Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

kfscoll

Reaction score
Probably got fired for making unrealistic promises to customers and them coming in all hot!
Ya know, they might have! I ordered my truck from Koons in late June and in every single email I’ve gotten from them they make it crystal-clear that they have no control after the order is placed and any estimates could be way off. I actually showed my wife one of the emails because they repeated the “no control” disclaimer three times in the space of one paragraph.

That said, I’m only at D1, but they’ve been really quick to reply to any emails I’ve sent them. In fact, I assumed they had at least a couple people working on these “group buy” orders because how quickly and concisely they reply. Hmmm.

Well, I probably just jinxed myself.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I’m still discovering things about the new truck and came across this next to the tire Jack. Anyone know what it is and what it’s used for?
I think it is a fuel filler funnel in the event you run out of fuel and need to refill with a fuel can. It inserts in the fuel filler in order to keep the spring loaded, do-hickey, what-cha-ma-call-it thingy, open and you can then add fuel

762fmj

Reaction score
Ya know, they might have! I ordered my truck from Koons in late June and in every single email I’ve gotten from them they make it crystal-clear that they have no control after the order is placed and any estimates could be way off. I actually showed my wife one of the emails because they repeated the “no control” disclaimer three times in the space of one paragraph.

That said, I’m only at D1, but they’ve been really quick to reply to any emails I’ve sent them. In fact, I assumed they had at least a couple people working on these “group buy” orders because how quickly and concisely they reply. Hmmm.

It used to be just Craig, but now they have a team handling it. When I emailed Craig I got back an auto response, a reply from a different person using a group buy email address, and then a reply from Craig.

Last time I used them I just emailed him and he called me that day.

AGar15

Reaction score
Man I can’t wait, just keep getting told for the last two weeks it should be at the dealership any day. The ram tracker doesn’t even show mine built just TBD for everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

762fmj

Reaction score
Man I can’t wait, just keep getting told for the last two weeks it should be at the dealership any day. The ram tracker doesn’t even show mine built just TBD for everything

That's wild, mine has pretty reliably updated 1 day after a status change

2500Ram

Reaction score

Mine is like 30 miles from the dealer and Ram Tracker still shows the shipping status as TBD. I think the Ram Tracker should be called the Ram Tracker Beta.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
7 more weeks of MY22 production. They better get busy if they are going to build all these they promised to build. We are only looking at a small picture here on this site of what is to be built.

Scooterbv

Reaction score
7 more weeks of MY22 production. They better get busy if they are going to build all these they promised to build. We are only looking at a small picture here on this site of what is to be built.

I have a lot riding on my 5500, currently D1, being built before the MY23 change over! So far its timeline is lagging behind my 3500 HO drw order from Feb.

sawpdx

Reaction score
FYI Oregon truck buyers…if you buy a new vehicle in Oregon, that’s never been registered in Oregon, from a Oregon Dealer be prepared to pay a privilege tax of 1/2 of 1% of the total sales price of the vehicle. If you buy from an out of state dealer it’s called a USE tax and it’s the same 1/2 of 1% tax. I wasn’t aware of this tax when I picked up my new truck and it caught me off guard when I was told about it.

QuattroCS

Reaction score

It used to be just Craig, but now they have a team handling it. When I emailed Craig I got back an auto response, a reply from a different person using a group buy email address, and then a reply from Craig.

Last time I used them I just emailed him and he called me that day.

It seems there are a few of us on this same build state timeline and then a handful of us in the Koons shipping brotherhood. Cool....

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Damn son…LOL…that was waaaaaay too much for my “it was 5 o’clock hours ago” sedated mind and I am way to far gone in to my evening to even come close to comprehending that.

But I will bookmark this and review in the morning through clearer eyes and a cup or two of coffee…LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
let me know when you are ready ROFLMBO

762fmj

Reaction score
FYI Oregon truck buyers…if you buy a new vehicle in Oregon, that’s never been registered in Oregon, from a Oregon Dealer be prepared to pay a privilege tax of 1/2 of 1% of the total sales price of the vehicle. If you buy from an out of state dealer it’s called a USE tax and it’s the same 1/2 of 1% tax. I wasn’t aware of this tax when I picked up my new truck and it caught me off guard when I was told about it.
Florida does a similar thing. No vehicle inspections so they charge something like 250 the first time a vehicle is registered in the state.

762fmj

Reaction score
It seems there are a few of us on this same build state timeline and then a handful of us in the Koons shipping brotherhood. Cool....
I like Craig, but something about the email I got back made me not really want to buy there and it's similar distance for them and for MD so I went to MD

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Florida does a similar thing. No vehicle inspections so they charge something like 250 the first time a vehicle is registered in the state.
I think what he is trying to relay to Oregon buyers is the charge the 1/2 of 1% tax. Oregon does not have a sales tax, so walking in to the dealer unaware of this new tax can catch them off guard. You and I on the other hand are paying in the thousands in sales tax - me personally, $6,728

762fmj

Reaction score
I think what he is trying to relay to Oregon buyers is the charge the 1/2 of 1% tax. Oregon does not have a sales tax, so walking in to the dealer unaware of this new tax can catch them off guard. You and I on the other hand are paying in the thousands in sales tax - me personally, $6,728
Huh, I got that it was an extra charge. Did not know that Oregon didn't have sales tax though! I'd definitely get sticker shock walking into that deal if I lived there.

762fmj

Reaction score
I feel bad. I ordered mine on July 22nd. Shows shipped and that date keeps getting better. But.. I already bought one two weeks ago as I didnt want to wait and I had no update or movement at all. I kept reading about how long the wait might be and needed a truck ASAP. View attachment 42488
You must have had perfect timing where they did a production batch right after and happened to have a train ready to go. I have the same delivery date but ordered 5/17. Not too long of a wait, but definitely not 1 month!

Users who are viewing this thread