Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
**UPDATE**
So the wifeand I have been sitting two weeks in GA because the dealer told me the truck would be here any day and had a del date of 23Sep. I called customer service and got the normal, look at the website. I pointed out it said it would be here on the 23 but had not shipped, so the data is wrong. I pressed for why the delivery date is listed and what it is based off of, he could not tell me. Told me to call the dealer. I called the dealer and they had no info. I asked them to call their dealer rep and lean on him. He said they had and he could not provide any information. SO, I took to Linkedin and sent a message to every plant manager, CFO, CIO, CEO, VP and Pres that I could find. Listed the order number and the last 8 of the VIN. I gave a brief explanation, that all i wanted was a valid explination as to why the truck is built and has sat for 2 months. 36 hours later I got a call from RAM HQ. The guy explained he is personally contacing the plant in Mexico and has demanded and explanation. He then asked what date was the latest that I absolutely needed the truck. Then stated that after I take deleivery, they are going to find a way to cover my cost for the two weeks we sat in GA. I feel good about it. Ill let you know what I find out. I also pointed out the trucks ordered in Aug, have already been shipped and delivered; while trucks ordered in March and Apr are still missing. He stated he would get to the bottom of it and let me know as soon as he found out.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a RAM manager. He mentioned that they had a hail storm down there that might have damaged some of the "built" trucks. Greaaaat!
I was told it affected 13k uits but they had all been repaired. Mine was one of them and has made it from JB to KZ. I think all of them got moved to the back of the line and left off the pick list, so they are just sitting there out of rotation. Dealer told me about the hail and repair. Shipping rotation is my opinion.

rMoose1776

Reaction score
**UPDATE**
So the wifeand I have been sitting two weeks in GA because the dealer told me the truck would be here any day and had a del date of 23Sep. I called customer service and got the normal, look at the website. I pointed out it said it would be here on the 23 but had not shipped, so the data is wrong. I pressed for why the delivery date is listed and what it is based off of, he could not tell me. Told me to call the dealer. I called the dealer and they had no info. I asked them to call their dealer rep and lean on him. He said they had and he could not provide any information. SO, I took to Linkedin and sent a message to every plant manager, CFO, CIO, CEO, VP and Pres that I could find. Listed the order number and the last 8 of the VIN. I gave a brief explanation, that all i wanted was a valid explination as to why the truck is built and has sat for 2 months. 36 hours later I got a call from RAM HQ. The guy explained he is personally contacing the plant in Mexico and has demanded and explanation. He then asked what date was the latest that I absolutely needed the truck. Then stated that after I take deleivery, they are going to find a way to cover my cost for the two weeks we sat in GA. I feel good about it. Ill let you know what I find out. I also pointed out the trucks ordered in Aug, have already been shipped and delivered; while trucks ordered in March and Apr are still missing. He stated he would get to the bottom of it and let me know as soon as he found out.
Well if you want to help a brother out, my order number is: 54019002 and my VIN is: 3C63R3PL6NG278366. I ordered 2/11 and was finally built 7/27 but sitting ever since with estimated delivery of TBD.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Well if you want to help a brother out, my order number is: 54019002 and my VIN is: 3C63R3PL6NG278366. I ordered 2/11 and was finally built 7/27 but sitting ever since with estimated delivery of TBD.
I have sent them a link to this forum, and the speadsheet of all the trucks. When he calls me back I'll insist that they look at the data. I will also see if I can get him to provide contact information to the group, so each person and contact him directly.

rMoose1776

Reaction score
I have sent them a link to this forum, and the speadsheet of all the trucks. When he calls me back I'll insist that they look at the data. I will also see if I can get him to provide contact information to the group, so each person and contact him directly.
Thank you! I know a bunch of us are frustrated with the lack of information being provided.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my CCSB Laramie (ordered 3/19) has been at KZ for 38 days and counting. However other more recent orders seem to be moving much more quickly thru all the various order stages

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I am now 48 days JB/KZLD.

panzr15

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

I was told it affected 13k uits but they had all been repaired. Mine was one of them and has made it from JB to KZ. I think all of them got moved to the back of the line and left off the pick list, so they are just sitting there out of rotation. Dealer told me about the hail and repair. Shipping rotation is my opinion.

Absolutely freaking love this!!! Awesome job! I'll buy you a beer for this if we ever cross paths

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Bv is literally one of the only sources of reliable information. I will say iam glad i did a late order 22. While it makes no sense to me ill probably get my truck sooner than some of you boys waiting 8-12 months. There should be some serious financial deals offered to those waiting these ridiculious times to simply keep them as customers. I know its not only ram though. Tough world these days

ASAND400

Reaction score
That's awesome and gives us hope.

McGuyver

Reaction score
You moved very quickly through the "Confirmed" to "Built" part of the trip. Sounds like you are making up for it on the shipping side. I thought mine was ready to ship because I got my window sticker, come to find out that you can get your window sticker but still be in JB status with vendors. There seem to have been quite a few guys get notice of delivery to the dealerships without the tracker coming off of "Built" so I am just hanging out hoping that will happen to me. Makes it tough to get the financing lined up for sure.
Same boat. Interest rate only loocked in for 30 days. Built 9/2 est delivery 10/23. Wonder how accurate that is

Reaction score
Dang man. Sorry to hear that! Are you SRW OR DRW?
SRW
They already have my money too! I've already been making payments. If I don't have the title to my lender (NFCU) by end of Sept. my APR gets jacked up.
The only bright side of this is that I only paid $51k.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 17

jk2119

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 2500 CCSB Laramie Cummins. It was confirmed on June 30th, and "Built" as of July 22nd...it's been sitting there for two (2) full months as of today. :rolleyes: I'm starting to get a little impatient. I was hoping to take it on a hunting trip out West at the end of next month. I'm starting to think that might not happen.
I take it you are in Michigan? Mine has been "Shipped" since 07-26 and still nothing. Mine was "Built" 07-26 as well. Mine is a 2022 3500 Laramie Mega Cab Cummins. Ordered it on 05-03. So much for the 3-4 months the dealer told me. I have a feeling it will be the 6 months mark if I am lucky.

Andrewvanh

Reaction score
@brv10 Hate to ask for help, but any chance you can tell me what the status of mine is. Ordered in March and still waiting. Finally built though. Thanks
ORDER NUMBER
VIN
3C63R3JL6NG293118

techman

Reaction score
Hang in there guys! The day will come when you get your trucks. I know it's easy to say from someone who just got his. But my 6 month wait had a lot of the same scenarios. Lack of information is rampant from FCA and there entire process is odd to say the least. If it's any respite the other big boys Ford/GM are same or worse believe it or not.

You have price protection if you have a signed POC and deposit and lock in rates now if you can with your dealer. I opted for the 36 month zero %....free cash and $750 rebates.

The guys here who volunteer their time with trackers, knowledge and insider information are the BEST! Keep the faith.

rMoose1776

Reaction score
That is the good news, no matter how long it takes, I only pay the original MSRP. I confirmed with the dealer. This is great since the price increased by $4k since I ordered.

AGar15

Reaction score
Truck is 15 miles away at another rail yard, from the destination rail yard. And then off to the dealership. Really hope this final part is quick. It will be 6 months from order on October 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rMoose1776

Reaction score
Truck is 15 miles away at another rail yard, from the destination rail yard. And then off to the dealership. Really hope this final part is quick. It will be 6 months from order on October 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! Hope the remaining miles are quick for you!

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 2500 CCSB Laramie Cummins. It was confirmed on June 30th, and "Built" as of July 22nd...it's been sitting there for two (2) full months as of today. :rolleyes: I'm starting to get a little impatient. I was hoping to take it on a hunting trip out West at the end of next month. I'm starting to think that might not happen.
Sorry to hear about your challenges. your date sounds like it may be affected by ecu recall. you can see my journey in the signature below. We all have a story to tell.
Feeling your same pain. "Built" since July 5th and still crickets on shipping/delivery. I originally had a scheduled delivery of 8/16... that has long since past.
It will pretty much be a used truck after sitting in the Mexico sun for 3+ months by the time i get it!
It's a real kick in the gut seeing guys with late-August builds taking delivery weeks after "built".
Sorry to hear about your delays
Do you know if a surround view camera can be added to a 2022 Ram 1500?
any option the truck comes with from the factory it can be added. you may not find the details you need in this forum, as it is geared to HD side (2500+), 5thgenrams.com may be a good resource for that. mine didn't have the option, I have to get mirrors with the camera, the front, and rear camera, all HD and fiber need to be run, along with the controller and some options enabled on the truck module. that is your basic list, for the part number for the 1500 you may have to do some research or maybe another member here can point you in the right direction.
Not sure how long it takes for dates to appear.... Anyone have any input?
it is a free for all. some update quickly some don't. your dealer or someone with access and knowledge has the ability to see and that system is kept more up to date than the tracker. I know mileage may vary with dealers and accessing the details. Ram chat is also an option for you and there is a whole post on how to decipher what they say to a status code, they don't share those anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread