Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

eric326

Reaction score
Just for reference, I placed an order on 5/8 with Mark Dodge for a 22' Ram 3500. VIN and VON have been received.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for reference, I placed an order on 5/8 with Mark Dodge for a 22' Ram 3500. VIN and VON have been received.

Do you have a POC that shows UC5?

It would be nice to have confirmation on this to alleviate everyone's concerns.

If not, please post back (and tag me) when you have a build sheet. Thx

Last edited:

eric326

Reaction score

I do not since I ordered a Laramie and left it with the standard 8.4 (no nav upgrade). So it isn't listed as a separate line item to show the UConnect description. I did verify with my sales rep though, she insisted the only change she currently sees for 22' is the UConnect 5 update. We shall see I guess, but I can definitely tag you whenever a build sheet populates for the order.

eric326

Reaction score
What option list did you go off of and do you mind sharing pricing? Thanks
Attached is my options list, but as posted earlier, 22' pricing isn't out yet. I did build out pricing with Sandi from Mark Dodge for a 21' prior to the orders being closed out. She insisted that the 21' pricing/discount structure would stay in place for my 22' order; and, that they are not expecting major changes to the 22' pricing from Ram. Obviously this is a bit of an unknown at this point, time will tell I suppose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-151510_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-151510_Drive.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 224

mlink

Reaction score
That's amazing. If I recall, last year the orders didn't open up until 10/06. They were producing 2020s until September...

DougB

Reaction score
Attached is my options list, but as posted earlier, 22' pricing isn't out yet. I did build out pricing with Sandi from Mark Dodge for a 21' prior to the orders being closed out. She insisted that the 21' pricing/discount structure would stay in place for my 22' order; and, that they are not expecting major changes to the 22' pricing from Ram. Obviously this is a bit of an unknown at this point, time will tell I suppose.
Interesting that some folks got '22 orders in just as '21 closed. Perhaps Ram allowed them for those who were working with dealers on '21s but ran up against the deadline.

Hopefully, the '22 order window opening on June 14 will hold and those who got orders in early will get updates and those wanting to place orders will be able to do so without delay or issues.

I am curious to know if Ram operates similarly to Ford. From what I have gathered while looking into F-250s, Ford has to have 5 days of defect free builds before they will schedule in customer orders. They refer to that as the OTB (Ok to Build) signal. They build dealer lot and fleet orders from the Job #1 date and then customer orders after OTB date. Have read that OTB can take 1-2 months. I would imagine 2022s being nearly identical to 2021s for Ram and Ford that the defect free time frame might happen more quickly than years where there are many changes. Wait and see... and continue talking/speculating about it until then. lol

michiganeli

Reaction score
My 2021 order turned into a 2022 since there was a conflict with the options on it/didn't get submitted until after the 2021 order deadline. It got canceled out/same build was put in as a 2022 and accepted.

Got my VIN already on 5/17 and ram chat says 'gathering parts' whatever that means
Did the VIN come from your dealer or was it changed from von when you checked with ramchat

beckty85

Reaction score
Haven’t ordered anything yet and haven’t heard from anyone except Sandi at mark dodge. Although I would prefer the 1200 miles from bud clary home I will probably do the 1800 from mark dodge. Sandi has been super quick getting back to me and is super straight forward. 2 days alone in the car would be nice also.

BigOlMega

Reaction score

My late order '21 Window sticker just shows Uconnect 12.0-inch Display with Navigation No mention of any version.

areohwhy

Reaction score
What are some must have options for everyone?

Debating on the following:
5th Wheel Prep
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps vs. Power Running Boards
Rear Backup Alarm
Dual Alternators

beckty85

Reaction score
What are some must have options for everyone?

Debating on the following:
5th Wheel Prep
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps vs. Power Running Boards
Rear Backup Alarm
Dual Alternators
I’m doing the 5th wheel prep just cause. My trailer is bumper pull, but who knows what the future holds. Also doing power steps. Have no need for dual alternator or back up alarms.

Users who are viewing this thread