Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty orders - Tell us about yours!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Question. At any point in the process did the Dealer contact you and tell you if you'd like to make changes, this is the time to do it? That's been my experience with GM when I ordered a Vette. I was thinking about adding the Trailer Tire Monitoring but I'm not familiar with the stock system and nobody really talks about it so maybe it's better left off.
Depends - Once an order (POC) is submitted I believe a dealer can make changes until the POC gets a build confirmation.

Zeroday

Reaction score
My dealer told me I had a few days after I placed the order before it was 'picked up' and put in the queue, but stressed that it wasn't a formal process and that my mileage may vary in terms of them being able to change anything. I'd say if you want to do anything like that, contact them sooner rather than later, obviously, maybe they can do something, who knows.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Depends - Once an order (POC) is submitted I believe a dealer can make changes until the POC gets a build confirmation.
My dealer told me I had a few days after I placed the order before it was 'picked up' and put in the queue, but stressed that it wasn't a formal process and that my mileage may vary in terms of them being able to change anything. I'd say if you want to do anything like that, contact them sooner rather than later, obviously, maybe they can do something, who knows.

Thanks. I'm just gonna leave it alone. Plenty of good options for the trailer tire pressure monitoring out there.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm just gonna leave it alone. Plenty of good options for the trailer tire pressure monitoring out there.

Or you can add the factory system. However, you're stuck with the Mopar in-wheel sensors unless you can find a tire shop that can code screw on aftermarket.

jwhorner

Reaction score
Placed my order last Monday. I’m pretty excited for it! It’s a 2500 6.4 Hemi. It’s got an anti-spin differential, 3.73 axle ratio, heavy duty alternators rated at 380 amps, and a 50 gallon fuel tank. I ordered it in olive green with clearance lamps and decent tires so I won’t have to upgrade as soon as winter gets here. I got the upgraded Uconnect 4 with an 8.4” display. I deleted the carpet and got it with a rear park sensor. Ready to pull toys!
Anyone have info on the timelines now that they making them again? 8-12 weeks?

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
I ordered mine on May 12. I got notification that it entered the shipping process at the end of last week. ETA to the dealer window July 6-July 20. Pretty stoked. Here is the build:

Ram 3500 CC 4X4 short bed Bighorn
Granite Crystal
6.4 Hemi
4.10 gears
Level 1 package
Snow Plow package
Heated seats/wheel
Remote start

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Placed my order last Monday. I’m pretty excited for it! It’s a 2500 6.4 Hemi. It’s got an anti-spin differential, 3.73 axle ratio, heavy duty alternators rated at 380 amps, and a 50 gallon fuel tank. I ordered it in olive green with clearance lamps and decent tires so I won’t have to upgrade as soon as winter gets here. I got the upgraded Uconnect 4 with an 8.4” display. I deleted the carpet and got it with a rear park sensor. Ready to pull toys!
Anyone have info on the timelines now that they making them again? 8-12 weeks?

When did they open up a 50gal fuel tank option for the Hemi?

I thought it was Diesel 3500 CC LB only.

jwhorner

Reaction score

Hmm Not sure. I had been eyeing Ford Super Duty’s for the last 6 months but once I gave Ram a solid look it appealed to me more. Since considering Rams in the end of May they had that option when you configured one on the Ram site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwhorner

Reaction score
Might be a long bed option. Mine will have an 8’ box.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is what I have saved but it also sais it's standard and we know how that worked out for us. Doesn't say fuel type just cc & 8' bed

Attachments

• 2020_RAM_2500_3500_HD_FS.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Omar RVA

Reaction score

Seems to be available for Hemis on an 8’ bed now. I checked after @jwhorner posted and confirmed it on the site. I would’ve assumed that was a typo on ram’s site had he not said his order went through.
OA

jwhorner

Reaction score
Seems to be available for Hemis on an 8’ bed now. I checked after @jwhorner posted and confirmed it on the site. I would’ve assumed that was a typo on ram’s site had he not said his order went through.
OA

Yeah, I was pretty excited for that option. I had an extended range fuel tank on my old F150 (36 gallons) and it was nice to have. The 50 will be great. Not sure what guys are getting for mpgs with premium but that should be close to a 900 mile range.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty excited for that option. I had an extended range fuel tank on my old F150 (36 gallons) and it was nice to have. The 50 will be great. Not sure what guys are getting for mpgs with premium but that should be close to a 900 mile range.

I got a power wagon since it was my dream truck but for as thirsty as it is, the stock 31 gal tank runs out quick. Two 20L Jerrys are plenty for my needs but I wish ram offered a slightly larger option for CCSB trucks.

OA

rh04me

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to the site but looking to order a 2020 2500 Laramie. I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on good dealerships to work with who would offer a good discount in the Midwest . Preferably, Indiana but I’m willing to travel to one of the surrounding states. I’ve contacted a few different dealers but of course they only want to make the quick sale and immediately disregard what I’ve asked for and instead try to find a truck that “works”. I’ve already scoured the Ram site, even plugging in zip codes from other states and cannot find the exact truck I’m looking for. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

jkempken

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to the site but looking to order a 2020 2500 Laramie. I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on good dealerships to work with who would offer a good discount in the Midwest . Preferably, Indiana but I’m willing to travel to one of the surrounding states. I’ve contacted a few different dealers but of course they only want to make the quick sale and immediately disregard what I’ve asked for and instead try to find a truck that “works”. I’ve already scoured the Ram site, even plugging in zip codes from other states and cannot find the exact truck I’m looking for. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome rh04me! I believe ordering for 2020's is over as of 8/14/2020 and orders for the 2021's opens up on Friday this week, 9/4/2020. I do not have experience outside of my dealer, but someone with much more knowledge on that will be around shortly. Best of luck on finding/ordering your new Ram HD!!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Nice looking truck for sure.
I'm a Cummins guy so can't comment on your engine issue but hope it's resolved for you.

Nick

Reaction score
Just order your truck go thru the build sheet on line . Figure out what you want take your build sheet to a dealer and make a deal off the MSRP .Easier to work with a dealer near you . You will be surprised how much shorter you wait to get your truck worked on .

John Jensen

Reaction score
What Nick said but before you go to your dealer get some quotes from the discounters on the web eg, Dennis Dillon

Users who are viewing this thread