Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

St3v3n

Reaction score
5 weeks later dealer says truck is ready, I’m waiting an hour and a half before they come tell me the check engine light is on and throwing multiple codes.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
5 weeks later dealer says truck is ready, I’m waiting an hour and a half before they come tell me the check engine light is on and throwing multiple codes.
So definitely didn’t get it back then right? Let me know. I’m trying to keep the spreadsheet up to date and accurate as possible

Overland PW

Reaction score
Since your truck was identified under 71A I would like to include it in the spreadsheet if you’re willing to share some info on it
Well, I decided to fix the problem a different route. I traded it for a 2024. Gained the factory air ride.

We are in a situation with a very long trip planned this summer. Did not want to take a chance on the transmission going out.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to fix the problem a different route. I traded it for a 2024. Gained the factory air ride.

We are in a situation with a very long trip planned this summer. Did not want to take a chance on the transmission going out.
Can’t blame you at all.
Wish I had gotten your info before you traded it in, but very happy you moved on from that mess.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
***Aisin K1 Snap Ring***

If you experienced a K1 snap ring failure on your Aisin-equipped truck, PLEASE take five minutes and file a report to the NHTSA. They are in the initial stages of a significant investigation into this issue, and need to see reports and information from owners who experienced it first hand. You may also file a report if you have a concern that your truck may be affected by this issue, it need not have failed. You can file a report using this link:

There are roughly 360 trucks on my spreadsheet currently. If each owner took the time to file a report, that would be of significant help to the investigation.
If you have any specific questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via private message. Also, if you are currently on my spreadsheet and have not updated me with your trucks status, please do so ASAP!

St3v3n

Reaction score
7 weeks now and service says tech and engineers saying a new transmission is needed. I have a case manager and case number with US Customer Care (Ramcare?) I did complete the NHTSA.

kors

Reaction score
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this thread last night and just wanted to say thanks to the community for all effort to put together a resource like this- just amazing! I've got a Jan 22 build date on my 3500 and just shy of 10k miles with no trouble (knock on wood.)
Finally got my serial number for the sheet. Over 12k now and stiil good.

Attachments

• 20240413_161538.jpg
    20240413_161538.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 11

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got my serial number for the sheet. Over 12k now and stiil good.
Your transmission did not fail correct?

That transmission Built November 2021.
December

Edited: Thanks @AH64ID for catching my miscount. Note to self: no serial number calculations until I’ve had my third cup of coffee :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread