Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

clw

Reaction score
My truck has been sitting still in Mexico for 2.5 months. Ram has "Escalated" my case and the dealer has done basically the same but still no movement. I ordered on 1-11-22 and received an email from Ram stating my truck would be delivered the week of 4-20, so I went ahead and sold my old truck on about 4-1. So now I'm truckless and it sucks for so many reasons. - Just thought I'd post my case and situation. Live and learn I guess! If anyone has any tips or advice I'm all ears!
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.20.16 PM.png

gt1guy

Reaction score
That is insane. Does the dealer not have any information to offer? Like, was the truck damaged? I am curious to know how some of you are getting so screwed like this, while other trucks are shipping within days of being built. Does DRW have any affect on shipping?

Dealer says it got to the Tracomex Saltillo yard on 8 April and the status is shipable. ETA was TBD. No change on his end since.

Reactions: clw

CFE

Reaction score
What did the dealer share with you at that time? An updated POC? A screenshot?

I think we’ve learned that unless a dealer shows you the evidence, they may not be trustworthy.

The tracker is new. But I don’t see any reason not to trust it. Although it does seem to be delayed by about a day.
True - it was just verbal over the phone. was hoping he was being truthful, 22JAN order date and still no truck :(

CFE

Reaction score
I got a status today from my dealership -- "It has a “2nd Rail Departure” status and an ETA to the Moncton Railyard of June 19. "
3C6TR5EJ5NG244318
what does the ram tracker show out of curiosity

IowaPW

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. When mine went from KZM to KZT the "Shipped" date at the top of the tracker changed to that date.
Same for me. The embedded code says something to the effect of "statusDateChanged". So, in that shipped bar, status will change from KZM to KZT...and uses the KZT date.

drodegeb

Reaction score
Same for me. The embedded code says something to the effect of "statusDateChanged". So, in that shipped bar, status will change from KZM to KZT...and uses the KZT date.
The data mine returns is something like that, these are the last 3 of the "orderstatus" entries. The "statusUpdateDate" under the KZM line changed when it went to KZT, it used to be 5/27/2022 when it originally shipped. The "arrivalDate" appears to be the latest date in the range that the dealer sees on their end, my sales guy told me that he sees mine with an estimated arrival of 6/9-6/20. Based on information from a little birdie, I traced my rail car and it is estimated to arrive at the end rail yard on 6/8, so as long as everything goes well, I should have mine before the 6/20 date, sales guy said 2-3 days from arrival at rail yard.

For those interested and know how to use Windows Powershell, this command brings it in and displays it, just replace {VON} with your VON and {LASTNAME} with your last name.
$(Invoke-RestMethod -Method get -Uri https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostz/cots/order-status/{VON}/{LASTNAME}).orderstatus

Keep in mind, since the tracker is only tracking a limited number of status codes, the code might not match. Ex. If you are KZT, you will fall under KZM since it is further along than KZM but not to KZX yet, your current one in the tracker is the line with the "currentStatus: Y".

statusCode : KZ
statusDesc : Vehicle Built
arrivalDate : 2022-06-20
statusUpdateDate : 2022-04-25
display : Y
currentStatus : N
order : 4

statusCode : KZM
statusDesc : Shipped
arrivalDate : 2022-06-20
statusUpdateDate : 2022-05-29
currentStatus : Y
order : 5

statusCode : KZX
statusDesc : Delivered
arrivalDate :
statusUpdateDate :
currentStatus : N
order : 6

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Line 1254 shipped as of 30 May. Awaiting railcar info from Renae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just wondering how you went about getting railcar info from Renae when it is available. After my truck was built, I had asked Renae at MD if she could send me the railcar info once my truck started to ship, but she told me that they are not privy to specific railcar info.

"Once it is on the train both the online tracking system and my system will tell us the estimated arrival however we are not privy to the specific railcar details."

RHINO69

Reaction score
Now that the status has been updated to shipped (so great to see), how can I track it further? It looks like some folks have somehow been able to determine what company's truck it's on or what rail freight carrier is being utilized? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 38844
For all the Mark Dodge customers:
Just spoke with Sandi. I had some questions about the finance process but we got into talking about lead times from factory to dealer (MD specifically). My truck arrived at Port Allen yesterday morning (11:44AM). Assuming the order tracker is accurate, it took one day from factory to port. Port Allen is 125 miles from MD. Dealership ETA is currently 6/10-6/27. MD's sales have over quadrupled in the last year and this has caused PDIs to take twice as long (48 hours average), once vehicle arrives at the dealer. I believe Sandi said they are currently receiving hundreds of vehicles, per day. Once the vehicle has been delivered and the PDI has been completed, and email and/or a phone call goes out to the customer. This can take anywhere from 48 hours to one week. From there, it is finance/take delivery time.

So, for anyone else who may have a similar ship date to mine, +/- a few days, your truck is probably at the port or will be shortly!

Reactions: CFE

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
I was just wondering how you went about getting railcar info from Renae when it is available. After my truck was built, I had asked Renae at MD if she could send me the railcar info once my truck started to ship, but she told me that they are not privy to specific railcar info.

"Once it is on the train both the online tracking system and my system will tell us the estimated arrival however we are not privy to the specific railcar details."

Actually, just received her response and she did not share any info unfortunately. She said it will arrive at the port 6/9 and may take up to 14-days after that before arriving at the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFE

Reaction score
For all the Mark Dodge customers:
Just spoke with Sandi. I had some questions about the finance process but we got into talking about lead times from factory to dealer (MD specifically). My truck arrived at Port Allen yesterday morning (11:44AM). Assuming the order tracker is accurate, it took one day from factory to port. Port Allen is 125 miles from MD. Dealership ETA is currently 6/10-6/27. MD's sales have over quadrupled in the last year and this has caused PDIs to take twice as long (48 hours average), once vehicle arrives at the dealer. I believe Sandi said they are currently receiving hundreds of vehicles, per day. Once the vehicle has been delivered and the PDI has been completed, and email and/or a phone call goes out to the customer. This can take anywhere from 48 hours to one week. From there, it is finance/take delivery time.

So, for anyone else who may have a similar ship date to mine, +/- a few days, your truck is probably at the port or will be shortly!
Kenny - assuming your truck shows shipped on the ramtruck.com tracking page?

RHINO69

Reaction score
Kenny - assuming your truck shows shipped on the ramtruck.com tracking page?
Yes. The image/screen shot of the tracker was attached on that post I made. Shipped 5/31, arrived at port 6/1.

Reactions: CFE

IowaPW

Reaction score
Yes. The image/screen shot of the tracker was attached on that post I made. Shipped 5/31, arrived at port 6/1.
It was probably shipped before then...if it went by train. It's a few days just from Saltillo to Eagle Pass. The date shown in the tracker indicates a "statusUpdateDate". So, if you went KZT...the shipped date will change to that.

Users who are viewing this thread