Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

KM673000

Reaction score
What’s the scoop with 23’s? Waiting for the build and price to open up so I can order a Limited 6”4 Cummins HO 3500, getting worried they are going to start pulling features.

ollicat

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw the press release from Stellantis but they are doing a major announcement next month about the '24 HD models.

Tater86

Reaction score
What’s the scoop with 23’s? Waiting for the build and price to open up so I can order a Limited 6”4 Cummins HO 3500, getting worried they are going to start pulling features.
Order banks are open now, but some of the models are missing features. Seems like from the forums here the 3500 orders are going through without issue. Most of the issues are with 2500's

Tater86

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw the press release from Stellantis but they are doing a major announcement next month about the '24 HD models.
Can you provide a link? My assumption from another article I read is they will be potentially introducing a HO hurricane turbocharged 6 cylinder engine.

kennelpj

Reaction score
If you need the knob, should you have a 2500... :p
I bet if you were around when the lightbulb was invented you would favor the candle because "thats how its always been done!"

Sometimes there is just a better way, man.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I bet if you were around when the lightbulb was invented you would favor the candle because "thats how its always been done!"

Sometimes there is just a better way, man.
i know if i had a backup knob in my truck, id never live it down in our group. Let alone if i ever used it !

rossagge

Reaction score
Just saw this from a member on the 5thGen Forums. Computer ordering glitch not allowing them to create builds. Not sure if that's over with. Also, 2500 LH and Limited are only available with the Cummins as of right now.
2CAEE3DF-E875-4FA7-8614-3A4DB7388A54.jpeg

ollicat

Reaction score
Can you provide a link? My assumption from another article I read is they will be potentially introducing a HO hurricane turbocharged 6 cylinder engine.
It's buried in the info about small trucks

"Koval also gave us a little hint at more concrete Ram product reveals in the near-term. Apparently it will have a major Ram HD announcement in October. He wouldn't say what exactly, though. With Ford Super Duty getting a refresh soon, we wouldn't be surprised if the same will be happening with the Ram HD."

rossagge

Reaction score
Any ideas as to what's up with the Hemi situation not currently offered on higher trims? I know lower trims are spec'd more with gasser than the higher trims are, but as to why they are doing this, I do not konw...

rossagge

Reaction score
It's buried in the info about small trucks

"Koval also gave us a little hint at more concrete Ram product reveals in the near-term. Apparently it will have a major Ram HD announcement in October. He wouldn't say what exactly, though. With Ford Super Duty getting a refresh soon, we wouldn't be surprised if the same will be happening with the Ram HD."
You know, this could be why the Hemi is not available on the higher trims. Maybe the Hurricane will be the new gas option for those?

pizzatots

Reaction score
Is there going to be a 2023.5? Or a 2500 Classic? I just want to order a truck... so hard to throw money at a company.

rossagge

Reaction score
Is there going to be a 2023.5? Or a 2500 Classic? I just want to order a truck... so hard to throw money at a company.
Yeah, If it was my money, I'd wait a bit to see what they are planning. My thoughts are the announcement in Oct will be for the next Gen HD and engine options so on. Like some manufacturers have done and are doing, is to cut an engine option/other options just before they announce a new model or refresh and bring it back in an updated version (in this case, a gas engine), ie, canx the Hemi and replace it (with the Hurricane) the following year or as you suggested, in a 2023.5, dunno. All hearsay. It could also simply mean they are saving the Hemi for lower trims, since that's their big sellers, but why? Maybe follow what Jeep is doing on the Wagoneer. Only have the Hurricane option for the the big dog Wagoneer L. Ram is following suit by having that gas eng. option only for the LH and Limited trims. Or is there something up with 6.4 hemi production? Slightly different subject, there's a lot going on with fossil fuel vs EV too. The big push for EV, I think, is phasing out and changing how all manufacturers are thinking and in the HD world, it may be starting to creep in. Lots of things in flux. The 3.0 Eco diesel is being phased out, the Hemi to be replaced by the Hurricane (hearsay), but it's happening with the Wagoneer (only the L model so far). Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300 is going away (replaced by EV soon), new EV 1500 on the way. Soon, and I feel happening now with certain manufacturers, the most fuel efficient fossil fuel engines will be phased out, diesel, which will leave customers wanting for better fuel economy, then, in comes the EV to save the day. Big push for EV trucks.

Last edited:

pizzatots

Reaction score
Yeah, If it was my money, I'd wait a bit to see what they are planning.

I guess this is where I'm at... might as well hold off for a bit. Was planning to get the 6.4. Not sure I want the new motor, until its had the kinks worked out...

Tater86

Reaction score
I guess this is where I'm at... might as well hold off for a bit. Was planning to get the 6.4. Not sure I want the new motor, until its had the kinks worked out...
Yeah, I never try to be the first model year of something like that. Personally, I just want to order a dang Big Horn with an 8ft bed and the Level 2 equipment option. It makes no sense why they haven't been able to fix the system in over a week now.

rossagge

Reaction score
Nice vid on the what's going on with Ram, mostly light duty/1500...straight from the horses mouth! Also a shows the 12" gauge cluster. Mentions HD trucks and PW...eluding to an HD truck in the family. 2500 Rebel it seems...

West1986

Reaction score
Any ideas as to what's up with the Hemi situation not currently offered on higher trims? I know lower trims are spec'd more with gasser than the higher trims are, but as to why they are doing this, I do not konw...
I'm in the same boat. Want the 6.4 on limited

West1986

Reaction score
Order banks are open now, but some of the models are missing features. Seems like from the forums here the 3500 orders are going through without issue. Most of the issues are with 2500's
As of just a few minutes ago, dealership saying still can't order 2023 limited mega cab in the 6.4 hemi:/

rossagge

Reaction score
As of just a few minutes ago, dealership saying still can't order 2023 limited mega cab in the 6.4 hemi:/
Yeah, Heather at MD is telling me the same. She is gonna find out more, but she feels that soon the only gas eng. option for LH and Limited will be the Hurricane, but when will that happen?

dakejohnson

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2023 Limited 3500 at my local Ram dealer and the pricing was not what I expected based on the order guide posted previously but perhaps prices have changed and I don't understand how the tables work.

First the total for the D28M91 limited plus the Cummins Turbo diesel is 87176 vs 86176 in the order guide.

They also added the cost of options that I thought were included with the limited A69 Limited trim since they are greyed out in the order guide. This includes the AVF, AAN and AAU options. I thought these were all included in A69 but they have added over $3K to my total price. Any comments on these extra cost adders on what I think should be included in A69 would be appreciated.

They also told me that AVS Trailer technology group with the new digital 3.0 micro is not available due to supply constraints. Has anyone else had this issue with 3500 orders? BR, David

IMG_1798.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread