Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera

popeye2002

Reaction score

Attachments

• 61xyjT-n4BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61xyjT-n4BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17

Randy Stickrod

Reaction score
Question for all of you that are WAY more educated than me on this stuff. We ordered our ‘22 3500 with the trailer surround system. It was working fine until about two weeks ago. Now I just keep getting the message pictured. I’m using the connection in the bed of the truck. BTW, both of my 12 pin boxes have worked since day one. I tested them before I installed the cameras a year ago.
1) Which fuse is for the system? I think I found it and it’s good.
2) Should there be 12VDC going to the system through the 12 pin cable?
3) If it should be 12VDC, which pins is the power on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 25

M-Pressive

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the middle of getting all the parts installed into my 2023 Limited and everything is set under the dash.

I am also installing the TPMS system for the trailer at the same time and noticed something odd with three capped off wires near the bumper.

Picture attached, anyone know what these are/were for?

Red white/pink red and what looks like a purple white wire are just sitting there.

Thanks for taking a look. I am stumped...

Attachments

• IMG_5997.jpg
    IMG_5997.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Danking60

Reaction score
If I have the 12 pin connector on my truck and have the towing technology group b. Can I purchase trailer surround camera system, part# 82216421ab-001 and it will work for my truck? I also have the 5th wheel prep group so does that mean the 12pin connector only works on the bed and not from the bumper? I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie

[MOD; Please limit questions in this thread related to the 12-PIN Surround Camera System]
Where can you get the cameras? My 2022 is all set and came with a wiring kit, but the accessories guy at the dealership said there isn't any cameras available for it. It would be cool if you could plug in a wireless sending unit to the 12 pin that worked with a remote trailer camera! Thoughts?

Yardstick

Reaction score
If you want a discount I have the camera system from Mopar that is used with that system. New and never used $600

Danking60

Reaction score
If you want a discount I have the camera system from Mopar that is used with that system. New and never used $600
I appreciate the offer, the pickup isn’t a cheapie, but we don’t pull stuff daily…I’ll look for a lower priced option before circling back to that range! I’ve trailed many thousand miles not seeing the Prius’ soy boys tucked in behind, so it’s not a must have!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, the pickup isn’t a cheapie, but we don’t pull stuff daily…I’ll look for a lower priced option before circling back to that range! I’ve trailed many thousand miles not seeing the Prius’ soy boys tucked in behind, so it’s not a must have!

Based on the options you listed in your other thread the surround view camera will not work on your truck.

Yardstick

Reaction score
What part number is it?
I never could find a part number. I had bought the truck, a 3500, and it had the trailer camera option. Then whoever ordered it apparently wanted the trailer surround cameras. So the we’re in the truck when I bought it. (2022 3500 longhorn limited)

CTow

Reaction score
Question for all of you that are WAY more educated than me on this stuff. We ordered our ‘22 3500 with the trailer surround system. It was working fine until about two weeks ago. Now I just keep getting the message pictured. I’m using the connection in the bed of the truck. BTW, both of my 12 pin boxes have worked since day one. I tested them before I installed the cameras a year ago.
1) Which fuse is for the system? I think I found it and it’s good.
2) Should there be 12VDC going to the system through the 12 pin cable?
3) If it should be 12VDC, which pins is the power on?
My trailer surround stoped July 23 after uconnect update last week i recieved a new update and it back again

missingpieces

Reaction score
Just found this thread. Interesting. I found a press release regarding the aux camera kit for 2019 model years. That was before UC5 wasn't it? I've got a 2019 w/ UC4.

dalesonger

Reaction score
And the module inside the enclosure looks strangely similar (although not identical) to another module under the driver's seat.
View attachment 56945View attachment 56946

I believe this is the module for the 360 camera system on the truck. It has one more camera input, and the video output is through a pink fakra connector instead of wires to the main connector.
What year truck and trim, assume it has 360 camera system installed?

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the middle of getting all the parts installed into my 2023 Limited and everything is set under the dash.

I am also installing the TPMS system for the trailer at the same time and noticed something odd with three capped off wires near the bumper.

Picture attached, anyone know what these are/were for?

Red white/pink red and what looks like a purple white wire are just sitting there.

Thanks for taking a look. I am stumped...
Thread was kinda highjacked lol. Did you ever find out what the wires were for that you posted?

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Well I found these 2 sets of wires and was wondering what they were for and saw he was asking about some of them. 1000010214.jpg1000010216.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I found these 2 sets of wires and was wondering what they were for and saw he was asking about some of them. View attachment 70802

The one by itself is a CHMSL feed for a canopy.

The other two are part of the aux switch wiring, and run to under the dash where you can plug a jumper in to have them be batt hot and ignition hot, or cut that wire and do whatever you want with it.

I have one on Aux1 for reverse lights and the other on Aux6 for a Trailer TPMS booster.

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
The one by itself is a CHMSL feed for a canopy.

The other two are part of the aux switch wiring, and run to under the dash where you can plug a jumper in to have them be batt hot and ignition hot, or cut that wire and do whatever you want with it.

I have one on Aux1 for reverse lights and the other on Aux6 for a Trailer TPMS booster.
Any idea on which wires do what on the three? I adding flush mount fog lights as reverse lights in the rear bumper. I'm using aux 1 2 3 so far for air compressor and air horn trigger and RGB rock lights that my kids gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread