Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
That's a great color, but my neighbor has that color so I went with Billet Silver. I'm with you on the color thing, leaving a F250 white work truck behind. Depending on the light the pics can be light or dark on the Billet Silver, but in the NE one I saw on a lot in January when I ordered it looked great. Getting delivered 16 Aug....allllllllmost there.

123zk

Reaction score
That's a great color, but my neighbor has that color so I went with Billet Silver. I'm with you on the color thing, leaving a F250 white work truck behind. Depending on the light the pics can be light or dark on the Billet Silver, but in the NE one I saw on a lot in January when I ordered it looked great. Getting delivered 16 Aug....allllllllmost there.
You will love your Billet Silver. Will hide the scratches and stuff marks really well. Mine is a Canadian order its in the rail yard in town going to take a week and halve to get out of there maybe 2. Dealer notified me on Friday. Ordered February 26th Laramie with Ramboxes. Dealer been doing a good job updating me when there is changes.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I loved it when I saw it! I liked most of the colors on a DRW. I wish I coulda got that Marine Corps green in the 3500...I wasnt ready to order in 2021. I also keep vehicles 12-20 years and I find most actual colors I get tired of in about 5. After raising some cattle I was all over the Delmonico Red name.... hehehe.....

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
View attachment 42319
We worked at it Wednesday evening and Thursday to get most everything on it. The only thing we lack is a 1.75 leveling kit and set the toe end. Bumper, tonneau cover, headache rack, steps, gooseneck hitch, bed plug, tires, 2” spacers, mud flaps, and the windows tinted…
The truck runs and drives like a champ, plenty of power and the transmission shifts great.
I’ve put about 200 miles on it and I’m guessing it’s getting around 18mpg.
The ride isn’t what I was expecting, not as rough as what I was thinking it would be.
The apple car play is very nice, no need to spend the extra for a navigation radio.
The truck is really to smart. We spent a few hours calibrating the speedometer with alpha obd and had to clear several codes that turned every light in the dash on. If your gonna have to calibrate due to going to a bigger tire I’d go with the AEV procal snap.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with everything, get the leveling kit on and I’ll be happy.

Last thing, being it’s a Bighorn It didn’t have led lights so I bought bulbs from RPM956, Fred’s lights are super bright and with the alpha I was able to set the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.
What a gorgeous truck. Congrats and enjoy!

DP340

Reaction score
Picked up the truck yesterday. Wife got to drive it first because of my knee surgery earlier this week. Got a couple pictures but they didn’t come out to good.

Attachments

• BB47DF6D-B2E8-42C2-BC8B-A4C3612F2F7A.jpeg
    BB47DF6D-B2E8-42C2-BC8B-A4C3612F2F7A.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 70
  • EF0BFF5F-C7D2-4ED2-AFAB-4CB72FA23608.jpeg
    EF0BFF5F-C7D2-4ED2-AFAB-4CB72FA23608.jpeg
    878.2 KB · Views: 68

2022grey

Reaction score
Delivered 8/2 drove it home today. Just a little over 4 months. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know everyone says it, but it’s worth it.
Delivered 8/2 drove it home today. Just a little over 4 months. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know everyone says it, but it’s worth it. View attachment 42317
looks like what I ordered nice ! Ordered mine 2-04-22 funny thing ram just sent me an email saying it was built and my dealer just called and said it was at rail yard in Portland Oregon and he was personally going to go pick it up tomorrow Monday morning 08–08-22 hope it looks like yours .

Attachments

• 6A75FCD3-6993-4659-8DAF-D1CFC9F0495C.png
    6A75FCD3-6993-4659-8DAF-D1CFC9F0495C.png
    805.3 KB · Views: 59

2022grey

Reaction score
Well I've had the truck for a few days now and I've found some things that could have been done better. 1) The Nav system has settings to show you where fueling stations are on your trip map. There are choices to select what grade of gas you want displayed on the screen as you drive. However I can't find any selection to display diesel prices. 2) There is some blacked out chrome trim (I have a night edition truck) above the Nav screen on the dash, it's outlining the area where the 12 volt plug is, this peace of trim reflects the sun right into your face when the sun is high in the sky (minor inconevience). 3) This one is directed toward the state of Oregon, in 2018 a new privilege tax was enacted that says if you buy a new vehicle you will pay a 1/2 of 1 % tax on the sales price of the vehicle. Now they charge the dealership for this tax but they allow the dealer to recoup their money from the buyer. Sucks. All in all I'm very happy with the truck and every option I purchased. My salesman was very helpful and friendly.
Did your dealer go pick it up from the rail yard ? Mine showed up in Portland on 7-29 according to my dealer ! They are planning on picking it up tomorrow Monday 8-8-22 if it isn’t already being trucked down to Eugene !

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
That lady has all the bells and whistles, nice! I see the ventilated seats in the B package, when was that ordered? They were in the A package when I ordered my 3500 27 Jan. Nine days to delivery....

2022grey

Reaction score
That lady has all the bells and whistles, nice! I see the ventilated seats in the B package, when was that ordered? They were in the A package when I ordered my 3500 27 Jan. Nine days to delivery.
That lady has all the bells and whistles, nice! I see the ventilated seats in the B package, when was that ordered? They were in the A package when I ordered my 3500 27 Jan. Nine days to delivery....
Ordered February 04

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize it was that early. I made it by a week..... old folks with kids gone...didn't need the rear heated seats or upgraded stereo system!

Last edited:

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
same here as well, i order my 5500 with the laramie lvl 1 pkg which came with heated/vented front buckets (A MUST for me lol) but no heated rears. When the dealer and i were going over the difference between the two laramie pkgs, it seemd that lvl 2 pkg was mostly just upgrading technology items vs creature comforts. If memory serves me correctly lvl 2 had things like the 360 cameras, nav, digital rear view mirror to name a few. But even lvl 1 still came with auto high beams, rain sense wipers, 8.4 uconnect, apple car play, google thinger, blah blah. My last HD ram was a 15 limited dually which has been my most favorite truck to date.... i cannot wait to see what this 22 has to offer when if arrives. Currently driving a 19 gmc denali drw, and while its nice, it feels like a dated house in serious need of a renovation!

i did order mine with the park sense, although i am unsure how that works on a chassis cab. I imagine the sensors and maybe backup camera are in a box and need to be plugged in? be curious to see thats for sure.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Ran across this on the web today:
Looks like production for the 2023 models is supposed to begin on 10/03/2023.
Only issue I see is that they are still taking orders on the 2022's, which by this information should have ended at the end of June.
Just some more erroneous information to confuse the H##l out of us playing the waiting game for our ordered trucks. :rolleyes:

1659976304322.png

mitts2

Reaction score
Ordered a 2500 Power Wagon L3 on 7/28/22 and got the schedule confirmation the next day. Build sheet and pic attached. Going to pre-order new wheels and tires (37s) so I can have them ready when I drive it home. Fingers crossed for a holiday season delivery. Pumped to join the Ram family.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 10.04.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 10.04.40 AM.png
    732.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 10.05.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 10.05.06 AM.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 30

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ran across this on the web today:
Looks like production for the 2023 models is supposed to begin on 10/03/2023.
Only issue I see is that they are still taking orders on the 2022's, which by this information should have ended at the end of June.
Just some more erroneous information to confuse the H##l out of us playing the waiting game for our ordered trucks. :rolleyes:

View attachment 42375
From what I have read '22 orders are ending this week

dylanj82

Reaction score
Finally placed the order for my '22 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW, VON # 56313737. Tired of waiting for the '23. Moving up from a 1500 after replacing the 27' hitch towed travel trailer with a 42' 5th wheel.

Granite Crystal, HO, 4.10's, Night Edition, Air Assist, ....basically everything but the 12" Uconnect, I still like buttons. Can't wait.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Finally placed the order for my '22 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW, VON # 56313737. Tired of waiting for the '23. Moving up from a 1500 after replacing the 27' hitch towed travel trailer with a 42' 5th wheel.

Granite Crystal, HO, 4.10's, Night Edition, Air Assist, ....basically everything but the 12" Uconnect, I still like buttons. Can't wait.
Welcome to the family of expectant owners!

dylanj82

Reaction score
Thank you! This is actually round two for me....my '22 2500 showed up and I rejected delivery for multiple paint flaws. Made me revamp the whole plan. Hoping for better luck/quality this go'round!

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Ordered a 2500 Power Wagon L3 on 7/28/22 and got the schedule confirmation the next day. Build sheet and pic attached. Going to pre-order new wheels and tires (37s) so I can have them ready when I drive it home. Fingers crossed for a holiday season delivery. Pumped to join the Ram family.
Ordered then scheduled in one day? That must be some kind of record! Put your build info in the tracker so we can watch the magic happen.

AGar15

Reaction score
For those who got their dealers to go pick up their trucks from the last rail yard for transport to the dealership, did they just offer or did you have to ask and encourage them to go the extra mile? I’m trying not to lose my interest rate that I got, and been asking for updates every other day and seeing if I can pay for a transport myself. Seems like they just say they have deliveries coming in and hopefully my truck is one of them, but no extra effort, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitts2

Reaction score
Ordered then scheduled in one day? That must be some kind of record! Put your build info in the tracker so we can watch the magic happen.

Submitted. Ya I don't know what I did in a past life that rewarded me with a 1 day order confirm / schedule but I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread