Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed mine made the same "chirp" noise from day one. This past Friday mine trans let go at just under 7000 miles .
Do I have you on the spreadsheet?

I believe that chirp you’re hearing is normal and something that goes away over time. Does it happen between 3rd and 4th?

gwh2493

Reaction score
Just confirming you have the aisin transmission?

Here is what I need to include you on the tracking sheet:

Date ordered (M/Y)
Date manufactured (M/Y)
Date purchased (M/Y)
Miles at the time of failure?
Failed while towing? (Y/N)
Lost forward gears? (Y/N)
Reverse works? (Y/N)
Date transmission failed? (M/D/Y)
you can add me to the list

Date ordered
Date manufactured not sure truck at shop
Date purchased (12/22
Miles at the time of failure 6987
Failed while towing? (Y)
Lost forward gears? (Y)
Reverse works? (Y)
Date transmission failed? (2/24/22)

gwh2493

Reaction score
Do I have you on the spreadsheet?

I believe that chirp you’re hearing is normal and something that goes away over time. Does it happen between 3rd and 4th?
Yes, between 3rd and 4th. I just got the bad news today on mine. Mine broke down 550 miles from home pulling a loaded trailer. It's currently sitting in a fleet/ commercial service center in north Atlanta. The guy I spoke with this morning said that FCA is only letting them order 1 repair parts kits every 7 days and that he has has 4 trucks ahead of mine that he has yet to order parts for. He also said delivery time for parts has been about 30 day from time ordered. He encouraged me to contact FCA customer care to maybe help expidite, and discuss reimbursement for rental fees.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
you can add me to the list

Date ordered
Date manufactured not sure truck at shop
Date purchased (12/22
Miles at the time of failure 6987
Failed while towing? (Y)
Lost forward gears? (Y)
Reverse works? (Y)
Date transmission failed? (2/24/22)
I just added you. See line # 119 on the spreadsheet for your info. I can add the info you’re missing as you are able to update me. Please let me know when you have new info or updates and I’ll adjust accordingly.

You are the 111th truck on my tracking sheet.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, between 3rd and 4th. I just got the bad news today on mine. Mine broke down 550 miles from home pulling a loaded trailer. It's currently sitting in a fleet/ commercial service center in north Atlanta. The guy I spoke with this morning said that FCA is only letting them order 1 repair parts kits every 7 days and that he has has 4 trucks ahead of mine that he has yet to order parts for. He also said delivery time for parts has been about 30 day from time ordered. He encouraged me to contact FCA customer care to maybe help expidite, and discuss reimbursement for rental fees.
If you should happen to speak with them over the phone, and you’re willing, could you ask them to read you the serial number off of the side of the failed transmission? It’ll be on a blue stamped metal tag. Something to the effect of “3J-1234”. If not no biggie. I appreciate you contributing to this conversation

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I noticed mine made the same "chirp" noise from day one. This past Friday mine trans let go at just under 7000 miles .

I’m about 1500 miles into the new one and it never chirped. It does shift more oddly than my last one did though. Clunky sometimes and hunts between 1/2/3 at slow speeds sometimes. I have AlfaODB and a cable, so I’m going to do a quick learn and try to drive it as normal as possible. I’m sure it’s me, as I’m not confident in my truck like I was before it broke down. I’m sure that will go away with miles, but apparently it will take more than 1500. Maybe when I go 5k over the original break down mileage.

Praying these parts kits do fix the issue, but the wait to order says they’re straight up manufacturing them as we need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m about 1500 miles into the new one and it never chirped. It does shift more oddly than my last one did though. Clunky sometimes and hunts between 1/2/3 at slow speeds sometimes. I have AlfaODB and a cable, so I’m going to do a quick learn and try to drive it as normal as possible. I’m sure it’s me, as I’m not confident in my truck like I was before it broke down. I’m sure that will go away with miles, but apparently it will take more than 1500. Maybe when I go 5k over the original break down mileage.

Praying these parts kits do fix the issue, but the wait to order says they’re straight up manufacturing them as we need them.

You got a complete transmission replacement correct?

Also, do you have a copy of that “wait to order” ? Is it a document?

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
You got a complete transmission replacement correct?

Also, do you have a copy of that “wait to order” ? Is it a document?

Yes I got a complete replacement.

No, when I said “wait to order” I was speaking to the other guys dealer saying they could only order one kit every 7 days. That just makes zero sense, unless they’re manufacturing them as they’re ordered.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I got a complete replacement.

No, when I said “wait to order” I was speaking to the other guys dealer saying they could only order one kit every 7 days. That just makes zero sense, unless they’re manufacturing them as they’re ordered.

Ok just wanted to make sure I had my info right

I understand what you mean now, and I agree!

Squash

Reaction score
mbarber84

Looks like you have just over 100 failures on your spreadsheet, yet there are only TEN complaints to NHTSA. All of these folks NEED to file a complaint, if there is to be any hope of forcing a recall by Stellantis.

Poker

Reaction score
mbarber84

Looks like you have just over 100 failures on your spreadsheet, yet there are only TEN complaints to NHTSA. All of these folks NEED to file a complaint, if there is to be any hope of forcing a recall by Stellantis.
I agree. Here is the link.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
mbarber84

I’ve said that over and over again.

111 trucks on the spreadsheet, only 11 reports on NHTSA. I actually went to them to share the information I had and they basically told me they weren’t interested in talking to me unless I experienced a failure myself….your tax dollars at work! I’ve been collecting the info since 1/10. 49 days later there’s 111 trucks on it. That’s two a day.

NorCalHORam05

Reaction score
We reported ours to the NHTSA in February.

We're waiting on a complete transmission. They were on engineering hold until 3/15 but were told last week that it changed to 4/15. Ram cares basically suspended our case as there isn't anything they can do. Supposedly expediting is trying to see if they can get one faster. Not holding my breath. The wife wants to lemon law it if they move the date forward again.

jchangras

Reaction score
My 2023 has shipped to the dealer now also. I can go "look" at it once it arrives. No sale until the relay recall is fixed. Asked if they were going to fix the tranny as well. They said "if a recall comes in before you pick it up we will". I guess I'll have another truck to add to the list if it doesn't get fixed when i pick it up!! But who knows when that will be.
Several people I’ve talked to recently have mentioned that the snap ring was one of a select few parts on extended backorder. I’m wondering if they’re attempting to run a new batch of them to make certain they are in spec. Would be a similar scenario to the current grid heater relay recall. They know they have a problem, they know how it has to be fixed, but they need time to get the new parts manufactured and ready for field installation.

gwh2493

Reaction score
I’ve said that over and over again.

111 trucks on the spreadsheet, only 11 reports on NHTSA. I actually went to them to share the information I had and they basically told me they weren’t interested in talking to me unless I experienced a failure myself….your tax dollars at work! I’ve been collecting the info since 1/10. 49 days later there’s 111 trucks on it. That’s two a day.
I just filed complaint with NHTSA. I attached spreadsheet as well (with column of owners names removed) with all known comfirmed K1 failures

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are currently listed on the tracking spreadsheet as “truck down” in red please let me know if you have had your truck repaired and returned to you. I’m trying to update the sheet so that it is current. Thank you!

aearles

Reaction score
Quick upda
@aearles thanks for updating us. I’ll update your truck as back in service on my sheet. What date was it returned to you? I’ve been using the sheet to track the turn-around time on repair. Also, please keep us updated on the reimbursement situation if you can, that seems to be a sticking point for some.
Ram Customer Care did eventually reimburse me for the full amount of my F350 renal ($85/day for 44 days), they initially cut a check for a smaller amount and I had to ask them about the rest which they attributed to a mistake and issued a check for the remainder of the full amount. All good bow but it took some time.

Also I’ve been asking them for weeks to confirm whether the updated trans part# was specifically to address the issue outlined in this TSB and what the release date of the AB revision was. They’ve been waiting on Tech Support and Parts for an answer, finally they came back today with a response of “it’s the most up to date part available.” So I’ve pressed them again but don’t expect much.

Brannon

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. First of all thanks to the OP for this amazing thread. This info has been priceless. Just to know I’m not alone and to know how to communicate what needs to happen to the dealership has been gold.
As far as an update on my Ram… Feb 1st my ‘22 Ram’s Aisin went kaput crossing into Florida. I am still waiting for all parts to arrive as of today. Crossing my fingers the parts will arrive in the next week or so as I’ve been told. Dealing with Ram warranty over rentals and my useless case manager has been the worst part of this. I won’t go into details but it’s pretty embarrassing for the company. Stick to your guns guys, demand what you need, don’t settle.
I’ve always been a Ford guy but made the switch with this truck, still no regrets as long as they get this figured out soon. Love the Limited Longhorn!!!
(FYI yes my info is in the form, but I still need to get you my transmissions serial number to you.)

Which brings me to my question. Has there been any stories of people who have had success with the repairs vs replacements yet?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Very glad the information has been helpful and you are certainly not alone. As far as a successful application of the “TSB parts kit”, yes there has been only one that I am aware of so far, and one that was unsuccessful. @5001craig ‘s truck was successfully repaired not long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread