Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
With a lot of members here posting order dates, VINs, and order details, there seemed to be value in combining the information in one place. I started to do this on my own, but given the interest, am making it public.

If you are interested in adding to this crowdsourced database, it would be cool if you did the following:
  1. Add your build to the list through the Google Form (link) Closed as of 12/1/2022.
  2. Have a look at the combined list in the resulting Google Sheet (link)
Ideas/comments are more than welcome.

FAQs
What is the point of the crowdsource tracking spreadsheet?
To bring visibility to members of this forum to what trucks have been built and are being prioritized. While we'll never fully understand the prioritization Stellantis uses to determine what trucks to build, I believe more transparency is better. The more information we share with each other the better we'll be informed of what's going on across the broader production landscape.

Where can I get updates on my order status?
Your dealer and Ram Chat (unless in Canada) are your two options.

Does ODS have a special source for order status?
No. I'm just Joe Shmoe.

Where does info on the spreadsheet come from?
I check regularly for all equipment listings and window stickers. Aside from that, all info comes from members. The source of that info is covered in the next question.

Should I also sign up for Cryptostickers?
You might as well. They have a process to email you as soon as they see your equipment listing or window sticker become available.

Submit your info at https://cryptostickers.net/

How can I update my info?
There are many options. You can..
When will I get my VIN?
For US orders- VINs are typically available 2 days after your order has been placed by your dealer. Your dealer is the best source of your VIN. But you can also retrieve it from Ram Chat if you provide them with your VON.

Canadian orders seem to not have a VIN available until the truck is built.

What can Ram Chat tell me?
While Ram Chat won't provide status codes, you can sometimes tell the status of your order through the messages they respond with. For example, if they say you are in the "scheduling phase", you are in D status. If they say "all parts have been gathered and you are being sequenced for production" you are in D1 status and should reach out to your dealer for an estimated ship date.

What does D1 status mean?
Check the Build Status Codes thread for more info.

Appendix
For insight into all the known 2022 HD orders out there, check out the 2022 Ram HD Sequence Numbers dataset.

Last edited:

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Added mine but not all of the info from the form response recorded in the sheet. Is that expected?

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Added mine but not all of the info from the form response recorded in the sheet. Is that expected?
Right now- yes. I'm working on the script/logic to add all the info to the main table as soon as the forms are submitted. I'll probably summarize some of the stuff in the terms we're used to.

I'm still in the phase of working out how to combine the data I input myself and the form submissions.

Thanks for adding your info!

jetrinka

Reaction score
I noticed I am in there twice. Spot 19 and 21

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
What do you think about adding a few status columns that we can add dates to? Like a D1 column, etc…

dgrover75

Reaction score
To fill in the blank columns. ... line 38 --- I ordered a 2022 2500 Laramie (6.4L Hemi; Olive Green if you add fields)

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
What do you think about adding a few status columns that we can add dates to? Like a D1 column, etc…
I think it's a good idea. It'll become useful pretty soon as production starts and it'll get really interesting to see which trucks go D1 and get build dates first. I'm just not sure what the best way is to collect that information. I'm open to ideas. Right now I'm focused on streamlining the process for this initial data.
To fill in the blank columns. ... line 38 --- I ordered a 2022 2500 Laramie (6.4L Hemi; Olive Green if you add fields)
Added. Thanks.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I’m not a google forms person (I am a programmer, but never google stuff). Could you add a “status updater” form that allows you to enter your vin or tracking number or forum name, select a status from a drop down list, then put the date in that it hit that status. When you click enter/submit, it would update the master list with the date for the column/status you selected?

otherwise you might be able to create a sheet that just has 4 columns; username, vin, status, date. A new row would get added with each status update. You could then have a script that updates your master list with the vin/username and status/date that is listed in this new sheet.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Those sound like reasonable approaches. Forms themselves aren't all that powerful. But it's possible to write Javascript App Scripts which are executed upon form submission to do the magic stuff. It's hard to tell how dependent fields in the form can be on the selection of previous fields.

Regardless, I think there will be a way to do it.

I'm not even a developer. Just a Product Manager who knows only enough to be dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread