Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a 2023 2500 Rebel with the 6.4 and 2600mi on it does the same as yours. it's awful, sounds like a old junk! Dealer said it's normal and cannot do anything about it. It sounds like it's coming from the exhaust like two pipes are shaking and squealing until it warms up.
Hello, please send us a PM with the last eight characters of the VIN and date of the last scheduled service appointment so we can explore further.

Yenori
Ram Cares

bansheexyz

Reaction score
Watch this timestamp of this video. 6.4 Hemi starts up and rolls away from gas station, squeals like a pig. 2 seconds later, f250 starts up and rolls away, sounds fine.

Not normal!
full

whitexc

Reaction score
Totally normal…..per the countless posts and dealerships that deny any sort of issue. Believe me…I own a ‘21 and have complained about the chirp since the day I took delivery. For what they cost they sound like a clapped out 2001 with broken manifold bolts.

Sent from me

oledirteh

Reaction score
man, dont buy a cummins cause you guys will hate how loud they are :p

that truck sounds like a normal truck to me. the groan is the brakes. the rest seems fine to me. if it was truely obnoxious tfl would have mentioned it

Rebel Wes

Reaction score
I contacted FCA and they told me to make an appointment at the dealer for the noise. Truck went in on Wednesday, April 3rd. was there until April 8th. They said they are short on staff. So, there conclusion is that it's normal because two new trucks that they started have the same noise. The service guy said he will contact FCA of there findings which is nothing. How come I don't believe that he will contact FCA.

Rebel Wes

Reaction score
Rep. from Ram called me after the service. He said the there is nothing to fix because the truck was designed to squeal. What a joke. Maybe they should design it to bark like a dog when it;s cold also. If someone from FSA reads this please respond back why it was designed this way and what and where is the noise coming from. Since it was designed I'm sure you know.

Rebel Wes

Reaction score
Rep. from Ram called me after the service. He said the there is nothing to fix because the truck was designed to squeal. What a joke. Maybe they should design it to bark like a dog when it;s cold also. If someone from FSA reads this please respond back why it was designed this way and what and where is the noise coming from. Since it was designed I'm sure you know.
Forgot here is my Vin Number 3C6UR5EJ6PG603456 & Case # 89237151

Rebel Wes

Reaction score
Hello, please send us a PM with the last eight characters of the VIN and date of the last scheduled service appointment so we can explore further.

Yenori
Ram Cares
Here is my Vin Number 3C6UR5EJ6PG603456 & Case # 89237151

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

"Designed to squeal?"

That's just about the dumbest thing I've heard on the internet all month. Tell that guy he's an idiot and should find work in a different industry.

Users who are viewing this thread