Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

95Ctd

Reaction score
So you took your truck in only to have the snap ring replaced under the CSN? It didn’t previously fail? (Sorry if you already mentioned this previously). You’ll have to forgive me, I have spoken to so many people regarding these transmissions that it’s difficult for me to keep track of them all.
Correct, i brought it in per the CSN and it had not failed.
Per the CSN notice stating it was affected, I called made an appointment for Jan 13th all they were able to accomplish that day was confirm all the open recalls and order parts for them.
Dropped it off a month later on Feb 17th when everything was in.
They completed all the work by Friday and that is the phone call I received.

Not sure if/how my truck would be added to the spreadsheet.
Purchased March 18 23' as a leftover.
Build date 9-22
Brought in voluntarily Under the CSN WITH ~8300 miles

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, i brought it in per the CSN and it had not failed.
Per the CSN notice stating it was affected, I called made an appointment for Jan 13th all they were able to accomplish that day was confirm all the open recalls and order parts for them.
Dropped it off a month later on Feb 17th when everything was in.
They completed all the work by Friday and that is the phone call I received.

Not sure if/how my truck would be added to the spreadsheet.
Purchased March 18 23' as a leftover.
Build date 9-22
Brought in voluntarily Under the CSN WITH ~8300 miles
I would like to add your truck to the spreadsheet. I just need the info.

Date you ordered (if applicable)
Date of manufacture
Date of delivery
Current mileage when it was taken in for repair
Date it was taken in for repairs
Date it was returned to you.

95Ctd

Reaction score
I would like to add your truck to the spreadsheet. I just need the info.

Date you ordered (if applicable)
Date of manufacture
Date of delivery
Current mileage when it was taken in for repair
Date it was taken in for repairs
Date it was returned to you.
Purchased March 18 23' as a leftover picked up April 22 23'.
Build date 9-22
Brought in voluntarily under the CSN WITH ~8,300 miles February 17 24'
Not returned to me yet, will update when it is

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Purchased March 18 23' as a leftover picked up April 22 23'.
Build date 9-22
Brought in voluntarily under the CSN WITH ~8,300 miles February 17 24'
Not returned to me yet, will update when it is
If you get a chance, can you grab the serial number off the side of your transmission?

95Ctd

Reaction score
Thanks!
You’re on the spreadsheet
I knew it was a possibility that mine would end up on there after I bought it. Looked at it in the past but not in depth until now that I am on it.
Has anyone narrowed it down to a specific manufacturing facility like they did with the 53 blocks of 20 years ago or a batch?

50% of the trucks that are on there (mine included) were built in the three months of Sept - Nov of 22'
Wonder how many more will be added once more of the CSNs start rolling in.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew it was a possibility that mine would end up on there after I bought it. Looked at it in the past but not in depth until now that I am on it.
Has anyone narrowed it down to a specific manufacturing facility like they did with the 53 blocks of 20 years ago or a batch?

50% of the trucks that are on there (mine included) were built in the three months of Sept - Nov of 22'
Wonder how many more will be added once more of the CSNs start rolling in.
As far as I know, the transmission is / was only manufactured in two facilities. One in the states, the other in Japan. I’m not sure how the production is handled between those two plants.

There were absolutely peak points during production where the problem was most evident.

As for the CSN, not sure how Ram is handling that because I’ve had more than a few recent K1 failures reported and many of them had never received a notice about the K1 issue nor were they flagged under the CSN

95Ctd

Reaction score
As far as I know, the transmission is / was only manufactured in two facilities. One in the states, the other in Japan. I’m not sure how the production is handled between those two plants.

There were absolutely peak points during production where the problem was most evident.

As for the CSN, not sure how Ram is handling that because I’ve had more than a few recent K1 failures reported and many of them had never received a notice about the K1 issue nor were they flagged under the CSN
Is there a way to tell based off the SNs which facility and add that to the tracking?
SNs starting with 2 are USA and 1 are Japan?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell based off the SNs which facility and add that to the tracking?
SNs starting with 2 are USA and 1 are Japan?

2 is the year, so 2022. The alphanumeric is the month. 2I would be a Sep 2022 build.

95Ctd

Reaction score
Dealer called me today said mine was done but it was shifting funny so they said they emailed diag info to star to see ifnthere was any info our about it. I did ask and they said they did do the reset and it is in relearn and seemed funny. Anyone have anything similar happen?
Email back to the dealer from diag told them to take it back out and tear it apart again that they probably messed up some seals. To be continued. I did confirm with them that the new parts they need aren't a month long wait again and they should have them tomorrow.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Email back to the dealer from diag told them to take it back out and tear it apart again that they probably messed up some seals. To be continued. I did confirm with them that the new parts they need aren't a month long wait again and they should have them tomorrow.
That has happened on many occasions. Unfortunately you’re not the first, probably not the last. Hopefully they can get it right and get you up and rolling soon. They’re pretty stingy about passing out complete brand new transmissions

95Ctd

Reaction score
That has happened on many occasions. Unfortunately you’re not the first, probably not the last. Hopefully they can get it right and get you up and rolling soon. They’re pretty stingy about passing out complete brand new transmissions
I'm sure they are stingy about it. I'm stingy about issuing free replacements in my profession. Just like most, leaves more for the profit share pool.

95Ctd

Reaction score
Got my ride back today, input shaft seals were the culprit on the recall fix. Everything seems as it was before it went in, excluding the shift relearning.

Last edited:

BCCA

Reaction score
Line 358 on your spreadsheet checking back in. Truck was rough shifting still so it went back in to a local dealer on the 26 of February. They ended up getting a new transmission for it. Today we got it back. Serial number says it's a January 2024 built transmission. Shifts fantastic again. I am really happy with it after the new transmission. Had to be without it for 22 more days but if the January built transmission is as good as the rest of the aisins it's way worth it.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Line 358 on your spreadsheet checking back in. Truck was rough shifting still so it went back in to a local dealer on the 26 of February. They ended up getting a new transmission for it. Today we got it back. Serial number says it's a January 2024 built transmission. Shifts fantastic again. I am really happy with it after the new transmission. Had to be without it for 22 more days but if the January built transmission is as good as the rest of the aisins it's way worth it.
I appreciate the update. Glad they were able to get you a whole new unit rather than rebuilding again. Hopefully this is the end for your troubles!

Overland PW

Reaction score
I am hear because I received the TSB from FCA in the fall of 2023. 2022 3500 HO. Dealership had the parts on order now since January. I have experienced zero issues with the truck. It has 4000 miles on it, 1500 towing 16k 5th wheel.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I am hear because I received the TSB from FCA in the fall of 2023. 2022 3500 HO. Dealership had the parts on order now since January. I have experienced zero issues with the truck. It has 4000 miles on it, 1500 towing 16k 5th wheel.
Do you mean the dealer ordered the parts to repair your truck proactively under Customer Satisfaction Notice 71A, but the parts have not arrived yet?

Overland PW

Reaction score
Correct, the dealer ordered the parts proactively, the parts have not arrived. Truck is operating normally currently.

Users who are viewing this thread