Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

rossagge

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2023 Limited 3500 at my local Ram dealer and the pricing was not what I expected based on the order guide posted previously but perhaps prices have changed and I don't understand how the tables work.

First the total for the D28M91 limited plus the Cummins Turbo diesel is 87176 vs 86176 in the order guide.

They also added the cost of options that I thought were included with the limited A69 Limited trim since they are greyed out in the order guide. This includes the AVF, AAN and AAU options. I thought these were all included in A69 but they have added over $3K to my total price. Any comments on these extra cost adders on what I think should be included in A69 would be appreciated.

They also told me that AVS Trailer technology group with the new digital 3.0 micro is not available due to supply constraints. Has anyone else had this issue with 3500 orders? BR, David

View attachment 44348
That order guide can be a bit confusing, but the options you mentioned are not included. I thought the same when I was looking at another LH. The greyed out boxes are confusing. Yes, pricing is changing quite frequently.

Edit: The grey boxes mean N/A. If you look to the left under the Option or Package header, it states what option or package code you must have in order to select that option if available.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2023 Limited 3500 at my local Ram dealer and the pricing was not what I expected based on the order guide posted previously but perhaps prices have changed and I don't understand how the tables work.

First the total for the D28M91 limited plus the Cummins Turbo diesel is 87176 vs 86176 in the order guide.

They also added the cost of options that I thought were included with the limited A69 Limited trim since they are greyed out in the order guide. This includes the AVF, AAN and AAU options. I thought these were all included in A69 but they have added over $3K to my total price. Any comments on these extra cost adders on what I think should be included in A69 would be appreciated.

They also told me that AVS Trailer technology group with the new digital 3.0 micro is not available due to supply constraints. Has anyone else had this issue with 3500 orders? BR, David

View attachment 44348
They put those other packages on there because they didn’t put A69.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw this from a member on the 5thGen Forums. Computer ordering glitch not allowing them to create builds. Not sure if that's over with. Also, 2500 LH and Limited are only available with the Cummins as of right now.
View attachment 44332

RamBox and 5th wheel prep have NEVER been an available combined option. They have always cancelled each other out.

Please link to the post.

rossagge

Reaction score
Last edited:

West1986

Reaction score
Was just told that they will not be allowing the 6.4L on longhorn or limited.. Possibly permanent delete for the 2023 HD...?! WTH

jsalbre

Reaction score
Was just told that they will not be allowing the 6.4L on longhorn or limited.. Possibly permanent delete for the 2023 HD...?! WTH
Source? That seems pretty unlikely.

West1986

Reaction score
It looks like HD RAMs in Limited/Longhorn trim for MY23 will be available ONLY with diesel engine. No Gas engine for these trims. Gas engine still available for Laramie and lower trims.
Let me know how would you like to proceed.

ME:
So they are permanently cancelling 6.4 on higher trims

Salesman:
For year 2023 yes, not sure but very possible it might be permanent.

Last edited:

pr3dict

Reaction score
RamBox and 5th wheel prep have NEVER been an available combined option. They have always cancelled each other out.

Please link to the post.
I was saying this the other day that it was crazy you CANNOT delete the rambox no matter what on a limited srw. I placed my order for a 3500 srw w/ 5th wheel prep and there was no rambox delete. I'm kinda worried but at the same time others have towed w/ the ramboxes b4. Will have a lower tow rating for sure and less maneuverability but shouldnt be drastic.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It looks like HD RAMs in Limited/Longhorn trim for MY23 will be available ONLY with diesel engine. No Gas engine for these trims. Gas engine still available for Laramie and lower trims.
Let me know how would you like to proceed.

ME:
So they are permanently cancelling 6.4 on higher trims

Salesman:
For year 2023 yes, not sure but very possible it might be permanent.
That seems awfully strange since they’ve listed it in both order guides so far, but I suppose we live in strange times.

I certainly hope it changes, as I really only want a limited (or potentially the new rebel) and a diesel would be a huge waste for my use case.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was saying this the other day that it was crazy you CANNOT delete the rambox no matter what on a limited srw. I placed my order for a 3500 srw w/ 5th wheel prep and there was no rambox delete. I'm kinda worried but at the same time others have towed w/ the ramboxes b4. Will have a lower tow rating for sure and less maneuverability but shouldnt be drastic.
Unless RAM has figured out how to mount a 7-pin/12-pin trailer receptacle in the RamBox, I don't think they'll build one that has both. It's never been an option. I personally would never own a truck with RamBoxes if I was running a 5th wheel. Too many what-ifs and too tight to gamble with it.

Rush to market a sketchy build system with new people due to RIF of knowledgeable staff (the great retirement) and you have broken order guides and dealer factory order systems.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Rush to market a sketchy build system with new people due to RIF of knowledgeable staff (the great retirement) and you have broken order guides and dealer factory order systems.

Interesting... Is this the issue?

West1986

Reaction score
That seems awfully strange since they’ve listed it in both order guides so far, but I suppose we live in strange times.

I certainly hope it changes, as I really only want a limited (or potentially the new rebel) and a diesel would be a huge waste for my use case.
Same here

Users who are viewing this thread