Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 2

Bouncing

Hey all. Own a 2021 2500 Cummins Limited with no air suspension. I only use it to two my 25' Airstream (975# TW and 7300# GWVR). I love the truck. We do a lot of long trips and the range is awesome. It's also very reliable. Haven't had one thing break down in over 30K miles. That said, I'm...
  2. 2

Lowering PSI

Hi! My 2500 is mainly my tow vehicle for my Airstream. On smooth roads, it rides super stable with trailer in tow. On bumpy roads, it’s another story. Want to make it a bit less rough riding. Right now, I’m running the Transforce AT tires at 65 as per the sticker. Want to go to 50 front and...
  3. 2

Which fuses to tap into

Hey all. Wiring an ARB Twin Compressor in my 2500 Cummins. Need to tap into ‘illumination’ and ‘ignition’ circuits. I have add a fuse Micro2 wires and will go straight into the fuse box. Any suggestions on which specific circuits to use? Thanks I’m advance for you answers!
  4. 2

Where to route wires

Hey all. Will be installing an ARB twin air compressor under the passenger seat using the DDI mount made just for that. I will power the ARB directly from the battery. I’ve determined that I will go through the firewall on the driver side using the clutch hole. Questions: 1) What would folks...
  5. 2

Routing wires

Hey all. I'm installing an ARB twin air compressor under the passenger seat of my 2021 2500 Limited with the Desert Does It mount. I'll be using the 'clutch hole' to pass the wires from the battery to the cabin. From there though, what would folks recommend to bring the wires under the...
  6. 2

Frozen DEF and derate question

So for the second time this winter, I got the derate warning. First time, I took it to the dealer. They let it thaw indoors overnight and it was fine. Recommended I don’t fill up the DEF tank. Haven’t added any more DEF but got the warning again. We had a few colder days but the day I got the...
  7. 2

Hankook I*Pike?

Hey all. Dealer is recommending Hankook I*Pike RW11 winter tires for my 2021 2500 4WD Cummins Limited. I say recommending but apparently that is pretty much all they can get right now. Any thoughts on them. Specs below. Thanks. CURRENT ALL-SEASONS: Firestone Transforce AT LT285/60/R20 DEALER...
  8. 2

Lowering PSI for better ride?

Hey all. I tow a 4000 pound travel trailer with a 500 tongue weight using my 2021 Cummins 2500. I find the truck is bouncy on rough pavement even under load, ie trailer in tow and bed full of camping gear. I run 65 PSI all around as per the door jam sticker. Would it be safe to lower to 60 all...
  9. 2

Installed DuraFlap - Happy!

Hey all. Installed the DuraFlap 14" rear flaps on my truck. These are the extra long but regular width. Went with the chrome piece to match the truck's trim. Install was super easy. It leverages stock holes and even some of the screws. Happy with the flaps. They look sturdy and robust. Added...
  10. 2

Mud flap clearance

Hey all. Want to add DuraFlap extra long mud flaps to my rear wheels. Idea is to protect my travel trailer from rocks. If I go with the extra long ones, it'll leave me about 6.5" off the ground including squat from hitching up. Is that too close to the ground? Should I just go with the regular...
  11. 2

Disconnecting the battery

Hey all. Limited Diesel owner here. Had to disconnected the battery to solve the SOS call button stuck in a loop (kept calling). Disconnected the negative on both batteries. A bit of a pain. Could I have only disconnected the negative of the passenger side? Is there an easier way to do this?
  12. 2

Remote Start / Lock No Longer Working

Hey all. Got my RAM 2500 Limited end of April. SiriusXM Guardian features worked well out of the gate. I was able to Start / Stop / Lock / Unlock the truck using the app with no problem. Since a week ago though, I can no longer do any of this. The app still allows me to accurately locate the...
  13. 2

Hot Spot while car is off

Hey all. Is there a way to keep the Hot Spot active even if the car if off. For instance, while at a campground. Any info welcome.
  14. 2

Hitch set up

Hey all. Got my new Ram 2500 Ltd, diesel 4x4. It'll be for towing a TT mainly. My current TT has a 500# tongue weight loaded (upgrading to over double that with a new TT later this summer). My Husky WD suggests the ball should be set at 1" above the top of the coupler. My question. Should I set...
  15. 2

Should there be a cap here?

Hey all. Just got my Ram 2500 Limited Monday. Love it. Can't wait to tow with it next weekend. Question, see attached photo. Should there be caps on these holes? Top, back of bed on either side. Lmk! Thanks.
  16. 2

Bed cargo management

Hey all. 2500 incoming soon. Will be used mainly to pull TT. Bed will have tonneau cover, but I’m looking for solutions to secure items in the bed to avoid them sliding around. It’ll be things like camping chairs, portable BBQ, rug, etc. Was interested in the mopar bed divider but it appears to...
  17. 2

Bed Questions

Hey folks. Does the 2500 Limited always come with a spray in bed liner? Or is that an option?
  18. 2

Building a new RAM

Hey folks. Currently shopping for my first RAM truck to tow a larger Airstream than what I'm pulling today (from 22' to 27'). Ruled out the 1500 as the AS I'll be upgrading to is over 1000# of tongue weight loaded and I find that too close for comfort. Now, I have a few questions: 1) I want a...