couple) days. Trying to understand the delays between production and shipping a little better, I crunched some numbers and came up with the following chart.

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 10.14.18 AM 2.png

This chart shows the percentage of trucks shipped based off of how long ago they were completed. (Week 1 = <1 week, Week 2 = >1 & <2 weeks, etc...). With one exception (week 4), this looks as one would expect. Trucks recently completed have a lower percentage. While trucks built longer ago have shipped a higher percentage. Then at 7 weeks out we finally reach 100% shipped.

You may notice that the x-axis on the chart doesn't correspond with the build dates (i.e. each week isn't the same width). That's because it's actually based off of number of trucks built. So the more trucks built in a week, the wider that week is.

Now jumping back to week 4 (2/4-2/10). From the trends, I would expect this number to be between 68%-78%. However, it's down at 25%. I wonder if this has something to do with the large number of trucks produced in week 3. All these newly produced week 3 trucks got parked in front of the week 4?

Disclaimer - Given the small sample size, skewed data set (coming from truck enthusiasts who are more likely to be early adopters), and my limited (possibly flawed) statistics skills, there's no statistically reliable data here. But I still found the overall trend to be interesting. Also, keep in mind this data is for completed trucks only. There are still some older orders not fully built that are not included.

pr3dict

Reaction score
My truck has been finished for over three weeks now and hasn't been shipped, while lots of other trucks ship out the same (or within a couple) days. Trying to understand the delays between production and shipping a little better, I crunched some numbers and came up with the following chart.

View attachment 52720

This chart shows the percentage of trucks shipped based off of how long ago they were completed. (Week 1 = <1 week, Week 2 = >1 & <2 weeks, etc...). With one exception (week 4), this looks as one would expect. Trucks recently completed have a lower percentage. While trucks built longer ago have shipped a higher percentage. Then at 7 weeks out we finally reach 100% shipped.

You may notice that the x-axis on the chart doesn't correspond with the build dates (i.e. each week isn't the same width). That's because it's actually based off of number of trucks built. So the more trucks built in a week, the wider that week is.

Now jumping back to week 4 (2/4-2/10). From the trends, I would expect this number to be between 68%-78%. However, it's down at 25%. I wonder if this has something to do with the large number of trucks produced in week 3. All these newly produced week 3 trucks got parked in front of the week 4?

Disclaimer - Given the small sample size, skewed data set (coming from truck enthusiasts who are more likely to be early adopters), and my limited (possibly flawed) statistics skills, there's no statistically reliable data here. But I still found the overall trend to be interesting. Also, keep in mind this data is for completed trucks only. There are still some older orders not fully built that are not included.

ChatGPT said this is rock solid science.

scdo

Reaction score
My order tracker makes no sense at all. It changed yesterday to an ETA of 3/09 (from 3/13 previously) but it still doesn't show it was shipped. I don't see how they're going to ship it out and deliver to the dealer in less than a week.

Regardless, I'll be stuck waiting for the dang recall because it was built days prior to them swapping over to the fixed relay.

1677862618164.png

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
For those who are still under the recall: Does anyone have any info about timelines for repairs and delivery?
My dealer is in the absolute dark so far, and my truck is waiting there for a fix.

Thanks.

ollicat

Reaction score
For all those wondering about the AMP steps fitting and working on 2023 Big Horn, CC, HEMI… they do! It is the same kit as the 2022. I picked my truck up earlier today, and they are awesome.
Their web page has not been updated, but the installation instructions are updated. So far it’s only for gas engines…
Diesel or Hemi?

Reaction score
For those who are still under the recall: Does anyone have any info about timelines for repairs and delivery?
My dealer is in the absolute dark so far, and my truck is waiting there for a fix.

Thanks.
From everything I read, my guess is that they somehow mixed up Gen 1 and Gen 2 relays at the factory. With that said, I believe that we're waiting on Stellantis to create a procedure for inspecting and replacing the relay for the dealerships to perform the fixes. Also, the dealerships will be waiting for the replacement relays to be distributed. Again, this is my opinion see the article in the link below:

"What To Do If You Own A Recalled Vehicle?
Stellantis will replace the relays for new internally fused relays on all affected vehicles through dealerships, free of charge. They ask customers to send them any receipts or proof of expenses that you may have paid out of pocket as a result of the issue for reimbursement. Stellantis will notify dealers and begin notifying owners around March 31st, 2023." https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/...-pickup-trucks-may-have-started-garage-fires/

filemaniac

Reaction score
Question on railcar tracking. @brv10 was kind enough to get me the railcar number TTGX973336 and estimated transit time data. I was using CSX' phone tracking and getting no movement (my railcar is supposed to go BNSF first, then NS) as the last update said "empty/released Mira Loma 2/16 9:26pm" which was definitely a couple of weeks before my RAM even came off the production line lol. However, today on a whim I called NS to check and I got "shipment interchange received, Eagle Pass, TX 3/1 4:13AM". Do I trust the NS tracking info and assume my truck is out of Mexico (or on its way at least)?

1677880637387.png

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Got tired of dealing with this cluster *#$% dart board scheduling crap. Bought another truck today. over 4 months, not even scheduled yet, options I wanted couldn’t get. For a truck that costs 6 figures, disappointed. Ram has no clue what they are doing and Granger didn’t help at all.

later everyone hope you like your trucks

b307a1

Reaction score
Got tired of dealing with this cluster *#$% dart board scheduling crap. Bought another truck today. over 4 months, not even scheduled yet, options I wanted couldn’t get. For a truck that costs 6 figures, disappointed. Ram has no clue what they are doing and Granger didn’t help at all.

later everyone hope you like your trucks
What did you get?

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Cummins is deff a pro for the ram but its still a 5th gen vs the GM's that just got a huge upgrade to the interior. It's also got better "tech?" And more luxurious ANDDDDDDDD it has a higher payload rating on the top trims. The Ram has airbags and cummings. However, it seems they both suffer from crap EPA DEF issues. So I guess it boils down to, is the cummings $6k+ better?

Oh and the GM's have telescoping steering wheels o_O
Which truck has a cummings? :D

bhal212

Reaction score
I went into production as well. Same schedule as yours.
Hoping for late March early April arrival.

No outside add ons. Should make it a little quicker.
I need to get my wife's Grand Cherokee sold before it arrives, so I am OK with the current estimate of early May... I have a lot of off site stuff going on so that seems realistic to me.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
What did you get?
Just bought a used truck for camping this year until I get to see the new Denali, looks years ahead of the ram. Will probably order a GMC in the fall. Figure ordering a GMC can’t be as bad as this experience. Ram is way over priced for 6 year old technology and crappy customer service 4 1/2 months and still no movement.

Users who are viewing this thread