Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scooterbv

Reaction score
Any contacts or info at the Baltimore rail yard? Or maybe who does the trucking?
Koons couldnt care less and I need that damn truck already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Y

Yes - D1 on 08/03
When you are D1, your “ship” date is your “ship” date to the next stage of the process, which is your build date. And it will probably change. Mine changed 4 times, and it was built on the 4th date. But the good news is I have not ever seen it change more than 4 times. And there is nothing to say that your 8/30 date won’t be your build date. As we approach the 10/3 production/start date of the 2023MY RAMs, the pace has definitely picked up in Mexico.

As I have said for over 5 months….saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool: I have met some really great people here and it has been an enlightening ride!!!

RonWagnon

Reaction score
When you are D1, your “ship” date is your “ship” date to the next stage of the process, which is your build date. And it will probably change. Mine changed 4 times, and it was built on the 4th date. But the good news is I have not ever seen it change more than 4 times. And there is nothing to say that your 8/30 date won’t be your build date. As we approach the 10/3 production/start date of the 2023MY RAMs, the pace has definitely picked up in Mexico.

As I have said for over 5 months….saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool: I have met some really great people here and it has been an enlightening ride!!!
Thanks for the explanation - wouldn't it be nice if the dealer just told you that the estimated production date is mm/dd/yy instead of calling it a ship date?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation - wouldn't it be nice if the dealer just told you that the estimated production date is mm/dd/yy instead of calling it a ship date?
In defense of the dealer, it’s really not their fault. They punch in the numbers on the computer and see the data and relay it to us. Not really sure why they do it that way, but lucky for me I had people here and a really great dealer who explained it to me when I was a “new bee” expectant father.

QuattroCS

Reaction score

In defense of the dealer, it’s really not their fault. They punch in the numbers on the computer and see the data and relay it to us. Not really sure why they do it that way, but lucky for me I had people here and a really great dealer who explained it to me when I was a “new bee” expectant father.
The ship date is like the completion date for the stage.

It is probably an adapted system versus a whole new implementation and waa repurposed variable or stage designation.

If you look at the raw data, each stage has a ship{arrival} date.

statusCode":"D1","statusDesc":"Scheduled","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"2022-07-28","display":"Y","currentStatus":"Y","order":"2"

The arrival date is what they are using for ship date of the specific stage

pacnw1963

Reaction score
The ship date is like the completion date for the stage.

It is probably an adapted system versus a whole new implementation and waa repurposed variable or stage designation.

If you look at the raw data, each stage has a ship{arrival} date.

statusCode":"D1","statusDesc":"Scheduled","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"2022-07-28","display":"Y","currentStatus":"Y","order":"2"

The arrival date is what they are using for ship date of the specific stage
Damn son…LOL…that was waaaaaay too much for my “it was 5 o’clock hours ago” sedated mind and I am way to far gone in to my evening to even come close to comprehending that.

But I will bookmark this and review in the morning through clearer eyes and a cup or two of coffee…LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2500Ram

Reaction score
Any contacts or info at the Baltimore rail yard? Or maybe who does the trucking?
Koons couldnt care less and I need that damn truck already.

I am in Baltimore waiting to get to Koons too. I don't think Koons has any ability to do anything because it is still being delivered via the plan established by Chrysler. Our trucks should be leaving Baltimore via Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport. How long you been in Baltimore? My friend was there for 2 weeks. I've been there for a week so far.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I put a 1.75” leveling kit on this afternoon, left the dually around 3/4 high in the back, I’m happy with it now..
Went and weighed it, full of fuel, 1/2 tank of def, bumper, headache rack, tonneau cover, 5th wheel hitch, all my regular stuff, and me was 9600 pounds.
I was thinking high 8’s and now I’m glad I stuck a 16,000 pound tag on it.
Also surprised at how great the ride is and how good it handles with the leveling kit and the 2” rear spacers..

Scooterbv

Reaction score
I am in Baltimore waiting to get to Koons too. I don't think Koons has any ability to do anything because it is still being delivered via the plan established by Chrysler. Our trucks should be leaving Baltimore via Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport. How long you been in Baltimore? My friend was there for 2 weeks. I've been there for a week so far.

Ive been there since 8/2.
According to others, RAM policy requires 72hr window for it to be shipped from final yard. If they go beyond that window, the dealer can arrange other shipping methods. Thats what I recall at least.
I was the one the sales guy blatantly lied to saying 6-8wks when I ordered in Feb. i didnt believe him and he reassured me. Well her I am at 25 weeks still waiting and the sales guy has been mia for at least 2 mos.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Ive been there since 8/2.
According to others, RAM policy requires 72hr window for it to be shipped from final yard. If they go beyond that window, the dealer can arrange other shipping methods. Thats what I recall at least.
I was the one the sales guy blatantly lied to saying 6-8wks when I ordered in Feb. i didnt believe him and he reassured me. Well her I am at 25 weeks still waiting and the sales guy has been mia for at least 2 mos.

Probably got fired for making unrealistic promises to customers and them coming in all hot!

Lettikka

Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he gave me estimated ship date 8/30 but no build date.
@RonWagnon
You and I are brothers in this. I ordered on the same day, same truck in black midnight edition. The tracker went to "Scheduled" last week and my dealer called me on the same day and gave me a ship date of 08-30-22. Mine has to get to NC. Where is yours going?

sawpdx

Reaction score
I’m still discovering things about the new truck and came across this next to the tire Jack. Anyone know what it is and what it’s used for?

Attachments

• 9777DDB4-6AAF-420B-B4FD-779F0380AA9A.jpeg
    9777DDB4-6AAF-420B-B4FD-779F0380AA9A.jpeg
    517.2 KB · Views: 31
  • E17B1E53-AFDB-43DF-AC23-9E2FCB81C885.jpeg
    E17B1E53-AFDB-43DF-AC23-9E2FCB81C885.jpeg
    948.9 KB · Views: 31

kevin588127

Reaction score
Completed the financing today (I hope) on this one. Been a bit of a roller coaster ride but hopefully by this time next week, I'll be driving it. Not sure if this forum was a blessing or a curse but thank you to those that put in effort and thanks to the rest for keeping me entertained for the last 6.5 months.

For the most part MD has been great to deal with but my salesman was pretty tight-lipped with any info where as other sales people there seem very proactive. The PDI process went way quicker than expected. Financing didn't go as smooth as some have said. That part really bothered me as I had tried to have some of it lined up weeks ago but the sales guy said there was nothing to do until they had the truck. Had my penfed and military codes ready to go and still had struggles. The two do not stack, fyi. Hoping that the transport dept doesn't let me down.

Attachments

• 38365.jpeg
    38365.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31

99mo

Reaction score
Completed the financing today (I hope) on this one. Been a bit of a roller coaster ride but hopefully by this time next week, I'll be driving it. Not sure if this forum was a blessing or a curse but thank you to those that put in effort and thanks to the rest for keeping me entertained for the last 6.5 months.

For the most part MD has been great to deal with but my salesman was pretty tight-lipped with any info where as other sales people there seem very proactive. The PDI process went way quicker than expected. Financing didn't go as smooth as some have said. That part really bothered me as I had tried to have some of it lined up weeks ago but the sales guy said there was nothing to do until they had the truck. Had my penfed and military codes ready to go and still had struggles. The two do not stack, fyi. Hoping that the transport dept doesn't let me down.
So you could not stack the penfed and military discount? Was the military discount you tried the one that RAM offers like the first responder discount?

kevin588127

Reaction score
So you could not stack the penfed and military discount? Was the military discount you tried the one that RAM offers like the first responder discount?
Yea, I got verified online, which requires proper documentation. I presented them the code that was given to me. Got a call back saying they still needed my dd214. Then got a call back a bit later saying that it wouldn't stack. The penfed one says that it can be used with other offers. I did a quick search here and found others saying that the 2 wouldn't stack. I just said screw it and told them to run the penfed one. My TTL ended up being a few hundred bucks less than I anticipated so I'll take that win, lol.

joace

Reaction score
my order is just about 20 days after yours, also in D1 state, see my sig for timeline, probably our trucks will be on the same batch to build, so the estimated build start dates are close.

Users who are viewing this thread