Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ummm, Excuse Me! Your Bed Is Not On Straight.

1FstGPa

Reaction score
This one cracks me up!

About 10 years ago, my brother-in-law and I were talking about our Ram 1500s. Eventually, our conversation got around to body and bed. He mentioned, in an amusing way, that there was a chance that my bed wasn't even to the cab. That production placed the bed just slightly to one side. He told me that his 1500's bed was so far to the left that he took the time to try to fix it. We laughed about it and of course the very next day I was out with a ruler to check mine. TDC fortunately since I am a stickler for detail. In fact, After that, I was a little fanatical checking out other Rams on the road for awhile. That passed as well as my memory over this issue --- Until...

About a month ago my wife was looking at the back of our 2500 going, "Hmmmm?" I asked her what was on her mind and she said, "The bed wasn't even with the cab." Now if she can spot that, it must be really off. Me? I never noticed, but I remembered my conversation with my bil 10 years ago after comment. Yup! She's right! The bed sits a 1/2" too far to the left.

Big money and they can't even place the bed on straight!

I have thought about moving it, but what does that do the factory pucks alignment to frame? Hmmmmm? LOL!

jetrinka

Reaction score
Common problem that the dealer should be able to fix easily.

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
My tacoma bed was off by 1.5". Pretty simple fix. loosen bed bolts and gave it a slight push to straighten it.
The tacoma was also built in mexico... just saying

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, common complaint and lots of threads and posts abound.

In one, I think someone spot checked dealer inventory pre-life changing global pandemic, and found probably 50% were AFU.

Mine was a complete trainwreck that required shifting both cab and bed to line up and also keep the bed pucks aligned.

It's crazy the plant can't get this right.

Here's a side by side of what it looked like.

1650993312917.jpeg

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
well, it's raining, so I didn't take a hard look, but I think mine is straight

Users who are viewing this thread