Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty orders - Tell us about yours!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Bozo,
If it helps to know, I have two nephews with 2017 & 2018 F350s. They are extremely satisfied with their trucks. Neither has had a problem or needed a dealer repair visit. Both tow 34' pull trailers and say they've never had such a powerful truck. Pulls up 6% grades with ease. Of course, neither has pulled with a Ram so they have nothing to compare to. ;)

Just wanted to let you know of their experiences. I'm surprised the Ford is cheaper than a Ram. It's always been the other way around.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
what yah look at, the f350s or f450s

I've been looking at a 2020 F-450 Limited ever since the damaged truck came in, especially when things aren't going well with delays lack of info when you would like to hear some good news instead of canned messages. Even getting bad feeling from the Ram dealership I am dealing with. I heard the dealership is back on the market again. Who knows, this could be the Corona beer thing having everyone feeling bad and that might be what I am picking up on.
The thing to me is about Ford, the interior looks a little stale/out of date to me and not as nice as the Ram, BUT, that Loaded F-450 Limited look good to me except for the price. However, the Ford dealer is trying to get me a better price (may be the X plan) more incentives/discounts and better interest rates than Ram sometime this coming week. This is going to be a tough decision! The last time I bought a Ford was back in 1970.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Bozo,
If it helps to know, I have two nephews with 2017 & 2018 F350s. They are extremely satisfied with their trucks. Neither has had a problem or needed a dealer repair visit. Both tow 34' pull trailers and say they've never had such a powerful truck. Pulls up 6% grades with ease. Of course, neither has pulled with a Ram so they have nothing to compare to. ;)

Just wanted to let you know of their experiences. I'm surprised the Ford is cheaper than a Ram. It's always been the other way around.
Not me, imop, ferds are the cheapest junk you could buy. Im byased an I know it but proud John. I've seen allot of nice looking ferds but never saw one that held up to actual work.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Don't do it man, come back to the light. We're here for yah. Honestly imop , the 3500 an 350 are no comparison but that 450 pretty stought. But you know what opinions are like, just saying I'm a ram man an the rest are just in the rear view. But yo bro were praying fer yah.
Had a couple 450 chassis cab, but nothing in crew cab.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at a 2020 F-450 Limited ever since the damaged truck came in, especially when things aren't going well with delays lack of info when you would like to hear some good news instead of canned messages. Even getting bad feeling from the Ram dealership I am dealing with. I heard the dealership is back on the market again. Who knows, this could be the Corona beer thing having everyone feeling bad and that might be what I am picking up on.
The thing to me is about Ford, the interior looks a little stale/out of date to me and not as nice as the Ram, BUT, that Loaded F-450 Limited look good to me except for the price. However, the Ford dealer is trying to get me a better price (may be the X plan) more incentives/discounts and better interest rates than Ram sometime this coming week. This is going to be a tough decision! The last time I bought a Ford was back in 1970.
that f450 would be the only one I took serious, as a side by side comparison but again, id have to be drunk, so i guess there's always a chance just very slim. Only thing I like about em is that big 37 + k hauling but again it's not equal comparisons

John Jensen

Reaction score
Not me, imop, ferds are the cheapest junk you could buy. Im byased an I know it but proud John. I've seen allot of nice looking ferds but never saw one that held up to actual work.
Rich,
It's ok to be biased
I've always owned Fords and never had a bad one, a "cheap" one or a weak one. I had two Chevys that were the worst trucks possible. Dodges were true work trucks, drove like tanks, rode like a board and weak power. Then the tide started to turn when Dodge came out with the Cummins. Slowly they got better suspensions, better brakes, better drive train, better riding and much better interiors. They are now the best looking, inside and out, best riding and best power.

My forthcoming 3500 HO Cummins will replace my 2006 F350, 6.0 that has been a great truck. The best Ford I ever owned. Since it's a 2006 there's no comparison to today's Ram 3500. I can say it has "held up to actual work" without a hiccup, without a repair or replacement - much better than my friends' Dodges of that era.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a 96 ram duelly that was a monster tank. But no comparison to today's trucks. There's some good looking f450 but Imop that's all they are is good looking. An I know there proven equipment, but I hate those blue ovals. Now if you gave me one I would probably donate it to someone in need, but couldn't be some one I truly cared about. Hahaha. Ohhhh I'm just funnin. I am truly biased

@JC

Reaction score
Too bad for Ford their interior was designed in the '80s and Sync sucks.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Too bad for Ford their interior was designed in the '80s and Sync sucks.

Exactly what pushed me away from Ford. Cross shopped a new F-250 (7.3L) and the GMC Sierra 2500 (also a **** show). Ford had the biggest interior space by far but sync was a huge POS and the general design/quality sucked. Also I was not about to roll the dice on a brand new engine.

OA

edit: no idea this forum auto censored haha

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't think you could push me into a ferd. But I do have to say, the same 2 words keep coming up, an that's PUSH & FORD . Just saying

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Just got word my truck will be in this Friday! Best of luck to the rest of you still awaiting yours, hopefully you hear some good news soon.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I’ve had good and bad experiences with all 3 of the big truck makers. Mechanical things break and sometimes they aren’t put together very well. I agree with most of the comments here about the Ford interiors. I think the Ford is a solid, mechanically well engineered truck but I agree with others the interiors are very tired. In my opinion they look the same since early 2000’s with the exception they made the vents angular shaped instead of round. And there’s not much of a distinction between a Platinum and XLT interior. They mostly look the same with little variation.

The look of the RAM inside and out appeals to me over the other trucks. To each their own, if you have the need the F450 is a nice truck. There‘s a guy on YouTube -Big Truck Big RV - who is a good guy and is fair in his assessments of trucks. He drives a pretty burgundy F450 and says why that over a F350 in a video but he also likes RAMs. In fact FCA had him at their unveiling party for her truck because of his large following. Check him out.

I say buy whatever makes you happy, if you fall out of love trade it and get something else.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Looks like the pipeline is flowing again, just got my build sheet last week and window sticker today!
congrats, your almost there, keep your head up and your fingers and toes crossed

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Looks like the pipeline is flowing again, just got my build sheet last week and window sticker today!

Question. At any point in the process did the Dealer contact you and tell you if you'd like to make changes, this is the time to do it? That's been my experience with GM when I ordered a Vette. I was thinking about adding the Trailer Tire Monitoring but I'm not familiar with the stock system and nobody really talks about it so maybe it's better left off.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
No they don’t. Once submitted that’s pretty much it.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Question. At any point in the process did the Dealer contact you and tell you if you'd like to make changes, this is the time to do it? That's been my experience with GM when I ordered a Vette. I was thinking about adding the Trailer Tire Monitoring but I'm not familiar with the stock system and nobody really talks about it so maybe it's better left off.
To confirm, I was told the same thing, once the build sheet is submitted, thats it, you got what's you got. Thats probably why they go over it so extensively before submission, they've probably gotten burned in the past

Users who are viewing this thread