Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Someone in this forum said they spoke to a Salesman at bud clary and they were no longer going to be doing the pricing they were doing. Which fell somewhere around 10-14 %under msrp
Got it, thanks. Probably just that dealership. Hopefully they don’t, but you never know.

CI6

Reaction score
might be best to delay purchase till things settle down, makes sense they want to extract the largest profit when supply is tight

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do dealers expect any packages/options to change? Considering UC 5 seems to be the main 2022 improvement, I assume it would just be automatically included as part of the 2022 build and you won't have to make any changes once 2022 final details are released to dealers.

Looking to place an order this week, just want to be sure there aren't any gotchas since final details aren't released yet.

We haven't seen anything definitive on UC5 for the HD trucks yet.

There's an article on the sister site 5thgenrams about it coming for the 2022 1500, but no mention of HD. @redriderbob

The addition of the trailer 360° camera option might not require UC5 as they're using an external CVPM module to aggregate the cameras.

Last edited:

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I checked with my dealer yesterday and he said they don’t show any pricing yet for the 2022 builds. I’m waiting to see what the pricing is cause I’m also looking at Ford and Chevy. If I had my choice I’d just order a Ram but my wife doesn’t like how much smaller the back seat is compared to our 2020 ecodiesel. Also doesn’t like that the rear seat floor is still the old style and not flat.

looking to order
3500 Crew Cab standard bed 4x4 Big Horn with the 6.4
Level 1 Equipment
Heated seats and Wheel
Granite crystal with Night edition
Get a MegaCab. Plenty of rear seat room. Also the seats recline and you have room behind them. Plus when you fold the seats down they are fully level and you can put a ton of stuff there.

Akbison

Reaction score
Got my order in for a 22 last week. I noticed in the new build that there is a convenience package on the Tradesmen which is the 3.5 gauge info cluster. However in order to add that package you have to do the u connect 5 with Nav. It is not available with the regular y connect 5. Anybody have some info about this?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my order in for a 22 last week. I noticed in the new build that there is a convenience package on the Tradesmen which is the 3.5 gauge info cluster. However in order to add that package you have to do the u connect 5 with Nav. It is not available with the regular y connect 5. Anybody have some info about this?

I can't speak specifically to the 2022 cluster options, but in years prior there is a (standard) 3.5" B&W, a 3.5" Color, and the 7" color EVIC.

However, the mere mention of UC5 is a good sign for those expecting it!

Finn5033

Reaction score
Did the sheet for the 21, but then they realized they couldn't order one. Identical options just a 22 was ordered
My dealer said he doesn’t want to order one for me because they don’t have pricing yet. Are you guys ordering these not knowing what they will cost?

BRob

Reaction score
My dealer said he doesn’t want to order one for me because they don’t have pricing yet. Are you guys ordering these not knowing what they will cost?
Unfortunately yes. Unknown price, unknown lead time, somewhat unknown options (Assuming same packages with the exception of the probable UC5).

I have still yet to get a confirmation email for my order nor have I received any VON. Hoping to see here when others are getting any indication of their orders being accepted/processed.

DougB

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. Unknown price, unknown lead time, somewhat unknown options (Assuming same packages with the exception of the probable UC5).

I have still yet to get a confirmation email for my order nor have I received any VON. Hoping to see here when others are getting any indication of their orders being accepted/processed.
Since 2022 orders are planned to be accepted middle of next month, June 14 presently, I would think you're not going to get anything until after that date.

Bandit400 posted links in post 9 of this thread about the expected schedules from on a couple fleet websites. Here's the snippet for Ram HDs as of 5/19, the last time that page was updated.

1621954360906.png

If you assume 2 months from Production Start Up, you're looking at late Sept delivery. I would imagine these dates slip due to all the supply chain issues, not just chip shortages.

Finn5033

Reaction score
I checked on ordering an F350 with the 7.3 gas engine. I was told by 3 different dealers that they couldn’t guarantee I’d get the truck I want to order this year. I wanted an XLT with the black appearance package. That package shows as late availability.

My dealer doesn’t want to check into the Ram for me until he has pricing which is fine with me.

I test drove a 2020 Silverado 3500 last night. I’ve got the dealer doing a build and price on one of them for me.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I checked on ordering an F350 with the 7.3 gas engine. I was told by 3 different dealers that they couldn’t guarantee I’d get the truck I want to order this year. I wanted an XLT with the black appearance package. That package shows as late availability.

My dealer doesn’t want to check into the Ram for me until he has pricing which is fine with me.

I test drove a 2020 Silverado 3500 last night. I’ve got the dealer doing a build and price on one of them for me.
Well of course its your money. I just got to say that the new Chevy front end is IMHO god awful UGLY. I would go so far as to say its Pontiac Aztek ugly. Now the GMC is a decent looking truck. But the RAM interior is the best on the market plus its a damn good looking truck.

bchandler44

Reaction score
My 2021 order turned into a 2022 since there was a conflict with the options on it/didn't get submitted until after the 2021 order deadline. It got canceled out/same build was put in as a 2022 and accepted.

Got my VIN already on 5/17 and ram chat says 'gathering parts' whatever that means

BRob

Reaction score
My 2021 order turned into a 2022 since there was a conflict with the options on it/didn't get submitted until after the 2021 order deadline. It got canceled out/same build was put in as a 2022 and accepted.

Got my VIN already on 5/17 and ram chat says 'gathering parts' whatever that means
What dealership did you go through?

bchandler44

Reaction score
What dealership did you go through?
I went through Bud Clary in Washington. I worked with Phillip Olson on recommendation from everyone else in the area - he was awesome but unfortunately I found out yesterday was his last day.

BRob

Reaction score
I went through Bud Clary in Washington. I worked with Phillip Olson on recommendation from everyone else in the area - he was awesome but unfortunately I found out yesterday was his last day.
I've heard a lot of good things about Bud Clary and Phillip specifically. Best prices I've seen anywhere, I just couldn't justify making the 34 hour trip back to Indiana. Glad you got to work with him before he left!

DougB

Reaction score

Interesting. The VIN has N in the 10th digit for 2022?

bchandler44

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about Bud Clary and Phillip specifically. Best prices I've seen anywhere, I just couldn't justify making the 34 hour trip back to Indiana. Glad you got to work with him before he left!
That'd be a long drive. I'm only looking at about 5 hours but that beats any dealer in Oregon I've worked with. Never thought I'd see the day where I actually miss a car salesman lol.
Interesting. The VIN has N in the 10th digit for 2022?
Yessir, 10th digit is an N

Users who are viewing this thread