Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Routing wires

2500ltd

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm installing an ARB twin air compressor under the passenger seat of my 2021 2500 Limited with the Desert Does It mount. I'll be using the 'clutch hole' to pass the wires from the battery to the cabin. From there though, what would folks recommend to bring the wires under the passenger seat? Should I route them under the dash and behind the UConnect screen or route them under the driver door trim and then under the driver seat? All thoughts welcome!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have Aux Switchs?

mountainears

Reaction score
Even without Aux switches some of the wiring is there that you may be able to leverage (from what I understand).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2500ltd

Reaction score
without Aux switches some of the wiring is there that you may be able to leverage (from what I understand).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatall

I do have an unused spot in my row of switches under the Uconnect screen. Maybe there’s some wiring behind it. I will look. The gauge may not be enough though. My ARB hasn’t been delivered yet but I would assume the wires are rather beefy since it is a twin compressor unit and may need a straight connection to the battery?

That said, I was good on the path from the battery to inside the cabin. I will use the free clutch hole (see photos) which is around where the steering column comes in. It is how I route the wire from that point to under the passenger seat that I was mostly wondering about. Any thoughts on that?

8661B0E2-EF82-450C-80FD-9E14D89D1DB1.jpeg40E389E0-25F7-4C6C-96A5-BD39CC15AB5F.jpeg

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try to route it under the center console.

I have also routed wiring under the door jam into the back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread