Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 1FstGPa

Resetting TPMS Low Pressure Setting

2020 Ram 2500 Cummings 6.7 turbo Hey to everyone. Recently I had new tires installed (295/70r 18) at our local dealership. During that time I mentioned to the service manager, that if he could, I would appreciate taking the tire monitoring system and bumping down the low tire pressure alert so...
  2. 1FstGPa

To Bag or Not To Bag That Is The Question?

2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman 14,000 miles Greetings to all. The wife & I recently drove to Arizona (from Colorado) to attend a family member's wedding. We decided to pull our fifth wheel on this trip & due to weather conditions opted to take I-40 through New Mexico. I-40 in New Mexico is a mess &...
  3. 1FstGPa

Ummm, Excuse Me! Your Bed Is Not On Straight.

This one cracks me up! About 10 years ago, my brother-in-law and I were talking about our Ram 1500s. Eventually, our conversation got around to body and bed. He mentioned, in an amusing way, that there was a chance that my bed wasn't even to the cab. That production placed the bed just slightly...
  4. 1FstGPa

Troubleshooting Acc Switch for Fog Lights

I am no dummy when it comes to electrical, but this has me going, "Huh?" I recently installed a set of halogen fog lights on my 2020 2500 Tradesman. Nothing too difficult, except the way the bezels are attached to the bumper (What a joke that was). My wiring ended up in Acc Switch #3...
  5. 1FstGPa

Fog Lights Wiring and the Aux Connectors Question

I am in the process of of ordering some parts to fab a simple wiring harness for my added fog lights. The plan is to use 14ga wiring, both + and -, to the aux connectors. #3 connector - upper right while looking at it - on the light gray connector shows as a ground. Will I need to run the...
  6. 1FstGPa

Gauge Summary And Thermostat Question.

We just came back from a five state road trip with our 2020 Ram 2500 (6.7L) pulling our fifth wheel. Incredible journey! During this road trip, I had the readout set on "Gauge Summary" that displays Coolant Temp, Transmission Temp, Oil Temp & Oil Pressure. Somewhere, down the line with surfing...
  7. 1FstGPa

Air Horns!

Yesterday, while leaving Colorado Springs after an appointment, I encountered another distracted driver in some little rollerskate. Needless to say, the horns that is placed into these trucks are more of a joke as she was still honed into phone call and less on her surroundings. So. I am...
  8. 1FstGPa

A Tow/Haul Senior Moment

So I had a "Senior Moment" towing the fifth wheel 30-40 miles without the tow/haul engaged after one of our many-many stops we had to do to keep the on-board crew pacified. The amazing thing was the transmission never showed on the gauge that it was running anything but the normal temperature...
  9. 1FstGPa

Ft/Lbs for Lugnuts on a 2020 Ram Factory Wheel?

I did some net searches for this and came up with 130 ft/lbs for cone nuts and 140 ft/lbs for flanged nuts. Now my story and I'll try to keep this short... Yesterday, I thought I would inspect the cone lug nuts under the caps and verify torque before we headed out the door for our road trip...
  10. 1FstGPa

Intercooler Guard

Looked up some old threads here today and decided it was time to get rid of the factory installed snow plow better known as the front air dam (or valence). I cannot believe there is sufficient purpose to that item to help with mileage with the exception of crunching it on a rock when four...
  11. 1FstGPa

Towing In 4H When Weather Conditions Aren't Favorable???

Spring time weather in the Colorado Rockies can be real testy at times. One moment we can experience 40 mph crosswinds and a thin covering of snow to make a mess of things. 20 minutes later the sun is out, birds are singing and one is layering down wondering "Why is it so hot out?" Such is the...
  12. 1FstGPa

5th Wheel Hitches > I am So Confused!

Let me start by saying, when we purchased our Ram 2500, we did so with the factory installed 5th wheel towing prep package. On top of that, the wife and I, have settled for a 5th wheel that weighs 9338# dry and has a 1371# dry hitch weight. The dealer that sells this particular 5th wheel would...
  13. 1FstGPa

Maximum Payload??? What Does That Mean?

I am hoping I can explain this clearly. The stealership's salesman gave an address to a webpage that tells me everything about the new truck I purchased. Nothing really new in this day and age, but I did catch something that is confusing and that is "maximum payload" with a whiff of a number...
  14. 1FstGPa

New Member and New to the World of Diesel Power

Greetings from Salida (Colorado)! I recently purchased a 2020 Ram Tradesman crew cab 4x4 from the next town over stealership. The intent for this ride is to travel and pull a lite 33' 5th wheel. Of course, as Ram Tradesman goes, it typical white cookie cutter from the factory. Nothing fancy...