Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed DuraFlap - Happy!

2500ltd

Reaction score
Hey all. Installed the DuraFlap 14" rear flaps on my truck. These are the extra long but regular width. Went with the chrome piece to match the truck's trim. Install was super easy. It leverages stock holes and even some of the screws. Happy with the flaps. They look sturdy and robust. Added them to protect my travel trailer from rocks after noticing a few dings. May not catch all but will certainly reduce the risks. See photo. Any questions, let me know.

IMG_0325.jpeg

jetrinka

Reaction score
Would you mind posting a picture of them from back behind the truck? They look awesome.

Last edited:

jetrinka

Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'll be purchasing a set of those when my truck finally arrives. They look really good!

anderson0172

Reaction score
I put Duraflap on my truck as well, also very happy with them!

Last edited:

jetrinka

Reaction score
Did you happen to install any front flaps?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I intsalled front and rear on mine. I have a dually though so wider on the rear.
Would you mind posting pictures of your front flaps as well as how wide/long yours are? Trying to get an idea for how they'll look on the front of my 3500 SRW

anderson0172

Reaction score
Would you mind posting pictures of your front flaps as well as how wide/long yours are? Trying to get an idea for how they'll look on the front of my 3500 SRW
Sure, I can do that when I get off work, it'll be a few hours

jetrinka

Reaction score
Are the fronts the 12 or 14” wide? And what length?

cycling4life

Reaction score
Fronts are 12" wide and I thought just the standard length. My rear are 20" wide and the long version

I was going to get the long version too for the rear but Duraflap advised on the curb issue when backing up if I don't have enough clearance. How much space do you have from the bottom of the mud flap to the ground?

anderson0172

Reaction score
I was going to get the long version too for the rear but Duraflap advised on the curb issue when backing up if I don't have enough clearance. How much space do you have from the bottom of the mud flap to the ground?
I'd have to measure but I can tell you they do hit curbs and parking blocks when backing into parking spots, they are very low. I don't mind too much because I tow a 5th wheel and it's added protection for that.

Users who are viewing this thread