Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Your Phone will always have the latest updates for weather, traffic etc. I understand you want to use the truck's features but they hardly work on other brands as well like Sync for Ford and or Chevy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
If there not going to work don’t put them on the truck. That’s like saying I can listen to the radio on my phone, why do I need a head unit.

waveslayer

Reaction score
If there not going to work don’t put them on the truck. That’s like saying I can listen to the radio on my phone, why do I need a head unit.
That's also like saying my truck is a 2022, why can't they give me the 2023 upgrades for free?

g00fy

Reaction score
Your Phone will always have the latest updates for weather, traffic etc. I understand you want to use the truck's features but they hardly work on other brands as well like Sync for Ford and or Chevy

Yeah, but I really liked being able to see the weather radar on a big 12" screen at the tap of a button vs risking safety or a ticket fumbling around trying to pull up the weather on my phone.

Last edited:

waveslayer

Reaction score
Actually it’s not. If you purchase a truck with those features, they should work. Otherwise don’t offer them.
I mean we know smoking can kill but yet we still offer cigarettes to willing buyers

waveslayer

Reaction score
Yeah, but I really liked being able to see the weather on a big 12" screen at the tap of a button vs risking safety or a ticket fumbling around trying to pull up the weather on my phone.
Me too, Samsung, Google, Apple should build the units and manage it, not Sync, not uConnect etc...

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Me too, Samsung, Google, Apple should build the units and manage it, not Sync, not uConnect etc...

Would be nice to have one that received accurate radar imagery from NOAA. Would make it nice during Hay season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmonty

Reaction score
My truck came from dealer with FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD installed which from what I can find is the most current version yet last week I received an update failed message on 2 different days and since then it hasn't come up again. Anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    498.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2852.jpeg
    IMG_2852.jpeg
    695.9 KB · Views: 39

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Mine kept failing to update when I had update through WiFi turned on. I turned off the update through WiFi and it prompted me it was successfully updated the next morning.

Jmonty

Reaction score
I'll give that a shot, but i'm still confused on what it thinks its updating to with the most recent version already installed :)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot, but i'm still confused on what it thinks its updating to with the most recent version already installed :)
Your software is out of date. 23.13 has been the newest version for about 3 months.

Jmonty

Reaction score
Your software is out of date. 23.13 has been the newest version for about 3 months.

Good to know! Is there a reason it doesn't show that update needed when I go to "driveuconnect.com/support/software-update"? Is the current version tracked anywhere? I tried some searches to find a list or repo for versions without any luck. Thanks!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Is there a reason it doesn't show that update needed when I go to "driveuconnect.com/support/software-update"?
Yes, because that website is useless for radios that receive OTA updates. It will always show you are up to date.
Is the current version tracked anywhere?
You can find what the latest version is by getting a techauthority subscription and searching the TSBs.

I posted the newest version for anyone to install themselves a few pages back in this very thread.

zGhillie

Reaction score
Just got a update now prompt but I turned the truck off before I fully noticed. I’m already on 23.13 so there must be a new version

Users who are viewing this thread