Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
My window sticker came up today. Ordered 12/15, build sheet 1/24, and window sticker 1/27 which seems really fast.

The MSRP went up about $1500 while we were finalizing the order during early December, and this latest window sticker shows about $1700 more increase since then.

What trim/engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHlonghorn16

Reaction score
I'm curious what parts are actually causing the delays some are experiencing. Limited / Limited Longhorn trims seem to be much much more delayed than other trims. I thought it was possibly the night edition that was causing this, however the Longhorn package does not come with the night edition available. I am almost 60 days into my order with no movement past "D" which is still not as bad as some. Anyone spoken with their dealers or have any idea what in particular is causing the delays? I had a friend order a King Ranch Powerstroke and from order to delivery he waited about 60 days, so Im just curious where the disconnect is at.
Not to add more confusion but I ordered my Limited Longhorn on 12/11 and it was built on 1/24 and currently in shipping status. Still waiting on an ETA for delivery. But I also have a friend who ordered a F250 King Ranch Powerstroke a few weeks before me and he just got notified yesterday that his will be built next week sometime.
All that to say...who knows

fdreyno

Reaction score
I think to understand which parts are the problem parts they can be determined from the changes in the trim package on the Laramie that happened last year as they went from Level A to B to C to D to dropping features unless you ordered a Limited (including the safety package). Examples are Blind Spot Monitoring, Power Mirrors, 360 Surround View, etc. That is my two cents worth...

rampulse

Reaction score
Shot past my first build date set for 1/6 and now hit my second build date (1/29) a few days early I guess. Just got my crypto email and verified the equipment listing! Must have been the tequila shots last night.

3C63R3PL6NG181894

ACEd

Reaction score
I think to understand which parts are the problem parts they can be determined from the changes in the trim package on the Laramie that happened last year as they went from Level A to B to C to D to dropping features unless you ordered a Limited (including the safety package). Examples are Blind Spot Monitoring, Power Mirrors, 360 Surround View, etc. That is my two cents worth...
But shortages seem to change as a function of time as parts come in and are used up. Trailer Tire Press Monitor Sensors were a hold up for many trucks and they all cleared within a 3 day period. BSM was a problem then it was not a problem. Longhorns were the fastest to build back in October, but now are slower than others. And Most of the older orders dont have anything unique that has not been available since Production began in August. Even colors dont seem to have that much effect - if color was available when you ordered it gets built - discounting the old orders that seem to have fallen into a black hole.

jlschwefel

Reaction score
I'm curious what parts are actually causing the delays some are experiencing. Limited / Limited Longhorn trims seem to be much much more delayed than other trims. I thought it was possibly the night edition that was causing this, however the Longhorn package does not come with the night edition available. I am almost 60 days into my order with no movement past "D" which is still not as bad as some. Anyone spoken with their dealers or have any idea what in particular is causing the delays? I had a friend order a King Ranch Powerstroke and from order to delivery he waited about 60 days, so Im just curious where the disconnect is at.
I ordered a Limited with Night Edition on 11/09/21. It is at the rail yard about 3 hours away from dealership now waiting for transport and they expect it show up any day as they have been only for a day or two to get trucks transported out of railyard. I think it really goes in batches to be honest. Watching the spreadsheet after I ordered it seemed like Limiteds were not really moving then a big batch of them got into production around same time.

oregonaggie

Reaction score
Question for the group, it seems like packaging and options have changed since I originally ordered my truck . If I rebuild online now it requires an upgrade Laramie package B when I add TTPMS. When My truck comes in will it have the Laramie package A (ordered with TTPMS) or B (required now for TTPMS)? Just wondering if I they will change the packages on me and what other changes if any I might expect.

jambram

Reaction score
Question for the group, it seems like packaging and options have changed since I originally ordered my truck . If I rebuild online now it requires an upgrade Laramie package B when I add TTPMS. When My truck comes in will it have the Laramie package A (ordered with TTPMS) or B (required now for TTPMS)? Just wondering if I they will change the packages on me and what other changes if any I might expect.
my understanding is you get what the options were when you ordered.

Uhohfiveoh

Reaction score
I ordered a Limited with Night Edition on 11/09/21. It is at the rail yard about 3 hours away from dealership now waiting for transport and they expect it show up any day as they have been only for a day or two to get trucks transported out of railyard. I think it really goes in batches to be honest. Watching the spreadsheet after I ordered it seemed like Limiteds were not really moving then a big batch of them got into production around same time.
The more I look at the data and try to find patterns, the more confusing it seems and it just appears to be almost random. It's pretty crazy really. Two people could order the same truck, and one might get his built and shipped months before the other. Maybe a geographic consideration is being made prior to build? Who knows...

Last edited:

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Just found the build sheet for the first truck I ordered before finding Mark Dodge. Build date for MD order is 3 Feb so it seems to be on schedule.

I went to the local deal site where I placed that first order and sure enough they have it listed. Over MSRP of course.

ElkRam

Reaction score
These random builds are killing me. I’m line 633 on sheet. Line 634 is about 450 VIN numbers higher, ordered on the same day 10/20/2021. Almost identical build as mine but his shows build sheet available. I called my dealer today and I’m still D. Wonder if they spin a roulette wheel to pick builds. 14 weeks in and I’m still not scheduled to build.

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
The more I look at the data and try to find patterns, the more confusing it seems and it just appears to be almost random. It's pretty crazy really. Two people could order the same truck, and one might get his built and shipped months before the other. Maybe a geographic consideration is being made prior to build? Who knows...
Its Alphabetical based on Buyers Name on Mondays, Dealers Name on Tuesdays, State on Wednesdays, City on Thursdays, and Fridays are random draw. On Even numbered Days of Month they start from front of Alphabet, but on Odd numbered Days, they start at Z and work forward. Thats for Odd Numbered Months. In Even numbered months, on Odd Numbered Days, they start at middle of Alphabet (L) and work Forward (L to K, etc) but on Even Numbered Days they work backward (M to N, etc).

Edit: And I forgot - they only do orders more than 3 months old on the 31st of months having 31 days - hence the holdup on those early orders - and dont get me started on February exceptions.

Last edited:

IowaPW

Reaction score
Its Alphabetical based on Buyers Name on Mondays, Dealers Name on Tuesdays, State on Wednesdays, City on Thursdays, and Fridays are random draw. On Even numbered Days of Month they start from front of Alphabet, but on Odd numbered Days, they start at Z and work forward. In Even numbered months, they start at middle of Alphabet (L) and work Forward to K etc but on Even numbered days they work backward (M to N, etc).
Are you sure you are supposed to be sharing the "secret code"?

Curleybill

Reaction score
Its Alphabetical based on Buyers Name on Mondays, Dealers Name on Tuesdays, State on Wednesdays, City on Thursdays, and Fridays are random draw. On Even numbered Days of Month they start from front of Alphabet, but on Odd numbered Days, they start at Z and work forward. Thats for Odd Numbered Months. In Even numbered months, on Odd Numbered Days, they start at middle of Alphabet (L) and work Forward (L to K, etc) but on Even Numbered Days they work backward (M to N, etc).
That's Hilarious! That white truck on your profile looks sharp. I hope that's pearl white because that's what I ordered

ACEd

Reaction score
That's Hilarious! That white truck on your profile looks sharp. I hope that's pearl white because that's what I ordered
May be - but can you prove its not correct?:oops:

Yes - Pearl White Longhorn with Cattle Brown / Black Interior

Sauksxs

Reaction score
I’m 94 days in limited Drw still in D status
3C63RRRL5NG192661

Curleybill

Reaction score
May be - but can you prove its not correct?:oops:

Yes - Pearl White Longhorn with Cattle Brown / Black Interior
Sounds pretty reasonable to me! By the way that's the exact same color scheme as my order.

JLHoughton

Reaction score
I'm 86 days in and feel your pain.
Also I believe you forgot the dartboard method as well. lol

Jeffster72

Reaction score
These random builds are killing me. I’m line 633 on sheet. Line 634 is about 450 VIN numbers higher, ordered on the same day 10/20/2021. Almost identical build as mine but his shows build sheet available. I called my dealer today and I’m still D. Wonder if they spin a roulette wheel to pick builds. 14 weeks in and I’m still not scheduled to build.

Yeah I think that is mine that you are referring to. It definitely seems random. The dealer I ordered mine from isn't exactly a large dealership either, so no idea. I actually thought the sunroof might trip mine up, but apparently not. Fingers crossed for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread