Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
When I add items to the build, I focus on the things that either can't be added afterwards or would be difficult and costly.
I also skip things like Tonneau covers, rubber mats, etc because I don't see the point in financing them with the truck. Cheap enough to just buy and add myself.

beckty85

Reaction score
When I add items to the build, I focus on the things that either can't be added afterwards or would be difficult and costly.
I also skip things like Tonneau covers, rubber mats, etc because I don't see the point in financing them with the truck. Cheap enough to just buy and add myself.
Adding amp steps after is a PITA. Not just a bolt on install. So I’m definitely doing those. No way will I do the bed cover from the factory though. I’ll had the backflip mx4 after myself.

DougB

Reaction score
What are some must have options for everyone?

Debating on the following:
5th Wheel Prep
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps vs. Power Running Boards
Rear Backup Alarm
Dual Alternators
5th wheel prep - I have bumper pull TT and Jeep hauler, though. Rare chance I would tow a gooseneck with 2 Jeeps..
Power steps -they come down low for vertically challenged wife and kids
Trailer TPMS
Air suspension
Block heater - for those few nights in TX that are "cold" or freak week long winter storm
8.4 w/NAV

Absolutely positively will not get clearance lamps. If a truck was optioned perfectly as I wanted but had the lamps, I'd pass on it and wait.

Something I wish I could delete is the rear sliding window w/ defroster. I like a perfectly unobstructed back window like I have in my 2006 SLT MC. There's already 3 big headrests in the way, the slider adds two more blockages and the defroster is a mess at night, IMO. I'll look into what it will take to remove the slider glass and replace with plain glass from a Tradesman. Yeah probably overpriced for such a minor change but it's a big annoyance in a nearly $80k truck that I'd rather not have. And for those that will reply Digital Rear View Mirror, I have to use readers to see anything just beyond arms length clearly and the digital rear view mirror is in that range, unfortunately. Test drove one and was not a fan.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Uconnect 5.....? That’s the only thing I’m hearing.

That and the available 360° trailer camera package but I haven't seen an order for one yet. It's not unheard of that RAM announced a feature that didn't make it into production (Trailer TPMS, Trailer Camera Prep). the 19's got stiffed on both, the 20's got stiffed on the TTPMS. Both were able to be added DIY.

BDarlington

Reaction score
Any idea if Uconnect5 in the 3500 means the HUD from the 1500 will also be available?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Adding amp steps after is a PITA. Not just a bolt on install. So I’m definitely doing those. No way will I do the bed cover from the factory though. I’ll had the backflip mx4 after myself.
Aren’t the amp steps more than OEM price too?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
One of the options that I’ve always wanted (it’s also one of the cheapest) is the Instrument Panel Mounted Aux Switches. Will definitely be getting those.

beckty85

Reaction score
These dealers are trying real hard to make this an easy decision for me. As much as I would prefer the 1200 miles home from Washington or Idaho to the 1800 from Louisiana I haven’t heard back at all from those dealers. Sandi on the other hand at mark dodge has been in constant communication with me since I reached out.
Super quick to answer all my questions. Straight forward on the numbers. The only unknown is what the price Increase will be for 22’. She gave me the price it would have been if I got the 21, confirmed UC5. Trying to hold back and wait on the pricing so I know for sure but kinda want to get the order submitted and be at the front of the pack. The price change doesn’t change the fact that I will still be buying a truck either way ‍♂️
Pretty surprised that I’ve heard nothing back from bud clary and Dave smith though.

DougB

Reaction score
These dealers are trying real hard to make this an easy decision for me. As much as I would prefer the 1200 miles home from Washington or Idaho to the 1800 from Louisiana I haven’t heard back at all from those dealers. Sandi on the other hand at mark dodge has been in constant communication with me since I reached out.
Super quick to answer all my questions. Straight forward on the numbers. The only unknown is what the price Increase will be for 22’. She gave me the price it would have been if I got the 21, confirmed UC5. Trying to hold back and wait on the pricing so I know for sure but kinda want to get the order submitted and be at the front of the pack. The price change doesn’t change the fact that I will still be buying a truck either way ‍♂️
Pretty surprised that I’ve heard nothing back from bud clary and Dave smith though.
This was posted in the 2021 order thread about the new contact at Bud Clary. Maybe this will help.

Agree, Sandi has been great on communication and responsiveness.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
How far under invoice are you seeing from Mark Dodge? Wondering if it's worth the 600 mile drive compared to the Costco Auto pricing I get locally.

beckty85

Reaction score
How far under invoice are you seeing from Mark Dodge? Wondering if it's worth the 600 mile drive compared to the Costco Auto pricing I get locally.
Not sure what it will be with the 22’ but it comes out to 8.8% under msrp for my 21 build that they are basing my 22’ order on.

CI6

Reaction score
Indication is 5.6% under invoice, what % are you seeing from the Costco auto program

areohwhy

Reaction score
Am I missing anything? (I know I have almost everything lol)

2022 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4
Diamond Black Crystal (PXJ)
Cummins Engine (2HH)
Laramie Level B Equipment Group (A77)
Uconnect 5 NAV w 12" display (UBQ)
Night Edition (ASH)
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep (AHU)
Bed Utility Group (ANT)
Rambox Utility Group (AM8)
Safety Group B (AAV)
Snow Chief Group (AD2)
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN)
Towing Technology Group B (ADK)
CTR Stop Lamp w/ Cargo View Camera (LPD)
Power Deployable Running Boards (MY7)
Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats (GJX9)

beckty85

Reaction score
Am I missing anything? (I know I have almost everything lol)

2022 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4
Diamond Black Crystal (PXJ)
Cummins Engine (2HH)
Laramie Level B Equipment Group (A77)
Uconnect 5 NAV w 12" display (UBQ)
Night Edition (ASH)
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep (AHU)
Bed Utility Group (ANT)
Rambox Utility Group (AM8)
Safety Group B (AAV)
Snow Chief Group (AD2)
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN)
Towing Technology Group B (ADK)
CTR Stop Lamp w/ Cargo View Camera (LPD)
Power Deployable Running Boards (MY7)
Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats (GJX9)
Yep, 3500

Band1t

Reaction score
Well of course its your money. I just got to say that the new Chevy front end is IMHO god awful UGLY. I would go so far as to say its Pontiac Aztek ugly. Now the GMC is a decent looking truck. But the RAM interior is the best on the market plus its a damn good looking truck.
Aztek, yes good ugly. But then again I am partial to only one Pontic.

Attachments

• IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread