Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Matthewhibbs

Reaction score
Sorry, haven’t had time to update. I’ve had possession of her for about a week now. 2022 Ram 3500 C Laramie, Carli leveling kit, AEV 17” wheels, 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Westin R5 running boards. Getting tinted at the end of the month

Attachments

• 22A29E2C-2B80-4603-908A-361176346279.jpeg
    22A29E2C-2B80-4603-908A-361176346279.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73

pacnw1963

Reaction score
@pacnw1963
Any word yet ? If not call Aaron and see what’s going on.
Absolutely nothing but crickets...<chirp><chirp><chirp>

As far as I know she is still sitting in Port Allen (day 12). I was waiting to see if it delivered over the weekend and was hoping for a call yesterday. Plan on calling him this morning and get an update, figured I'd explain to him I have 2 checks burning a hole in my safe :D

Last edited:

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing but crickets...<chirp><chirp><chirp>

As far as I know she is still sitting in Port Allen (day 12). I was waiting to see if it delivered over the weekend and was hoping for a call yesterday. Plan on calling him this morning and get an update, figured I'd explain to him I have 2 checks burning a hole in my safe :D
You can get more out of Aaron then the others. I’d explain to him that your needing it for a trip, he can probably expedite it.

Anrkist

Reaction score
I have been asking my dealer to do this for over a week now. They are hesitant and not very helpful. I sent them a pretty nasty email yesterday. I mean it's only been 9 months so.......Ordered 12/10. But they don't seem to be in a hurry to get it the last 40ish miles.

Maybe they would actually be happy if I walked away. Dealer has mentioned the price increases since order and they are actually selling 10k over msrp. I had some choice words for him. Surprised I haven't been banned from the property yet to be honest.
This is what kills me, they literally DO NOT CARE, you walk away and they get to sell your truck (many having features that cannot even be ordered anymore) for over MSRP and keep your deposit. We have zero leverage in this situation, which is made ever more clear by the dealers apathetic attitude.

2500Ram

Reaction score
This is what kills me, they literally DO NOT CARE, you walk away and they get to sell your truck (many having features that cannot even be ordered anymore) for over MSRP and keep your deposit. We have zero leverage in this situation, which is made ever more clear by the dealers apathetic attitude.
This is the EXACT truth re: price/features. I can't speak for how the dealer feels when people walk but I do know that they are then free to sell the vehicle for a different price that may be higher. As an example if I cancel my January order Laramie right now and order another one right now it will have fewer features and a higher price. As it sits my Laramie has options that you can only get in some Longhorn or Limited. If you have an order in its worth keeping it open!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
You can get more out of Aaron then the others. I’d explain to him that your needing it for a trip, he can probably expedite it.
Spoke with Aaron and he sent an email to the yard to try to get it moving along. Like I already knew, dually's are the slowest to move because they can only go on the top level of the car carriers...but it is the nature of the beast

762fmj

Reaction score
Spoke with Aaron and he sent an email to the yard to try to get it moving along. Like I already knew, dually's are the slowest to move because they can only go on the top level of the car carriers...but it is the nature of the beast

I believe I'm also at Port Allen, not 100% sure. Maybe we can share a truck.

Fwiw, if the HALO drop is still an option I have a buddy with a tow business that can haul us out!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I believe I'm also at Port Allen, not 100% sure. Maybe we can share a truck.

Fwiw, if the HALO drop is still an option I have a buddy with a tow business that can haul us out!
LOL...I am in Baton Rouge today and tempted to drive over there and see if I spot my beauty. There must be over 500 vehicles in the lot right now, so probably pretty doubtful

762fmj

Reaction score
The carrier we work with in Jacksonville is about 2 weeks behind right now, I imagine Port Allen is even worse since the vehicles can't be picked up by just any truck. Plus the load time for a car hauler is way longer than dropping a container on a chassis.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
The carrier we work with in Jacksonville is about 2 weeks behind right now, I imagine Port Allen is even worse since the vehicles can't be picked up by just any truck. Plus the load time for a car hauler is way longer than dropping a container on a chassis.
There is always the HALO - one easy gate to get through once we take possession

joeycamp

Reaction score
Looks like things are improving... heavily optioned 3500 HO with every option other than sun roof. Less than 60 days from order date. I did notice last week the delivery date was August 23, but as of today it is TBD. Not sure why.

Getting excited. Once delivered, I am driving straight to Discount Tire to replace the Firestone's. Not sure why a 100K truck comes with poor quality tires. Hope the rest of the build quality is up to standards. This is my first RAM pickup, so I hope it makes a big impression on me. Came close to ordering another Super Duty. Hope I made the right decision.
We are neck and neck on dates and right above you on spreadsheet. Ordered same day and 4 days apart on KZ. Any word on shipping for you?

Attachments

• 1660072528178.png
    1660072528178.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

99mo

Reaction score
QuattroCS, I don't see your est. build/ship date on the Crowdsource sheet. Did the dealer tell you what it is?

QuattroCS

Reaction score
QuattroCS, I don't see your est. build/ship date on the Crowdsource sheet. Did the dealer tell you what it is?
Not yet, tracker also does not have the date. Plus the little internal birdie did not see one yet either.

Will ask dealer Thurs or Friday, as it is my bi weekly question date timeline to them.

Very weird d1 w/o build date....

99mo

Reaction score
Yeah it is. With the new models almost open to order, you would think at the least you should have a build date. Post it when you get the date.

RonWagnon

Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he gave me estimated ship date 8/30 but no build date.

Users who are viewing this thread