Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Fake WIX air filter?

1st off I'd say you guys South of the boarder have a lot more goodies available for our trucks. Ordered a new filter from Amazon, WIX brand as they were in stock comparing to Fleetguard which was an import weeks away, or Mopar which was the same cost as buying at the dealer. Description says...
  2. M

No cameras, no passenger seat heat after battery disconnect.

Finally got my 1st problem with my 2019. Just pulled the truck out of storage after winter. While the previous years I just connected the battery maintainer, this last time I actually disconnected the batteries as it was sitting for 5 months in storage. My 360 degree cameras are absent, all of...
  3. M

Ordering Cummins Filters Online -CANADA

I know there are quite a few Canadians here so wondering where you order your filters from - for those of you who do your own maintenance. It's time when I'm finally free enough to do it myself and my HO is also due for some fresh fluids and filters, I'm gonna park it for winter after that as I...
  4. M

W03 Transmission Valve Body Recall

My truck is booked for some recalls this coming Monday and the service coordinator says one of the outstanding recalls is W03. A quick search showed that this recall is for the 68RFE transmission and mine is a HO truck with Aisin. I'm confused now. Or is it a service coordinator that is...
  5. M

Where did the top overload leaf spring go??

Purchased a Truck Camper and was looking into some suspension components to stiffen up the rear end (was looking at either Super Sway Stops or Upper Stableloads), only to discover that my truck does NOT have the top overload leaf spring?? I'm confused. Are all SRWs are like this or someone at...
  6. M

Weird partial startup happened this past weekend

I was on my way to go camping, stopped at a fuel station to fill up and shut the truck down, then a minute later had to start again to move it to a different pump and after firing up it died instantly. Pushed start again and it sort of started, was idling at a few hundred RPM and very rough...
  7. M

Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Yes or No?

Chewed up my front passenger side (got a hole and immediate pressure loss, by the time I've got to the shoulder the tire was toasted) and now my rear drivers side is leaking too so I need a new set in a hurry. I heard everyone was saying the stock TF are junk but didn't think they were this bad...
  8. M

Box canopy fitment through different years.

Hello. Anyone knows if box dimensions changed from 3rd to 4th to 4.5 gen?? Looking to get a box canopy and most that are for sale are from earlier years trucks.
  9. M

Which tuner? EZ-Lynk vs EFI Live vs MM3.

1st thing 1st, I only want to discuss the pros and cons of the tuning devices themselves, not any particular tuner that actually creates PCM flash files. MM3 and EFI Live are, for the lack of a better word, offline tuners. You load your files in them and then flash the truck and you're done. If...
  10. M

Why CUMMINS option on 5500 is so special??

Was killing time playing RAM builder and noticed this: Cummins option on RAM 5500 is CAD $26,645 While the same option on 4500 and 3500 C&C is CAD $9,450 For comparison, a diesel option on P/U is $9,450 for the SO and $11,950 for the HO. Any idea WHY the diesel on 5500 is so expensive...
  11. M

Adding AUX switches after taking delivery

Can the AUX switches be added after you took the possession of your truck with a 12" screen? I wanted AUX but didn't order my truck with them as I read somewhere someone mentioned the AUX switches with a 12" Uconnect would take away some other buttons and replace them with software buttons on...
  12. M

Upgrading '19-'20 to a '21 model year.

1st thing 1st, this is probably more applicable to Canadians that Americans, will explain now. As prices on the used vehicles (trucks in particular) went up and most of the sold trucks are making their way South of the border, there's a shortage on the used car market (hence the higher prices)...
  13. M

12.1" vs 8.4" Uconnect

I've ordered my truck with the 12.1 as I thought I'd like the bigger screen, however I almost always use Android Auto and it splits screen in half displaying maps and other apps on the top part of the screen and some pretty much useless music controls, etc, on the bottom half. This split screen...
  14. M

Interior fuse box location.

I'm about to install my dash cam that needs to be wired in, not 12V plug in. I couldn't see the interior fuse box in any of the usual places. Anyone get an answer?
  15. M

3500 rear diff question

Hey folks, I think there was an option to order anti-spin (limited slip) rear axle on 2500, but there was none of that and no packages that included this feature on 3500. So I'm wondering if 3500 came with it by default? Anyone knows for sure? Yeah I could floor it on a gravel road and have...
  16. M

Hello from frozen tundra

Hi all, new user here, from Alberta. I've got a '19 3500 HO mega cab limited 4x4. Was custom ordered end of last year and I've only got about 1000 miles (1700km) on it right now.