Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

superjoe83

Reaction score
Does any one know if there’s a way to just hire a transport to take the vehicle the final leg of the trip? The dealership says it just needs to be trucked from the rail yard to the dealership which is a 15 minute trip, but aren’t sure when that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My salesman personally went and picked up my truck from the railyard after it sat there for 4 days. The yard is about 20 miles from the dealer. Ask yours if they will do that for you

AGar15

Reaction score
My salesman personally went and picked up my truck from the railyard after it sat there for 4 days. The yard is about 20 miles from the dealer. Ask yours if they will do that for you

I asked the guy already and even offered to hire a 3rd party to transport it and he said no I couldn’t. So I’m not really sure

arx237

Reaction score
Wow, thanks. Really wishing I would have gotten Sandy at mark dodge. The guy I have is kind of a dud.
Naw, maybe not a dud, brv10 has better access than anyone at any dealership. In my case my rep at mark dodge "doubted anyone on a forum knew more than the dealer". They were proven wrong shortly after. There is apparently fca internal access and everyone else including dealer access.

killborn

Reaction score
For a big company, their shipping process is pretty terrible. Last week I received solid information from a member here that my truck had been offloaded at the Calgary rail yard. That’s almost 2 weeks ago. The dealer said he couldn’t see anything other than the truck was scheduled for arrival into Calgary Aug 10. He called the Chrysler manager who told him the same. Today the dealer called their rep again and found my truck had been parked in storage but not accessible because of “30” other vehicles blocking it from transport. He asked for it to be expedited and as far as I am aware it arrived at the dealer this evening. Now it needs to wait for PDI on Monday and hopefully I can pick up on Tuesday! It’s been a long 8 months but we are almost there.. now let’s hope no issues with the truck.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Naw, maybe not a dud, brv10 has better access than anyone at any dealership. In my case my rep at mark dodge "doubted anyone on a forum knew more than the dealer". They were proven wrong shortly after. There is apparently fca internal access and everyone else including dealer access.
Somehow, a couple of the sales people at MD are able to provide their customers with accurate info. My salesman has never reached out to me. He does reply quickly when I hit him up but I always have to request info. I'm not even going to bother asking about getting my truck expedited as I don't think this dude really cares to ask.

2500Ram

Reaction score
While on the journey to get my truck (still on it), I realized that the issue may no be with Chrysler. Once the truck is made you're at the mercy of the rail company. Mine was repeatedly and consistently stuck around the continent because of the rail company. On the other hand the truck was made 7 weeks after ordering, which is rather nice.

762fmj

Reaction score
How long has yours been at port Allen? What is the est delivery date? Mine was on a train somewhere around 7-26 but my sales guy at MD claims to have no further info. My est delivery date is 8-17. Just wondering how much longer this could drag on.
Interesting... mine went on a train 7/26, but I have an 8/22 date.

gator6

Reaction score
While on the journey to get my truck (still on it), I realized that the issue may no be with Chrysler. Once the truck is made you're at the mercy of the rail company. Mine was repeatedly and consistently stuck around the continent because of the rail company. On the other hand the truck was made 7 weeks after ordering, which is rather nice.

Affirm! Once built, you have to wait for rail cars, and that’s not a FCA or Dealer controllable item. Then once your vehicle reaches a rail yard, it’s at the mercy of how it’s packed in there and how soon a transport can get it to your dealer. Dealers may have a little influence here, but they can only request a VIN be pulled IF it can be reached.

I heard a few weeks ago the MD received 300 vics in for processing (?), and that’s a lot of vehicles to make a 2 hour transport ride and receive PDI. MD isn’t a large dealer, so that’s a tall order.

Mobrules

Reaction score
I have been asking my dealer to do this for over a week now. They are hesitant and not very helpful. I sent them a pretty nasty email yesterday. I mean it's only been 9 months so.......Ordered 12/10. But they don't seem to be in a hurry to get it the last 40ish miles.

Maybe they would actually be happy if I walked away. Dealer has mentioned the price increases since order and they are actually selling 10k over msrp. I had some choice words for him. Surprised I haven't been banned from the property yet to be honest.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
2D617B37-7283-4CDE-B45E-EA6F092CEB46.jpeg
We worked at it Wednesday evening and Thursday to get most everything on it. The only thing we lack is a 1.75 leveling kit and set the toe end. Bumper, tonneau cover, headache rack, steps, gooseneck hitch, bed plug, tires, 2” spacers, mud flaps, and the windows tinted…
The truck runs and drives like a champ, plenty of power and the transmission shifts great.
I’ve put about 200 miles on it and I’m guessing it’s getting around 18mpg.
The ride isn’t what I was expecting, not as rough as what I was thinking it would be.
The apple car play is very nice, no need to spend the extra for a navigation radio.
The truck is really to smart. We spent a few hours calibrating the speedometer with alpha obd and had to clear several codes that turned every light in the dash on. If your gonna have to calibrate due to going to a bigger tire I’d go with the AEV procal snap.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with everything, get the leveling kit on and I’ll be happy.

Last thing, being it’s a Bighorn It didn’t have led lights so I bought bulbs from RPM956, Fred’s lights are super bright and with the alpha I was able to set the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
How long did you sit at PA?
Honestly I have no idea. I ordered early June. I believe the 7th. Had an estimated arrival date of August 11th and got the text/call today. I haven't really been checking the tracker the last few weeks. Got a 4 month old and she's a damn handful and keeps me away from tracking the truck

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I have been asking my dealer to do this for over a week now. They are hesitant and not very helpful. I sent them a pretty nasty email yesterday. I mean it's only been 9 months so.......Ordered 12/10. But they don't seem to be in a hurry to get it the last 40ish miles.

Maybe they would actually be happy if I walked away. Dealer has mentioned the price increases since order and they are actually selling 10k over msrp. I had some choice words for him. Surprised I haven't been banned from the property yet to be honest.
They may already have an offer on your truck and just hoping you will walk so they can make a hefty profit off of another individual. There are still a lot of Stealerships out there who do customers wrong. I would expect the nasty email didn't help any. It may be possible the truck is already delivered to the dealership and is sitting in an undisclosed location on their property.

matemike

Reaction score
Just a couple things since taking delivery:

I recall the foam rubber cup holder door inserts were a "thing of discussion" a few hundred pages back. My truck came with one on the driver side.

My truck did not come with a hitch reducer sleeve. At least I have not found it. Not behind/under back seats, front seats, in storage bins, in glove box or in the center console.
ETA: Found it under the driver side rear seat under-seat storage. Found a new hidey hole too. There is a HK subwoofer on the passenger side rear seat.
And my cargo camera is not working. Blue screen. I read throughout this site that an over-the air fix is possible, but doesn't always work. Also found a zip file to download onto a clean usb so I can install this software patch myself, but the zip file is a year and a half old. Don't want to install something that old.

So I'm going to head to my local dealer (one that I told to pound sand 8 months ago because they were marking up vehicles $5k over sticker) to get these things resolved and to get the truck inspected anyway. Haven't had a day to get over there since taking delivery. Hope their service department plays nice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread