Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
To get my transmission repaired, I live in northern New Mexico and they can’t get the parts they say or grease or transmission fluid . So they can’t do the fix on my truck I have called 4 dealership in my area and all the same call back in a month we will put u on a list. I have less than 7,000 miles on the truck. IMHO I think they don’t have mechanics that can fix it . They don’t even have a tech that understands this is a ho Cummins which has an asian transmission. Do I think that shows incompetence
That’s unbelievable. Sorry you’re getting treated that way. Have you attempted to reach out to someone with Ram customer care?

Adam06

Reaction score
That’s unbelievable. Sorry you’re getting treated that way. Have you attempted to reach out to someone with Ram customer care?
Four times and they said they can’t do anything. The s$it part of it all is my son is disabled and the truck is used to carry him and his wheelchair and we got stranded and they said to get a rental from the dealership they did not have any thing and said to call ram cares and nothing. Yes this is not what I expected for my first ram . But on a budget and just is what it is I guess

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Four times and they said they can’t do anything. The s$it part of it all is my son is disabled and the truck is used to carry him and his wheelchair and we got stranded and they said to get a rental from the dealership they did not have any thing and said to call ram cares and nothing. Yes this is not what I expected for my first ram . But on a budget and just is what it is I guess
Does your state have any out-of-service for 30 days clause in lemon law? Could also attempt to plead your case with NCDS. Several people have had success in getting the trucks bought back through them.

Adam06

Reaction score
Does your state have any out-of-service for 30 days clause in lemon law? Could also attempt to plead your case with NCDS. Several people have had success in getting the trucks bought back through themselves
Yea I think so but have invested 10,000 in after market parts for my son and don’t think I would get that back. Can’t afford an attorney these dealerships told me they could put me in a new truck but I paid 68,000 for the truck 10,000 for adaptive equipment to carry my son. They wanted to give me 49,000 for the truck with 7,000 miles .

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea I think so but have invested 10,000 in after market parts for my son and don’t think I would get that back. Can’t afford an attorney these dealerships told me they could put me in a new truck but I paid 68,000 for the truck 10,000 for adaptive equipment to carry my son. They wanted to give me 49,000 for the truck with 7,000 miles .
Beyond frustrating for sure.
It has been, and continues to be a baffling situation to me. Some K1 failures are repaired in under 30 days (even recently despite the strike) while others are months upon months and still waiting.

Adam06

Reaction score
It has been, and continues to be a baffling situation to me. Some K1 failures are repaired in under 30 days (even recently despite the strike) while others are months upon months and still waiting.
I would like to know if any dealerships around me can do it I am not to far from Colorado and can take it there. Here in New Mexico I just can’t get nothing done. Still waiting on grid heater relay and dpf sensor as well. Maybe some one out there can lead me to a dealership that is up to par

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to know if any dealerships around me can do it I am not to far from Colorado and can take it there. Here in New Mexico I just can’t get nothing done. Still waiting on grid heater relay and dpf sensor as well. Maybe some one out there can lead me to a dealership that is up to par
There has to be a better dealer that can get you squared away. I’ll see if I can find some info. Hopefully others in your area or Colorado can chime in

Ionicbrick

Reaction score

I’m in CO and the dealer in Golden helped with mine. I could call my service advisor over there and see if she thinks she can get you on the road faster. They’re been great with all the stuff that’s gone on with my truck…

Is your truck out of service? How would you get it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam06

Reaction score
I’m in CO and the dealer in Golden helped with mine. I could call my service advisor over there and see if she thinks she can get you on the road faster. They’re been great with all the stuff that’s gone on with my truck…

No it’s drivable , I would love to have their contact info. Thanks

Adam06

Reaction score

No it’s drivable , I would love to have their contact info. Thanks
So your truck was identified under CSN 71A but the snap ring has not failed yet?
yes, I had issues with the transmission after I took it in for first oil change. I shifted hard so pulled over had it towed back to dealership. They kept it for a day and said nothing was wrong with it . Drove it home and seemed fine. Was put on the list this was in July I have contacted 3 others and they all say no parts we will put you on a list. Used it a few times after that towing a 16’ trailer with around 5,000 lbs and it was jerky. Have not used it since then

95Ctd

Reaction score
Can't imagine anyone selling anything, let alone around 100k, admit a potential problem and expect people to remain interested and pay remotely close to asking price.

HockeyPUcX

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps, but in my situation, when I opened a case with Ram Cares/Stellantis because the dealership had no loaners, they reimbursed me $55 a day for a car rental. At the end of it, they also gave me an extended warranty of 125,000 miles.

HockeyPUcX

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to make any sense or be consistent. In my case, I was polite but told Ram Cares that if it hits 30 days out of service due to my state's lemon laws, I would file for arbitration. It was resolved prior to 30 days out of service.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
potentially looking at picking up a 22' 3500 and need to verify this VIN isn't part of the CSN 71A recall. I don't see this recall when I query the Mopar site against the VIN but is there another place I should look to verify? thanks

HockeyPUcX

Reaction score
potentially looking at picking up a 22' 3500 and need to verify this VIN isn't part of the CSN 71A recall. I don't see this recall when I query the Mopar site against the VIN but is there another place I should look to verify? thanks
I would go to this site - https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html and type in the VIN. 4 tabs appear. For me, the Aisin transmission issue shows up under the "Customer Satisfaction Notices" tab versus recall.

SpeyRam

Reaction score

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Have your Ram dealer look the VIN up under the global recall section.

Users who are viewing this thread