Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Seems like Diesels are having lots of issues this year, I will check that new recall tomorrow. Cummins better get their act together, maybe the low fuel supply has them spooked

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
@brv10 I remember somewhere on this forum where someone posted how to track their truck while it's in transit, but I have been unable to find this doing searches and reading back through the threads it may have been posted. Mine was shipped 8 Nov and have an estimated delivery date of 15 Dec. Final rail destination will probably be the Baltimore rail yard since I'm located about 2 hours NW of Baltimore. I'm just curious as to the vehicle's current location. Any insight how to do this without having to pester you? My VIN is 3C63RRKL5NG421141.

gsjr07

Reaction score
mine went out for a bedliner also. built 8/1/2022 and nothing since. VON 55359673. That's quite a bed liner backup!

Lettikka

Reaction score
@brv10 I remember somewhere on this forum where someone posted how to track their truck while it's in transit, but I have been unable to find this doing searches and reading back through the threads it may have been posted. Mine was shipped 8 Nov and have an estimated delivery date of 15 Dec. Final rail destination will probably be the Baltimore rail yard since I'm located about 2 hours NW of Baltimore. I'm just curious as to the vehicle's current location. Any insight how to do this without having to pester you? My VIN is 3C63RRKL5NG421141.
It was in this thread,

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **​

A few months back. You should be able to search it with some keywords and find the pretty detailed proceedure.

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
It was in this thread,

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **​

A few months back. You should be able to search it with some keywords and find the pretty detailed proceedure.
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Very anxious to see the next statistics report. Both of the 2022 threads I have been involved with for the past 7 months have gone almost silent. It will be interesting to see if all of the inhabitants of these threads have had their trucks delivered or if everyone has just grown tired and hunkered down for a while.

ASAND400

Reaction score
Very anxious to see the next statistics report. Both of the 2022 threads I have been involved with for the past 7 months have gone almost silent. It will be interesting to see if all of the inhabitants of these threads have had their trucks delivered or if everyone has just grown tired and hunkered down for a while.

I think hunkering

QuattroCS

Reaction score
a little bit of both, i'm out of town since last week, i did take delivery and am almost at 1000 miles. I'll work on an update tonite

SGram

Reaction score
Useful link if you're wondering if your Ram 2500 HD is impacted by the recall: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/results.html?vin=3C6UR5SL4NG287011 , replace vin with your own.

Line 1232 in the tracker. Was told by my dealer that since my truck is sitting at Saltillo it won't ship out until the recall is addressed there. So, hoping that whatever stellantis comes up with is quick (like a plastic clip to hold the dipstick in place or an alternate blow-off vent on the trans). Pretty sure I won't see this truck for several months.

Rxpjlb

Reaction score
Useful link if you're wondering if your Ram 2500 HD is impacted by the recall: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/results.html?vin=3C6UR5SL4NG287011 , replace vin with your own.

Line 1232 in the tracker. Was told by my dealer that since my truck is sitting at Saltillo it won't ship out until the recall is addressed there. So, hoping that whatever stellantis comes up with is quick (like a plastic clip to hold the dipstick in place or an alternate blow-off vent on the trans). Pretty sure I won't see this truck for several months.
That’s not true. My truck falls in the recalls and shipped out Monday.

SGram

Reaction score
Good to know, my dealer has been wrong about the status of my truck order more than right (other than: we don't have it yet).

Rxpjlb

Reaction score
Good to know, my dealer has been wrong about the status of my truck order more than right (other than: we don't have it yet).
I understand. I’ve been hearing we don’t have it yet for 8 months. Maybe I’m getting close. Who knows.

AR2500

Reaction score
With a lot of members here posting order dates, VINs, and order details, there seemed to be value in combining the information in one place. I started to do this on my own, but given the interest, am making it public.

If you are interested in adding to this crowdsourced database, it would be cool if you did the following:
  1. Add your build to the list through the Google Form (link)
  2. Have a look at the combined list in the resulting Google Sheet (link)
Ideas/comments are more than welcome.

FAQs
What is the point of the crowdsource tracking spreadsheet?
To bring visibility to members of this forum to what trucks have been built and are being prioritized. While we'll never fully understand the prioritization Stellantis uses to determine what trucks to build, I believe more transparency is better. The more information we share with each other the better we'll be informed of what's going on across the broader production landscape.

Where can I get updates on my order status?
Your dealer and Ram Chat (unless in Canada) are your two options.

Does ODS have a special source for order status?
No. I'm just Joe Shmoe.

Where does info on the spreadsheet come from?
I check regularly for all equipment listings and window stickers. Aside from that, all info comes from members. The source of that info is covered in the next question.

Should I also sign up for Cryptostickers?
You might as well. They have a process to email you as soon as they see your equipment listing or window sticker become available.

Submit your info at https://cryptostickers.net/

How can I update my info?
There are many options. You can..
When will I get my VIN?
For US orders- VINs are typically available 2 days after your order has been placed by your dealer. Your dealer is the best source of your VIN. But you can also retrieve it from Ram Chat if you provide them with your VON.

Canadian orders seem to not have a VIN available until the truck is built.

What can Ram Chat tell me?
While Ram Chat won't provide status codes, you can sometimes tell the status of your order through the messages they respond with. For example, if they say you are in the "scheduling phase", you are in D status. If they say "all parts have been gathered and you are being sequenced for production" you are in D1 status and should reach out to your dealer for an estimated ship date.

What does D1 status mean?
Check the Build Status Codes thread for more info.

Appendix
For insight into all the known 2022 HD orders out there, check out the 2022 Ram HD Sequence Numbers dataset.
@ODS, I cancelled my 2022 order. AR2500, currently line 1521, NG363807. Many thanks!

Jwojo

Reaction score
So, I'm sure my truck is not the only one that was sitting out when it hailed. Here is the info we got from the dealer today. It was built July 19th with no shipment still. Just found out today it had hail damage.

Attachments

• Truck Tracking.jpg
    Truck Tracking.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.18.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.18.06 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread