Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

StrayCat

Reaction score
Yeah, same struggling on the trade-in value here, it’s dropping week by week, I almost lost the similar saving get from MD order after quoting with multiple buyers. But can’t hold it any longer, have to bite the deal these 2 days. Not quite understanding how is market going, RAM increased a lot on the new models custom build, but seeing big drop on the used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just cancelled my deal, they screwed me so bad on the trade value from when I ordered it. If it was here now I lose 6500, if I wait a few more months they predicted $10,000 less on my trade .

I said F U very much, I’ll have my deposit back.

RAM/Chrysler just screwed me

DrTron

Reaction score
The trade-in value is purely the dealer, not RAM itself.
But if they downvalue your trade in so much, wouldn't you recover most of that if you sold it yourself?

phatboy64

Reaction score
Not sure where everyone is located but when I look at RAM site within a 250 mile radius of 01504 there are over 21 2022 3500 Laramie or Limited trucks on dealer lots....

StrayCat

Reaction score
The trade-in value is purely the dealer, not RAM itself.
But if they downvalue your trade in so much, wouldn't you recover most of that if you sold it yourself?
Yea trade in is the dealer , but RAMs delayed delivery has caused the trade in value to drop so much in value vs what they first quoted me. I cannot take that kind of hit. It will be even worse when the one i ordered arrives

Selling a truck privately is a PITA plus I still have no clue when my truck would arrive so I can not sell it in advance. And I’m not in a position to bridge that sale interval with cash

I pay cash for my vehicles and have no interest in financing one, so my choices have limited me here.

I will no longer be able to buy/ afford a new RAM HD, where as 6 months ago I could.

Lesson learned , don’t order a RAM. Go search for a dealer that has what you want instead.

DrTron

Reaction score
You've driven your current truck for half a year since the original quote, as have I, so some depreciation is to be expected.
Compare KBB to what the dealer gives you. You can always sell to companies like carvana with no hassle at all, although they don't pay top dollar, obviously.

phatboy64

Reaction score
^^^ One other point, 2023 are released so a 2022 even though it is new it is, or will shortly be, one model year old now. So it is like a double hit, more depreciation on the trade-in and on the new truck. I could be looking at it wrong.....

StrayCat

Reaction score
^^^ One other point, 2023 are released so a 2022 even though it is new it is, or will shortly be, one model year old now. So it is like a double hit, more depreciation on the trade-in and on the new truck. I could be looking at it wrong.....
I was not expecting to get exactly the trade amount they quoted in April, but a 6000 dollar hit is big. I hardly drove my truck to keep the miles off it.

And your right, if I held out for my truck to arrive it’s already a model year old and I’d be closer to 10,000 dollars lost on trade.

Im in Canada, never heard of caravana, but regardless, taking this hit simply means that the truck is no longer within my means to purchase , Be that via legitimate trade depreciation or what ever, The 6 month wait has killed my financial ability to buy it.

DrTron

Reaction score
6k, even Canadian, I'd definitely a hit. But do compare the Kelly blue book value to what the dealer is giving you.
Carvana is just one of several online dealers that also buy cars. I'm sure some of them also operate in Canada, so you might check out what they offer.

Depreciation of a trade-in during wait and used car market changes are things to consider when ordering. I ordered in April and knew that things would likely be different when delivery rolled around. After all, my truck would be half a year older.

About the model year, I don't know. I'm used for cars to be valued by actual age, mileage and condition, not necessarily by model year.

Deltron

Reaction score
Or, cancel your order and put in for a 2023 and grill your dealer about some inscentives to do so due to your long wait peroid.

I had the dealer price an identical truck for a 2023. It was $7,000 more than the 21 I ordered. Apparently I ordered right before the '22 price increase and of course the '23 increase. Yes, there will be a bit of depreciation hit but certainly not that much. Also I'll keep it until my days of towing toy haulers is done, probably 6 years or so making the depreciation difference rather small versus condition and miles.

kfscoll

Reaction score
If you’ve arranged a good deal on your new vehicle’s price from your dealer, just expect them to screw you on trade-in pricing. They’d love nothing more for you to back out of your order so they can sell it at MSRP plus whatever money they make on the next sucker’s trade-in.

I plan to sell my car to CarMax - they generally offer fair value and boy does it beat the trade-in goat rope or the hassle of selling on your own.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I had the dealer price an identical truck for a 2023. It was $7,000 more than the 21 I ordered. Apparently I ordered right before the '22 price increase and of course the '23 increase. Yes, there will be a bit of depreciation hit but certainly not that much. Also I'll keep it until my days of towing toy haulers is done, probably 6 years or so making the depreciation difference rather small versus condition and miles.
I get it...it is crazy, and when the supply chain issue gets resolved I don't see prices going down. Look how many people are buying at the current price...

phatboy64

Reaction score
Back in 2014 I had the same deal. Trade in was locked in. But back then it was 8 weeks from order to delivery.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Hi Mr. XXXXXXXXX

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

My logistics team has been made aware of your vehicle down at the Saltillo Assembly Plant. They told me that they are working to get out a large number of vehicles that are still at the plant due to a railcar shortage. They told me they would do whatever they can to get your truck loaded and shipped out as soon as they can but I was not given firm date. I will continue to check the status of your order daily and will let you know once I show that it has been shipped out and the ETA to the dealer at that time. I will light a fire under whomever I can, to try and get your truck shipped out as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns in the meantime.

Thank you
Mike MacDonald
Customer Care & Experience

Executive Referrals Manager
Office: 586 274 8085
Mike.MacDonald@Stellantis.com

panzr15

Reaction score
So Sunday was my 40 day mark of being stuck in KZ with no train ride. Previously the RAM Care case manager had told me that I needed to wait until 40 days to escalate my case. Called several times yesterday to do so, but she was always "on the line with another customer". Never got call back before she went home for the day. This morning I get an email saying my case was escalated, and that I would be contacted "soon"...

I tried calling again this afternoon to get a better explanation of when I should expect a response. A different RAM Care rep tells me that the office I just got my case escalated to, is in Florida, and was just evacuated earlier today due to the hurricane. Are you serious?! Either I just can't catch a break or RAM is using every conceivable excuse to give customers the run around...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Putting an individual at Stellantis, who has no control over the production or shipping of your truck, on blast will not get you your truck any sooner. Everyone is struggling with supply chain issues, parts availability, etc.... Good luck - hope it arrives soon.
its not putting him on blast. he is in charge of northamerican production. All the information I provided is freely available, if you search for it. If more people complained maybe they would spend less time having parties to open new jeep headquarters. At $1795 for shipping, the lack of rail cars is not valid. they could put every freaking vehicle they have on a boat and not cost 2/3rds of that 1795. They could hire hotshot drivers for half of the 1795. It is a logistics issue due to incompetency. Mike has no control over the shipping of a vehicle, other than maybe he can put in a request to have a specific vin pushed ahead. he is not high enough in the food chain. Execs really dont care unless it hits the stock price. If enough people compain to get the media involved; well then the shareholders care. You will see an massive turnaround. RAM is not having supply issues. They are having shipping issues. Ford and GM have supply issues. Stalantis never pulled back on its orders in 2019 and 2020, an oversight at the time. Ford and GM did. RAM had everything but chips, and that problem has resolved itself. Ford and GM were later to catch back up with material orders. My guess is Ford and GM will be back to normal by the end of 2023. RAM will continue to struggle if they dont get someone to fix the shipping issues in Mexico.

joace

Reaction score
You've driven your current truck for half a year since the original quote, as have I, so some depreciation is to be expected.
Compare KBB to what the dealer gives you. You can always sell to companies like carvana with no hassle at all, although they don't pay top dollar, obviously.

When compare with KBB make sure you check instant cash offer, not trade-in, I guess for most of guys already had order placed, e.g, from MD, they will not honor that trade-in value, just instant cash offer. For my trade-in quote with MD, they gave me exact some number as KBB cash offer. Maybe this is true for any dealer takes your order with under invoice price. Just set some realistic expectations, but FCA’s long delivery lead time really sucks in current fast changing market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread